Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Uniball

Started by WesterlyWinds, December 11, 2012, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesterlyWinds

Has anyone else ever played this game? It's been around for a long time (about 10 years I think) but the community is slowly dying. Some members of the community can be a bit cuntish, but there are some fairly friendly people on there and it's quite easy to play without really engaging with anyone.

I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but it is essentially online space hockey. It's largely a team game (although there's plenty of opportunities for individual showboating if that's what you like) in which you click to shoot the ball and nudge others to tackle them. To prevent yourself from losing the ball you can shoot it off of walls ('bouncing'). The level of depth to this seemingly simple game is fantastic, even if the learning curve is fairly steep. It's hard to do it justice by just typing about it. However, it's free, takes up about 50mb of space and has a very simple in-game sign-up process in which you type a name and password and the account gets created. Some people have been playing it for a ridiculous amount of time and so are ridiculously good, but there's a few on there who are fairly shit (as we all are when we first start something new).

I'm expecting this thread/game to garner close to 0 interest, but if anyone fancies a game/introduction to the game then I've recently become re-addicted to it after stopping for a good few years.