Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Predict-a-biopic.

Started by astrozombie, October 12, 2012, 11:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrozombie

I was talking about this the other day with a friend of mine. We were at the cinema and saw a GIGANTIC poster for Lincoln hung up and then we began predicting who else could get the movie treatment soon.

I predicted...

The King - The story of Elvis Presley, although it would never live up to the ultimate Elvis movie Bubba Ho-Tep, on the poster would be an actor like Randy Quaid sat in a dressing room clad in Elvis gear with 'a Martin Scorsese film' underneath it.

Jacko - MJ's go. With Will Smith as the man himself. Poster would be very similar to the This Is It poster. 'a Spike Lee joint' in huge letters on the bottom of the poster.

Go on... What do you think will get made?

Probably a Jimmy Savile one to be made aswell titled "Savile" but written as "SAVILE" on the poster. Directed by Todd Solondz.

small_world

I'm surprised there hasn't been a 'The People's Princess' movie yet.

Neil Armstrong is a definite.
But they'll be edgy and end at the 'high point' of his career and fade to black, with the famous audio "One Small Step For A Man", playing. (Actually, they'd miss out loads of interesting stuff doing that, so I'll predict a Tarantino style chop-up, mixed timeline reflections type of thing, cutting back and forth from his early years to the post moon years.)

Steve Jobs too...
It'd be good if the released it as a 5 parter, with each one getting shitter, longer, but seemingly the same, throughout the series.

I reckon it would be pretty easy to doll someone up as Diana. But I'd love to see the casting choice for Charles, no one really LOOKS like that[nb]So I reckon they'll go for Michael Sheen[/nb].
The 'birth scene' will be the clip they show at the Oscars.

I'd love to see a Leslie Nielson one done well.

Other candidates include Patrick Swayze. Heath Ledger. Wonder if they do Kim Jong Il? Colonel Gaddafi?
Oh and Pavarotti, surely[nb]DON'T CALL ME....[/nb].

astrozombie

Quote from: small_world on October 13, 2012, 12:12:34 AM
Steve Jobs too...
It'd be good if the released it as a 5 parter, with each one getting shitter, longer, but seemingly the same, throughout the series.

The Steve Jobbs movie is being made I think. I believe I heard Ashton Kutcher was playing him.

I'd love to see Jobbs' home on screen. I imagine the interior being all completely white and his living room to be white again with a light-grey steel egg shaped chair coming down from the ceiling via a pole which Jobbs sits in watching television on a paper thin TV built into the wall.

Whilst he eats an apple - AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It was worth clicking 'edit' to add that in.

Bad Ambassador

I reckon it would be pretty easy to doll someone up as Diana. But I'd love to see the casting choice for Charles, no one really LOOKS like that[nb]So I reckon they'll go for Michael Sheen[/nb].
The 'birth scene' will be the clip they show at the Oscars.

Naomi Watts as Diana in Caught in Flight, directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel of Downfall fame.

Covering the last two years of Diana's life - rather than the last two weeks of Hitler's life. Imagine Diana in her bunker in Kensington Gardens as the paparazzi slowly advanced, eh?

The Sky's The Limit: Murdoch biopic. John Hamm as the young Rupe, Pete Postlewaith as the elder. Has gentle satire but is mostly respectful. James Rolfe makes his big screen debut as James Murdoch and provides comic relief.

BlodwynPig

I didn't know that. Or how to spell his name properly. Well done me.

astrozombie

Quote from: Default to the negative on October 13, 2012, 08:32:40 AM
James Rolfe makes his big screen debut as James Murdoch and provides comic relief.

Made me laugh. Amidst the big Leveson inquiry "ERGGHHH!! DAD THIS SUCKS SO MUCH IT FUCKS!!!".

I think with Lincoln coming out there may be some over presidential biopics. How about Reagan starring John Hamm again written and directed by someone boring like.... Steve McQueen. They'll be buying rakes for the awards!

Thomas

There must be surely be an Obama one where Eddie Murphy plays all members of the Obama family.

Hangthebuggers

Julian Assange played by the delightful Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Probably directed by David Lynch.

monkfromhavana

Barrymore

A biopic on the life & crimes of the beloved entertainer, from the high points (Strike It Lucky), to the low (Getting all murdery on Stuart Lubbock). It's hard to look passed Michael Sheen in the title role again, but perhaps a more leftfield piece of casting could be Richard E. Grant. I think he could pull it off pretty well. I think it would make for a cracking film.

The Roofdog

There was a Prince Charles in Stephen Frears' The Queen, played by the bloke who played Alfonso Bonzo.

Neville Chamberlain

A Richard Dawkins biopic, starring Christian Slater.

Spoiler alert
Hope you don't mind me nicking your excellent joke, Jemble ;-)
[close]

madhair60

Quote from: astrozombie on October 13, 2012, 01:40:28 AM
The Steve Jobs movie is being made I think. I believe I heard Ashton Kutcher was playing him.

I think it would be great if the biopic was titled "Big Jobs".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Peter Postlethwaite story. Alun Armstrong could play him. With Kerry Katona as Julie Walters.And Michael Sheen as......well, something could be sorted out for him, Shirley.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: astrozombie on October 13, 2012, 01:40:28 AM
The Steve Jobbs movie is being made I think. I believe I heard Ashton Kutcher was playing him....

Two, actually.

The Ashton Kutcher one is an indie picture (James Woods will also be in it) and is called Jobs. The other is Steve Jobs, which is based on Walter Isaacson's so-so, but readable biography, and is being adapted by Aaron Sorkin.

Neither will be the first time someone has portrayed Jobs – Noah Wyle played him in Pirates of Silicon Valley, a TV movie about the early days of Microsoft and Apple. Although it does take dramatic license with certain areas (factual accuracy isn't its strong point), it does give a decent sense about the period and is quite fun – the scene where Jobs has taken acid is rather amusing. The cast is very good (Jobs actually got Wyle to come onstage as him when Jobs was to give a MacWorld expo keynote speech, and a good section of the audience only twigged when the real Jobs came on) - John DiMaggio plays Steve Ballmer, and very good he is too.

Mad Monk: Russell Brand plays Grigori Rasputin as a mystic and debauched religious charlatan. But a loveable mystic and debauched religious charlatan. A stern-faced Simon Callow co-stars as whoever the Russian king was. Rasputin will have lots of sex and the king never gets wise to his antics! 3/5

Icehaven

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on October 13, 2012, 06:22:52 PM
Julian Assange played by the delightful Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Probably directed by David Lynch.

There's a few Assange films around, I read a few weeks ago. One is an Ozzie film called Underground, came out a few weeks ago. I can't remember much about the other but I think it's still being made.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: thecuriousorange on October 15, 2012, 06:24:40 PM
Mad Monk: Russell Brand plays Grigori Rasputin as a mystic and debauched religious charlatan. But a loveable mystic and debauched religious charlatan. A stern-faced Simon Callow co-stars as whoever the Russian king was. Rasputin will have lots of sex and the king never gets wise to his antics! 3/5

Please let this film be real.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Carrion Corpsing - Tale of the recently deceased comedic actor Jim Carrey and his lifelong battle with necrophagia. Stars Jack Whitehall and Shannen Doherty. ✩✩

non capisco

A Plonker All My Life Part 1
First part of an epic three film Nicholas Lyndhurst biopic starring Ryan Gosling. Life is hard for the young Nicholas Lyndhurst (played by King Joffrey from Game Of Thrones), one minute riding high starring in The Prince And The Pauper and probably a beans advert or something, stricken by acne and spurned by casting agents the next. Things turn around when Nicholas (he is Gosling by now) is given a chance to play Ronnie Barker (James Gandolfini)'s son in 'Going Straight'. Unfortunately this is a flop and there is a scene where Gosling/RodneNicholas is in a bedsit drinking a can of 1970s beer, looking at his CV and shaking his head. Perhaps his career will never fulfill its early promise. But then one evening in a pub he overhears John Sullivan (Danny DeVito) complaining about how he's written a brilliant new sitcom but can't find the right actor to play one of the lead characters. "I've tried 'em all! I need 'em to be both gauche AND sardonic! NOBODY CAN DO BOTH!" At once we see Lyndhurst leap to his feet, tip a tray of sausage rolls over DeVito's lap and say "Cos-bloody-mic!". A star is born.

kidsick5000

Wonder if they do Kim Jong Il?

All using the puppet and voice from Team America?

DukeDeMondo

I predict a series of pictures by Todd Haynes documenting the lives and times of Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, Ben Wishaw and Marcus Carl Franklin, all played by Bob Dylan.

The Roofdog

I'd pay good money to see his Bobness screaming "DO YOU WANT ME TO GO FUCKIN TRASH YOUR LIGHTS?"

momatt

Quote from: non capisco on October 15, 2012, 10:48:47 PM
A Plonker All My Life Part 1
First part of an epic three film Nicholas Lyndhurst biopic starring Ryan Gosling.

This would make me soooooo happy.

finnquark

Quote from: The Roofdog on October 15, 2012, 03:17:10 PM
There was a Prince Charles in Stephen Frears' The Queen, played by the bloke who played Alfonso Bonzo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31lqzaqT8w4

A terrific film.

Princess in Love (whenever)