Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Music Licensing issues and stuff like that

Started by vrailaine, November 13, 2012, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: SquidlyDiddly on November 16, 2012, 12:54:25 PM
Interesting mention of Hendrix and Withnail. The estate's rule, one of them anyway, is that his music should not be used in anything that glorifies drug taking. Think Bruce Robinson was amused by this on Withnail commentary.

I'm guessing steroids don't count as drugs, as Hulk Hogan used Voodoo Child (Slight Return) as his theme music for years.

NoSleep

Quote from: SquidlyDiddly on November 16, 2012, 12:54:25 PM
Interesting mention of Hendrix and Withnail. The estate's rule, one of them anyway, is that his music should not be used in anything that glorifies drug taking. Think Bruce Robinson was amused by this on Withnail commentary.

The Hendrix estate was still in the hands of Alan Douglas at that time. Subsequently Hendrix's family, principally his father Al Hendrix and stepsister Janie, have been more stringent about matters of licensing. I'm sure the soon-to-be-released biopic of Hendrix was planned and executed without (successful) discussions with the family; hence the lack of his music.

rudi

I think it's a good thing. Everyone's so fixated on the music when it comes to him. Hopefully the film will concentrate more on him being in the army and his lifelong passion for carp fishing.