Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Halloween viewing

Started by Operty1, October 18, 2012, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

We watched Ghostwatch projected onto our living room wall last night & I saw something I'd never seen before in Suzanne's exercise book...

Christ on the cross with a huuuuuge cock & balls. Lovely stuff.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on November 01, 2012, 01:14:24 AM
Really? It fuckin terrified me. And just generally disturbed me in a way that I haven't been able to shake since. That camera phone footage, and the ideas swannin about it, is just horrific. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

I didn't dislike it, despite plenty of mis-steps (what was the point of the 'shagging the neighbour' element?) it was clever and streets ahead of the likes of Paranormal Activity.

But by its very nature, I don't see how it could leave you unsettled, really. The documentary format meant that you knew everyone was going to be fine, nothing was wrong, life went on. The only person whose life is ever on the line is dead from the start. A superior mockumentary, but can't locate the scares, personally.

Followed it up with The Changeling. Again, good quality haunted house business, but I wish I'd tried V/H/S/ instead because, again, yep, no scares.

SteveDave

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 01, 2012, 02:54:55 AM
Is it the Arena one? That's an awesome watch.

I believe this is the Shining documentary in question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOxukprEwjg

Incandenza

Anyone else watched the Horror Europa thing? Thought it was pretty weak myself, few fun moments aside. Gatiss' presenting style is so dry and his daft THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF face is impossible to take seriously. The whole thing seemed desperate to MAKE
BIG IMPORTANT POINTS, but it was all fairly banal, obvious stuff, mostly just Gatiss endlessly synopsising films. Much less lively than his History of Horror series.

Mini

I saw Room 237 (The Shining documentary) last night, which was interesting and thought-provoking but often completely outlandish and not particularly well made.