Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The lesser-told tales

Started by alan nagsworth, October 17, 2012, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I was listening to Thee Oh Sees just now, as should everyone because they're bloody ace, and the song I Need Seed came on. I was enthralled by this song, because the whole thing is a joyous romp all about the joys of being dirt. I've never heard a song from the perspective of dirt before, and it made me really happy. I don't know how but they actually managed to make it both a very simple song and also a charming reminder of just how awesome dirt is.

I was inspired to start this thread for people to post their songs about specific subjects that are not often covered in music. I don't really want a lot of incomprehensible Mars Volta bollocks and "lol what is this song about they must of been tripping hard lol" because that's too easy. I want simple conceptual tunes.

I dunno, whatever, let's do this shit.

KLG-7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQrzHOtbPI

A good one about the Minotaur. He'll do what's wrong as long as he can.

KLG-7A

Thinking about it, the same album contains concept songs about water, cells and being a witch's hat.

Nobody Soup

obviously everyone's heard of it but birdhouse in your soul by they might be giants is told from the perspective of a kids night light.

it increased my appreciation of the song ten fold actually getting what these lyrics were about

QuoteThere's a picture opposite me
Of my primitive ancestry
Which stood on rocky shores and kept the beaches shipwreck free
Though I respect that a lot
Id be fired if that were my job
After killing jason off and countless screaming argonauts

I think they're rather clever, and it's a nostalgic favourite from when I was 10.