Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WANTED: a pair or gang of common 'taters

Started by ccab, July 04, 2004, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

The tournament seems to have lost some steam in this past quarter-final week. Part of the problem seems to be the disappearance of our house commentary team. I'll try to pick Gazzykins up by his ear & drag him this way, but just in case he's been licking dry ice or the ladyparts of the STD clinic's most prolific patient (yo mamma), would anyone else care to offer us their services in this prestigious capacity? You'll need to be witty and provoke debate & discussion - and when things fall flat you'll need to pick them up. In return you'll go down in CABs anals. You may even go down in it's annals.

Anyone fancy it? Get in touch with either me or Mr Rou-rou. If you want to do it anonymously, there's nothing stopping you signing up with a new name.

cheers

Can I be clearly the first person to say that the commentary is stupid no matter who does it. Both Morgan and Gazzyk1ns, when doing it, just sound like losers who are doing it without anyone asking, and there's really nothing to be said about shots except "nice" or "wow, great".

We're better off without,

ccab

Commentators aren't essential, but they're a nice part of the presentation - like the voting system or the shniy dedicated forum. Without these things it's just an art show. I've given links to coudal's dead tournaments elsewhere. Go there & you'll see how commentary benefits it (even if its shit).

Anyway, doesn't anyone fancy it?

gazzyk1ns

Yeah I sort of agree with Devlin, when I was doing it I felt like a bit of a spare part who nobody wanted to say "Go away, idiot!" to because commentary had been pre-arranged. I gave it a bit of a go but didn't think it was doing anyone any good, so I thought I'd just stop and save everyone the embarrassment.

Still, someone else might do a better job, it does sound like a good idea to me "on paper", so maybe someone else would like to try?

Sorry for taking so long to see this, by the way.