Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"We ain't Four Lions yet."

Started by Zetetic, October 25, 2012, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Mr Ali laughingly told his wife: "Oh, you think this is a flipping Four Lions. We're one man short, there's three of us. We ain't Four Lions yet."
Ms Kabal replied: "I'll be your fourth one."
Mr Ali said: "You can't be the fourth one."
Ms Kabal said: "Lioness."

BBC News: Estranged wife wanted to be 'fourth lion'

I suppose I don't have much to add, but I thought it was worth posting.
Interesting, and rather fitting in a way, that they do seem to have actually watched it.

Thomas

Quote"Blow up all the Muslims around Alum Rock up innit and Washwood Heath and Aston".

Icehaven

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20085867
At first I was actually surprised that they referenced it, maybe not that they'd watched it, but that it's clearly a point of reference. But is that?, no, no I don't know what to make of that at all. I'd say talk about missing the point but that seems kind of pointless in context. I have no idea. 

momatt

This is very odd.  Don't they realise that film is taking the piss out of idiots like them?

I bet Chris Morris loves this story anyway.

lazyhour

This story is completely in line with Chris Morris's research in the run-up to writing Four Lions, revealing most would-be terrorists to be inept numskulls. The recordings of these idiots included stuff like:

"You know what they said, the brothers in the magazine, they said, stick thingy on... At the front. Like you know, erm, a blade... Yeah weld it on and run into people."

They referred to this as "The Ultimate Mowing Machine".

Rubber dinghy rapids!

Caprilusa

Would now be an appropriate time to bring up the fact that someone bombed a marathon in Boston?

I mean it's tragic... but foreshadowed.

momatt

Trying to bomb an army base with a toy remote control car would probably have seemed too silly for the film.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22156243

Plus, look at their silly faces.

Thomas

To lighten the mood from terrorists for a second, here's a photo I found yesterday of Chris Morris and a fan. It's from 2010, I think.

In't that nice?

momatt

Awww, that is lovely.  But what about the remote controlled car bomb?!

It is just like something out of that film he did with the bombers doing all the funny stuff and that, yeah?