Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:02:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yuno what it is [autumn anime]

Started by Pedro_Bear, September 28, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro_Bear

I'd pretend I'm interested, but I'm locked into an never-ending chunniloop at the moment.

Chuunibyou's "Banishment - this world!"s reminded me of something, but I couldn't recall what, until Rikka said something in a certain tone of voice and I looked up her VA.

She's the professor from the Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger spoof, and Chunnibyou is very, very Akibarangers.

I love the way Rikka goes into stance here at the door, it makes the scene, and beautifully frames the respite. The animation shorthand here and throughout is amazing. It appears this is KyoAni's new side project: make the sketched scenes better.

Hairclip's character progression is the best so far, and will probably remain so. As noted previously, "she shouldn't be here", and that's been the challenge for the writers to acknowledge this and then work with it. The little glimpses of her former chuuni-self being all sickeningly sweet, ridiculously over the top, fairy-talking, love-conquerers-all, the innocent who sacrificed her happiness for the good of the World is so at odds with her cynical, quick-to-anger, Best Cheerleader persona as to be utterly believeable.

Nod to Hyouka, there. I realise why I like Sanae so much now: she's a Kuroko Shirai knock off, old lady voice'n'all.

Consignia

Cor this season has been brilliant for faces expressing mild discomfort and unease. Examples:

More please.

Consignia

Yay! My YuruYuri mug with disappearing Akari arrived today. It's pretty cool, I might do a video of it in action if I can summon the video recording equipment to do it. Not bad either, it was despatched from Tokyo on Saturday morning and it arrived here early this morning. Parcelfarce come through for once.

Also got a Nisemonogatari mug as well. No cool feature, but it does look pretty swish. Full of text, just like the show.

Pedro_Bear

At least do a before and after shot (of the one that changes, obviously).

Rozen Maiden Series 3, JC Staff to produce, eta 2013.

I believe this announcement to be confirmation that the world will indeed come to an end this December, thus preventing anyone laying eyes on full S3, ever.

madhair60

Didn't like the last Chuuni. A huge shame they're taking it in this direction. At the risk of sounding like a mad wanker, one more episode like that and I'm fucking it off. Such a disappointment. They just couldn't let the character be what she was in any kind of earnest comic way, it had to be daddy issues. Bunch of fuck. Stu mad.

Pedro_Bear

Hang on in there, it's not over yet.

>Daddy Issues
>Yuuta has no on-screen father, either
>KyoAni does not into romance, ever

>they are brother and sister

In any event, Uguu~ Yeah, I'm calling the cops. KyoAni definitely just tried to murder us with moe there.

Rikka's sister is like the anti-show within the show, condensed into one wicked, scene-stealing character. When she's not playing "Acrimonious Divorce" with innocent little girls (because playing "House" got too boring) she's heavily implying if not outright stating she's a camwhore. It's like she's the last vestige of KyoAni that doesn't want their shows anywhere near the Disney Channel.

Pedro_Bear

What the... Hell? Where did this come from: Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative ONE: Kobayashi Opera to 5-Mai no Kaiga Episode 1 English Subbed?

SPOILER: It's set in London. It's blatantly non-canonical, in that they actually use their powers to prevent crime at least once.

But in that, change isn't all bad:

This is actually really weird: it's almost like someone has made a straight episode of Milky Holmes. Which, if true, would genuinely confirm we are living in the End of Times. It's not that it's bad, per se, but I certainly spent the entire episode waiting for the other foot to drop... only, it didn't. Or it didn't seem to, at least.

See what you think? It's... different.

sirhenry

Quote from: Pedro_Bear on November 24, 2012, 02:18:47 PM
It's not that it's bad, per se, but I certainly spent the entire episode waiting for the other foot to drop... only, it didn't.
Is this the leprous version of the saying? I like it.

Consignia

Yes, it's finally here. The moment you've all been waiting for~. The video display of the Yuru Yuri mug. I know it's been a difficult week of waiting in anticipation, but you can finally rest easy watch it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCmKOJf26V0

Pedro_Bear

<joke triggered>
p3dr0 rolls d20 ... 10-6 = 4 ... vs DC 18 (Will) ... fails

What a gyp, nothing happens.

Nice lines on the design, though.

madhair60

Isn't the Milky Holmes episode based on the PSP games or something?

Oh, and false alarm with Chuuni.  Ep 8 was A+.

Big Jack McBastard

I've snapped and started with Chuunibyou and am up to the second series of Hidamari too.

Chuuni is shaping up well, the way the clashes between the currently affected and the recently 'recovered' crop up is great, a quick 'Darku Flame Masta' or a snippet of the writings of Forest Summer being enough to trigger a shame/embarrassment overload in Yuta and Shinka giving the appearance/effect of being an effective mystical weapon against them.

'Why won't those cringeworthy memories die?!' We've all been there.

Dead kate moss

Images gone. Unless they need to return xx

Dead kate moss

Dead kate moss

Dead kate moss

Almost all images gone. Unless they need to return xx

chocky909

Dead kate moss

If Pedro & Madhair manage to refrain from what looks likely to be another anime-pic-thread-shit of a thread they don't like, then I may edit out those pictures. Until then, I apologise for innocents caught in the crossfire, but am not going to let anime-loving thread-shitters shit all over threads they don't like.

Pedro_Bear

Can it, Avon. You're such a weeaboo you married a Japanese chick.

Do you have to buy her sailor suit separately, or does with come with the box?

Consignia

2012 is drawing to it's end, Christmas is upon us, so I thought I'd do a bit of fun like last year and dp another picture quiz. Pub quiz style again. I was going to do something more elaborate, but time was not on my side. Probably a bit easier than last year but with more questions to make up for it. There is a web page version here which has all the screenshots full size to be easier to look at.

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

ROUND 4 - MUSIC COVERS
1 point for the source, 1 point for the cover version e.g. Example Happy Material (Negima OP) By Hibiki Ganaha (c.v. Manami Numakura)[nb]You can be quite loose in this round, it was rather difficult to define[/nb]
COVER 1
COVER 2
COVER 3
COVER 4
COVER 5

ROUND 3 AND 5

ROUND 6

ROUND 7

I'll post the answers up in a few days time. Don't worry too much about the mystery link, it's not deep at all. So come on, have a go. Web page version again.

Pedro_Bear

Yikes, a quiz!

Right. I've got about six or seven of the easy ones, back later on in the week when I've got my sleuth hat on.

Pedro_Bear

Spoiler alert
Another
[close]
Spoiler alert
Crawling Up! Nyarlko-san
[close]
Spoiler alert
God of Poverty!
[close]
Spoiler alert
Humanity Has Declined
[close]
Spoiler alert
Sword Art Online
[close]
Spoiler alert
The Pet Girl of Sakura Dormitory
[close]

Mmm, not good so far, and that was probably my best round, too.

Spoiler alert
Child's Toy, from the character design
[close]
Spoiler alert
The Monster Seated Next to Me
[close]
yay, one I watched some of!
Spoiler alert
Busou Shinki? And if it is, the lack of dolljoints is really unfair
[close]
Spoiler alert
Polar Bear's Café? C'mon, how many other all bear series were there?
[close]

Yeah, no.

Spoiler alert
Hayate the Combat Butler!
[close]
I got one! I got one!
Spoiler alert
Ha! No idea, but good cameo.
[close]

Yeah, well, whatever.

Spoiler alert
Zankoku Tenshi no Thesis from Evangelion, but no idea who's covering
[close]
Spoiler alert
Renai Circulation from Bakemonogatari, but no idea who's covering
[close]
Spoiler alert
* -ASTERISK- from Bleach, but again, not a clue who is covering it, but sounds better
[close]

I am shamed by an internet forum quiz.

Spoiler alert
Doll Festival
[close]
Spoiler alert
Setsubun, learned from that very episode of Haruhi-chan
[close]
Spoiler alert
Halloween?
[close]
Spoiler alert
Obon, thank you Haruhi Suzumiya
[close]
Spoiler alert
Shogatsu, New Year
[close]

HAH! Oh yeeeeahh! Back in! Stuff I learned watching cartoons!

Spoiler alert
Midori Days
[close]
Spoiler alert
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
[close]
Spoiler alert
MariMite
[close]
Spoiler alert
Freshly Baked!! Ja-pan/bread
[close]
Spoiler alert
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase, I know by that one picture is all
[close]

And the link is...
Spoiler alert
Lesbians? MariMite is in there, so really... no, wait... They've all been parodied in Lucky Star?
[close]

Spoiler alert
GJ-bu
[close]
Spoiler alert
Sasami-san
[close]
Spoiler alert
Senran Kagura
[close]
Spoiler alert
Prisma Illya
[close]
Spoiler alert
Magical Suite Prism Nana, SHAFT, will be watching
[close]

Yeah, well, I've got the preview montage, so, nyaa.

That was a good quiz.

Deader Kata Mosser

I've looked for that requested Ghibli 'Mei On The Catbus' mini-coda thing to My Neighbour Totoro that was requested , but it seems Tokyo does not have the pirated DVDs other asian countries are chock-full of, so I don't think we will be avilable to buy it illegally. I'm not really prepared to film it illegally either, so... are there never any torrents of it anywhere? I will keep looking for a DVD, and if i get one I'll see if it can magically be put on YouTube somewhere. just a heads up.

Pedro_Bear

There's a dodgy camrip right there on youtube.

Possibly a slightly better one by searching "Mei to Koneko basu BakaBT", although it could be the same source.

How many giant robot fights have you seen so far?

Say hello to Yui and Ritsu for me if you see them.

sirhenry

Pedro_Bear

More evidence for The End Of Timesbaka Mayans

Tomoko... jjjust.... thanked... us!

So... a bunch of dirty foreigners kept buying out first runs of an obscure Japanese comicbook, which in turn prompted interest in the title from Nippon's own homegrown nerds, and the end result is: there is going to be an anime series sometime next year!

This means we have quite literally willed (well, okay, purchased the minimum amount of comics to secure studio backing to bring) Tomoko onto the small screen in all of her repellant, socially inept and in all too many ways utterly disgusting glory.

Umm. Hmm. Yeah. About that: why did we do this again?

Big Jack McBastard

I am too shit to participate in the quiz, I think I got about 5 answers and they were the obvious ones.