Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lambchop

Started by Martian Martian, February 09, 2004, 04:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just returned from Fopp with my copy of  Aw C'mon/No You C'mon (£12 for 24 songs - that's value!)

So far, it' sounds like more of the same (Nixon and Is A Woman) from Nashville's finest.

Any other fans out there?

*Not one fuckin' Lambchop fan? They'd be as well cancelling the tour.*

Jesus, I feel as if I've just farted in cyberspace...

splattermac

yes, but I didn't enjoy the latest two, I just scratched my head and huffed and puffed and couldn't wait for it to be over. Is a woman and their earlier stuff is miles better.

Have you heard the track  Kurt did with Morcheeba 'what New York couples fight about'? or their version of 'this corrosion' by Sisters of Mercy :) ?

I reckon they must be a very sedate affair live, I like Low for instance and when I went to see them I nearly turned into a violent heckler at how quiet and pathetic they were, and the warm Guinness. I think it's small space music.

Not listened to the new ones yet, but Im going to see them at Shepherds Bush Empire in March...

Yeah I know what you mean about requireing small space music, I'm trying to tell myself that it'll be a good gig, but Im not sure such a controlled quiet sound really works as a mid-size venue gig...

Borboski

I just think they're magnificent... Kurt Wagner's lyrics really remind of that book The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner.

It's not 'that' quiet anyway, Is A Woman was, but across the albums there's a load of upbeat funky dancing songs - "Oh F++king Sunny Day" being my fave.

Prolly my all-time favourite band.

Although - each one of their albums has blown me away with a distinct sound - and I don't necessarily feel that with these two new ones... although I haven't listened to them properly and there does seem to be a nice lot of strings being used.

axel

Another Lambchop-liker here. I've all there albums, and have seen Kurt live in Leeds.

My favourite albums either 'Nixon' (love the soul, big productiopn sound) and 'How I Quit Smoking' (the first one i bought). Although i still think their best song is 'Soaky In The Pooper', which Kurt played as an encore when i saw him. The crowd joined in, and it was the quietest sing-along i've ever heard!

Find the songs incredibly affecting, despite not knowing what most of the lyrics are on about.

dan dirty ape

That instrumental 'Being Tyler' on the new album is superb.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Yeah, I bought the new albums the other day and, as good as they are (and they're no ''nixon''), the more I listen to them, the more his voice grates on me. "Steve McQueen" is fantastic though.