Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII due in 2015

Started by El Unicornio, mang, October 30, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Jemble Fred on February 07, 2013, 09:59:10 AM
That would be because it is actually impossible for any spin-off, sequel or other form of 'cultural vandalism' to actually harm an original, revered work of any kind.

Does this mean that what Lucas did to the original films doesn't constitute "cultural vandalism", or that the original films weren't revered works?

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 07, 2013, 12:51:54 AM
Has a film or tv series featuring a younger incarnation of a successful character (and played by a different actor) ever worked?

Young Frankenstein with Gene Wilder.

Jemble Fred

Well the original originals do still exist. If you can get hold of them, no harm done.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jemble Fred on February 07, 2013, 10:46:57 AM
Well the original originals do still exist. If you can get hold of them, no harm done.

Whether it's VHS, Laserdisc or Limited Edition DVD, they exist in a format that looks crummy on the size of screen people are used to now.  I'm not into Star Wars in the slightest, but I do appreciate the feeling that the original films were senselessly "overwritten" to make the versions that now exist.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Replies From View on February 07, 2013, 10:55:18 AM
they exist in a format that looks crummy on the size of screen people are used to now.

Fuck that shit. Cunts should get smaller tellies or better lives.

Replies From View

Alternatively they may just not have a VCR that works anymore.

kidsick5000

I want to get a purely wookiee movie. A film that follows Chewbacca, directed in a Mel Gibson style so it's purely alien language.

VegaLA

So this is official then?

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-harrison-ford-return-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii/

Mr. Ford is to reprise his role as Solo. This makes the possibility of both Hamill and Fisher reprising their roles that much more likely but no word on that as of yet.

Rolf Lundgren

Hamill could surely ask for a billion pounds to do it and they'd give it to him. Lucas can bluff that they would write him out but if Luke Skywalker isn't in it then what's the point.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on February 20, 2013, 09:22:42 PM... Lucas can bluff that they would write him out but if Luke Skywalker isn't in it then what's the point.

Lucas is in purely an advisory role - it doesn't matter what the fuck he thinks now.

Ginyard

Quote from: kidsick5000 on February 10, 2013, 04:13:23 PM
I want to get a purely wookiee movie. A film that follows Chewbacca, directed in a Mel Gibson style so it's purely alien language.

Raaarghpocalypto

Pube

Quote from: kidsick5000 on February 10, 2013, 04:13:23 PM

Parts of the Holiday Special are a bit like this. Scenes of Wookie banter with no subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo&t=2m55s

Quality stuff. I think there's even a bit of improv in there.

Ginyard

It seems like Lucas is still very much at the centre of things, which is only ok if that extends to choosing some wookiee fashionware and not being allowed within 100 miles of a script. Still, you've got to give him an A+ for resetting the structure of the company and insisting that its part of the deal. Its easy to forget that he does give a shit about Star Wars.