Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rock Band Blitz

Started by Jerzy Bondov, August 30, 2012, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Alright. This came out yesterday on the Xbox and the PlayStation, it's a Rock Band spin-off that plays a bit like Amplitude/Frequency. In other words you don't need to dig out your dusty old instrument and give it a good strumming. It comes with a wide range of dreadful songs:
Quote"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me""   Fall Out Boy
"Always"   Blink-182
"Cult of Personality"   Living Colour
"Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)"   Queen
"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"   Shinedown
"Give It Away"   Red Hot Chili Peppers   
"I'm Still Standing"   Elton John   
"Jessie's Girl"   Rick Springfield   
"Jungle Boogie"   Kool & the Gang   
"Kids in the Street"   All-American Rejects   
"Bang Your Head (Metal Health)"   Quiet Riot
"Moves Like Jagger AKA The Worst Song Ever Recorded" Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
"Once Bitten, Twice Shy"   Great White
"One Week"   Barenaked Ladies   
"Pumped Up Kicks"   Foster the People   
"Raise Your Glass"   P!nk
"Shine"   Collective Soul
"Shout"   Tears for Fears   
"Sing"   My Chemical Romance   
"So Far Away"   Avenged Sevenfold
"Spoonman"   Soundgarden   
"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"   Kelly Clarkson   
"These Days"   Foo Fighters   
"We Are Young"   Fun. feat. Janelle Monáe   
"The Wicker Man"   Iron Maiden
You can play these songs in normal Rock Band, and you can play all your normal Rock Band songs in Blitz. So there are lots of songs.

Each song has a lane per instrument with notes scrolling toward you in familiar rhythm game style. You jump between lanes trying to play as many notes as you can. It's like spinning plates, as you have to build up each lane to get THE BIG POINTS. You also unlock fun power ups. Looks like this:

Phwoar.

I had a go on it last night and it is addictive. There are different control options and I've yet to find the best one but my scores started to creep up. In the unlikely event that anybody else cares about this game and wants some scores to fight then my xbox name is Mattyzmatty. You can see your rival's ghost like in Trials Evolution if that helps.

chand

Downloaded the trial but haven't had a crack yet. Fuck me that's a terrible playlist though.

It's essentially the same deal as Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP from what I can tell.

Jerzy Bondov

I'm not sure I would have bought this if I didn't already have stuff like Talking Heads downloaded from previous Rock Bands. In Rock Band 3 you could hide fucking awful songs so they couldn't bother you with their existence but I haven't seen that option in this one.

The actual game is great though, once you factor in the power-ups you're juggling so many things that you start to feel like some sort of autistic music god when things go well.

There are 4 awesome tracks on that list. Guess which ones I mean.

chand

Played it now, I sort of like it but I'm not sure about having all 5 tracks running at the same time, it just feels like you're fighting a losing battle. With Unplugged you had to switch tracks but there'd only be one track requiring your attention at a time, with this I'm having to hit notes while also trying to look at the side of the screen to see which tracks need playing. Plus it's hard to switch to a new track at a good moment where you can get the rhythm straight away.

madhair60

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on August 30, 2012, 10:55:31 AMIt comes with a wide range of dreadful songs:

Quote"Jessie's Girl"   Rick Springfield   

You just shut the fuck up.

Tokyo Sexwhale

I could probably hum about 5 of them, the rest I've not heard of.