Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:06:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Savile Documentary

Started by DrunkCountry, September 28, 2012, 08:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Was he not also linked to the care home in Jersey that loads of abuse was goin on. If memory serves me right he denied being there only for a newpaper to have photoraphic evidence to suopport him being there!!

George Oscar Bluth II

In his defence, how can he possibly be expected to remember all the places he abused children?

Also, why didnt Gambuccini come out with these revelations before now? 

Mr_Simnock

Because Savile threatened him on several occasions with dressing him up as a school girl, drive him into the country side and then force him to put his finger up Savile's chutney. That fate is worse than death and kept many a BBC staff member in fear.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: Dead kate moss on October 04, 2012, 03:43:39 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/04/jimmy-savile-untouchable-press
QuoteThe only thing that puzzled me about Sir Jimmy Savile's death was that it took so long for his sexual victims to come out of the woodwork.
A sensitive way of describing the victims, there.

Tony Blackburn hasn't commented yet, as far as I know.  It's fairly well known that he didn't like Savile much.
There was a reference on another forum recently to Blackburn once playing "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" and dedicating it to Savile (not on air), but as far as I can recall the feature in which the story appeared, it was actually Gary Puckett's "Young Girl", and there was said to be knowing laughter from whoever else was in the studio with Blackburn and the journalist at the time.  The original piece was probably about 30 years ago.

momatt

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on October 04, 2012, 04:36:37 PM
Also, why didnt Gambuccini come out with these revelations before now?

I'm assuming this is because he's a spineless cunt.

Quote from: Jemble Fred on October 01, 2012, 08:50:08 AM
Dodgy comedians of the 70s beginning with F.

Frankie Howerd = unlikely to be after underage girls or hanging around with Jimmy Savile.

Freddie Starr = ... Er, best stop there. Sorry, this is tantamount to applying for a job at Heat, except with added unacceptability. I'll stop now.

"ITV News has successfully overturned an injunction obtained by TV celebrity Freddie Starr" according to Twitter.

Viero_Berlotti

Most blokes in show-biz during the 1970's probably smelt of booze and sweat, but I'd put Freddie Starr as the most likely to be on top of the booze and sweat smelling league.

daf

Quote from: wokeonawhalescock on October 04, 2012, 04:58:14 PM
"ITV News has successfully overturned an injunction obtained by TV celebrity Freddie Starr" according to Twitter.

And there I was about to go and deface Freddie 'parrot-face' Davies' blue plaque!

Wasn't the F described as stinking of sweat and booze? Sounds more like some greasy Arthur Mullard type than dear old fresh-faced Fred (though he's older than I thought - born in 1943, so who knows).

biggytitbo

I think we should gather together a list of 70s LE stars who didn't abuse vulnerable underage girls.

1. Brucie...

Great use of wide-eyed, manic looking images of Savile in that documentary too. Thanks ITV, you sensationalist cunts. I'm sure the editors were itching to do a slow zoom up to his eyes a la Jez North in Brass Eye but knew it would be too crass.

Mind you, he was a fucking scary looking bloke. At least if you'd been paedo'd off someone normal looking like Gary Barlow the nightmares might be nicer.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 04, 2012, 05:58:57 PM
I think we should gather together a list of 70s LE stars who didn't abuse vulnerable underage girls.

1. Brucie...

Corbett

Barker is out by proxy

That's it.

Lennie Bennett????

monkfromhavana

When people are outed like this, how do you think it affects their professional lookalikes?? Obviously bookings go down..must be a very depressing time.

Thomas

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 04, 2012, 07:10:04 PM
When people are outed like this, how do you think it affects their professional lookalikes?? Obviously bookings go down..must be a very depressing time.

Well, here's where shows like Doctor Who should step in.

Whenever a celebrity does a Bad Thing, and lookalike bookings decrease, Doctor Who should hire them all to star in an episode where the Doctor, trying to sort the controversy out, mucks up the timeline of said celebrity. Just imagine a hundred Jimmy Saviles fretting and tumbling around as the Doctor interferes with history.

The ITV documentary could even be shown in the TARDIS, watched by some of the Jimmy Saviles, twisting and changing and eventually being erased from history when the Doctor finally manages to prevent the Bad Thing.

Tim Burgess seems to be doing ok so far.

checkoutgirl

If someone said to me "You look like Jimmy Savile, you should be a lookalike," that would be enough to depress me.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 04, 2012, 07:35:45 PM
If someone said to me "You look like Jimmy Savile, you should be a lookalike," that would be enough to depress me.

Well the thing is, you wouldn't have to be an absolute spot on dead ringer for the dead paedo. If you looked vaguely like him and just added the accoutrements you'd could have had a pretty decent career.

If all these people we all knew were wacky oddballs (Saville, King), were actually casually noncing their way around Britain, i wonder if in 30 years time we're all going to be talking about Timmy Mallett?

biggytitbo

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 04, 2012, 07:04:04 PM
Corbett

Barker is out by proxy

That's it.

Lennie Bennett????

I like to imagine Tom O'Connor would never put up with any mucky business.

daf

Wish I'd kept that glowing tribute to Jim'll they broadcast just after he'd died - that's never going to be seen again!

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: daf on October 04, 2012, 05:20:08 PM
And there I was about to go and deface Freddie 'parrot-face' Davies' blue plaque!

Wasn't the F described as stinking of sweat and booze? Sounds more like some greasy Arthur Mullard type than dear old fresh-faced Fred (though he's older than I thought - born in 1943, so who knows).

Yes, I think we may have done Freddie Starr a disservice. As hard as it is to believe he was apparently tee-total during his peak in the 1970's, and anyway he would have been too busy getting blow jobs off his male gardener to fuck teenagers with Savile.

haveachocolatebiscuit

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 04, 2012, 07:54:12 PMi wonder if in 30 years time we're all going to be talking about Timmy Mallett?

Libellous! I once tried to get off with him when I was a horny 10 year old on the set of Wacaday and he assured me it would be a terrible thing. I left only with a signed greeting card.

massive bereavement

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 04, 2012, 08:17:39 PM
I like to imagine Tom O'Connor would never put up with any mucky business.

One of the tabloids had a story about Tom O'Connor being up to no good many years ago. I can't remember the exact details but I'm pretty certain it involved school uniforms, but I'm also quite certain that the girl in question was over the age of consent.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: massive bereavement on October 04, 2012, 09:42:52 PM
One of the tabloids had a story about Tom O'Connor being up to no good many years ago. I can't remember the exact details but I'm pretty certain it involved school uniforms, but I'm also quite certain that the girl in question was over the age of consent.

He fell in love with a teenage prostitute apparently.

In 1988, though, this former teacher and devout, married Catholic was reported to have fallen in love with an 18-year-old prostitute. The allegations were splashed all over the papers, and the game show host issued writs against three of them, before ultimately dropping each one.

"You certainly find out who your friends are when something like that happens," he said at the time. Within a year, he'd lost all but one of his shows, Cross Wits.

It's good that Cross Wits kept him on. Mainstay of school sick days. Never a cross word.

haveachocolatebiscuit

There's a huge difference in falling in love with someone who might be borderline underage and repeatedly boffing random schoolgirls against their will though. I'm thinking of the Jeremy Fellows case; It's possible that he fell in love and was very silly and confused when he fucked off to France with her and would like to think he and her had some kind of bond that meant he didn't want any harm to come to her. This Savile thing is a different thing altogether.

monkfromhavana

I think Saville should have been more concerned with the age of the girls, rather than the age of the train.

massive bereavement

Quote from: haveachocolatebiscuit on October 04, 2012, 09:57:51 PM
There's a huge difference in falling in love with someone who might be borderline underage and repeatedly boffing random schoolgirls against their will though. I'm thinking of the Jeremy Fellows case; It's possible that he fell in love and was very silly and confused when he fucked off to France with her and would like to think he and her had some kind of bond that meant he didn't want any harm to come to her. This Savile thing is a different thing altogether.

Yes I agree, though god knows how Fellows thought it would play out when he made the decision to go to France, that was a bit silly.

The name of the 18 year old Tom O'Connor fell in love with was Tracey Cummings.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: monkfromhavana on October 04, 2012, 10:05:42 PM
I think Saville should have been more concerned with the age of the girls, rather than the age of the train.

OK I laughed far too much at this.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 04, 2012, 05:58:57 PM

1. Brucie...

2. Larry Grayson
3. Richard Whiteley (Too busy having it off with overage women)
4. Dick Emery (Ditto)

Quote from: haveachocolatebiscuit on October 04, 2012, 09:24:56 PM
Libellous! I once tried to get off with him when I was a horny 10 year old on the set of Wacaday and he assured me it would be a terrible thing. I left only with a signed greeting card.

We need more info on this - were you a girl child, for instance, or a boy child? As you might not have been his type...Also, did you win? And hang on a second, you were horny when you were 10? Christ, back then I didn't know what sex and kissing was, my only interests were sci-fi, toy cars and getting revenge on Jason Bellinger.

Jollity

haveachocolatebiscuit

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 05, 2012, 12:24:01 AM
We need more info on this - were you a girl child, for instance, or a boy child? As you might not have been his type...Also, did you win? And hang on a second, you were horny when you were 10? Christ, back then I didn't know what sex and kissing was, my only interests were sci-fi, toy cars and getting revenge on Jason Bellinger.

I'm not sure if you're playing along with me but it didn't happen. I was being silly.