Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is this dialogue from?

Started by BlodwynPig, October 21, 2012, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

QuoteI'm going to come back and perform some dental surgery with a power drill. You may think I am exaggerating, but...because I have enjoyed your hospitality I want you to understand that I'm not. I'll come back with a drill and a little black case and plug it in. Then I go to work with a No. 2 drill bit, which is about the size of that finger. Sometimes I perform the surgery with the mouth open, sometimes through the cheek. I don't use Novocaine. There's usually a great deal of blood.

As heard at the opening of Pressurehed track - Conscious Control.

Sounds like something from Driller Killer, but the actor seems accomplished.

El Unicornio, mang

Pretty sure it's from Marathon Man, before Olivier tortures Hoffman

Edit: actually, it's not that. Might be from Hostel

Phil_A

Sounds like it should be, but it's not (Marathon Man, that is)

BlodwynPig

the track is from early 90s - so not Hostel. The accent is American Italiano, a bit like De Niro but heavier on the cotton balls in the mouth.

Cerys

Gah, this is so familiar!  I can almost see the scene - but I can't place it.

Edit - I think I've remembered the scene I'm picturing.  Pan's Labyrinth.  But that doesn't really fit - did they have novocaine during the Spanish civil war?

billtheburger

I going with; Little Shop of Horrors.

BlodwynPig

Thanks for the help. It seems strange that the dialogue doesn't pop up in google search - so I thought it might be a video nasty or something. Is Little Shop of Horrors a video nasty, doesn't Richard O'Brien star in that, or the other one from Rocky Horror. Edit: Tim Curry (thanks to the Curry thread for reminding me)

Brundle-Fly

It sounds like a black man's voice, if that jogs anyone's memory?

El Unicornio, mang

Replies From View

BlodwynPig

neveragain

Wasn't there some crazy Robin Williams film about a dentist gone beserk... oh no, he isn't black either.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: neveragain on October 24, 2012, 07:26:37 PM
Wasn't there some crazy Robin Williams film about a dentist gone beserk... oh no, he isn't black either.

The guy is not black from the audio...

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: neveragain on October 24, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

You're telling me Robin Williams isn't black?  Fuck.

alan nagsworth

Have you tried googling bits of the dialogue in quotation marks? Break it down into sentences or phrases and try that, if you haven't already.

BlodwynPig

Already tried, this site is the only hit.

Cerys

Same here.  Are you sure you've got all the words right?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on October 24, 2012, 09:26:26 PM
Same here.  Are you sure you've got all the words right?

Aye, listen to that audio clip posted above. OK, its not all there, but pretty much. The last second of the track features the words "Now you'll see 'em", which ain't much help, but the voice sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z05xlVmAs7E

BlodwynPig

Just got this from Len Del Rio, co-creator of the track - so more than likely not a film...

QuoteI forgot, it was so long ago, but I remember it was something I recorded from the Sci-Fi channel in the early 90's.

Dark Sky

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 22, 2012, 12:36:47 PM
Thanks for the help. It seems strange that the dialogue doesn't pop up in google search - so I thought it might be a video nasty or something. Is Little Shop of Horrors a video nasty, doesn't Richard O'Brien star in that, or the other one from Rocky Horror. Edit: Tim Curry (thanks to the Curry thread for reminding me)

Just wanted to say that it's definitely not from either the original 1960's Roger Corman comedy Little Shop of Horrors, nor the stage musical, nor the Frank Oz 1986 film of the stage musical.  Tim Curry has no involvement in Little Shop.  Nor Richard O'Brien.  Thank goodness.

Listening to the dialogue, it's definitely some kind of torture scene, with someone begging at one point.  Could've been an ep of a TV series.