Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,399
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grimoire: Crazy Cleve has finaly done it

Started by DashiDMV, October 19, 2012, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DashiDMV

So I have been lurking the site for a bit. After seeing this thread though http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=32803.0 I wanted to give the people who have laughed or are interested in this guy a heads up.

So basically this guy worked as a contractor on Wiz 7 and the head coder in and early version of Wiz 8 which got scrapped. After he was let go, Cleve wanted to make his own vision of what a Wiz 7 sequel would have looked like or get revenge on the Wiz 8 people and the Sirotek brothers, whichever version you believe.

After 17 years of treating the game as a hobby, Cleve is finally ready to release it to the public in 2013. He has set up a crowdfunding effort to get some final polish on it and have the best shipped product possible.

Here is the crowdfunding site if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.indiegogo.com/grimoireforever?c=home&a=1618887

Have to say in true Cleve fashion the promo video is hilarious on so many levels.

Batshit insanity aside, this guy can make games. This game does look really good and really gets the nostalgia feeling going as opposed to people who are making crap and just slapping the "old school" tag on to try and get cash. 

Take a look and post what you think as well as any funny Cleve stories you have.

DashiDMV

This was from the Shaker Kickstarter page. Funny stuff:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore less than a minute ago

http://www.indiegogo.com/grimoireforever

There is a spiritual successor to Wizardry. It is called Grimoire and it is done.

Brenda already got her Kickstarter at Sir-Tech. It was called Wizardry 8 and it cost two million dollars for Brenda to play game designer. Sir-Tech believed Brenda when she told them that nobody was interested in playing old skool RPGs anymore. It ended with Sir-Tech going bankrupt with less than $50 in assets at their hearing. If anybody had thought Brenda was a good bet to head up another team after Sir-Tech went out of business, with her huge social networking skills I am sure she could have headed up another team.

Brenda is good at social networking but not much of a game designer. If she had any pleasure or enthusiasm for the genre she'd be working in it instead of writing politically correct social games for FaceBook.

She wants another two million, this time to pay her to make a game she can't even seem to describe. Maybe that is because she is more interested in two million dollars than old skool RPGs.

For those of you who don't understand why Sir-Tech turned away from their core and blew their money on junk like DRUIDS, it was because they thought Brenda knew what she was talking about. That's why they are out of business today.