Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sui Generis RPG by Bare Mettle - Kickstarter drive

Started by Noodle Lizard, November 22, 2012, 03:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

... or threads in which I have no idea about the content.  I hate RPGs, really.  Never found them interesting.  But someone showed me this video of a work-in-progress game made by a seemingly tiny group called Bare Mettle Entertainment and ... visually, quite simply, it puts anything I've seen in a mainstream game to shame.  Further proof, if proof be need be, that it's always the small, independent folk who make the big breakthroughs - the same principle under which random internet geeks in Anonymous can take down the FBI website without them having any idea what to do about it.

Anyway, evidently this thing's in some kind of financial trouble, so they're appealing on Kickstarter for some cash money.  Fair enough, I think.  As far as I understand, it's just a very small group of developers and programmers (let's just say supergeeks) who really want to make the best RPG out there.  This is far from multi-millionaires like Amanda Palmer and Bret Easton-Ellis using their fans' money to get their inevitably tedious and lacklustre work done.

Give it a look.  Here's the video, links therein:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PvZchE30StQ

Viero_Berlotti

I don't know much about how games get made, but I'm starting to get baffled by some of these kickstarter things now. The engine looks fantastic, and if it's that good why not just sell it to a developer and get a game made that way?