Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins charged with being an paedo

Started by Kane Jones, December 19, 2012, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Jones

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/19/lostprophets-singer-ian-watkins-charged

He doesn't look like one, granted - but if 'Ian Watkins' isn't a kiddly diddler's name, then I don't know what is.

I suppose at the very least, we should be grateful that they won't be making any more records.

Gavin M

Clearly you've not met H from Steps, otherwise you wouldn't be saying such rubbish.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Kane Jones on December 19, 2012, 09:50:30 AM

if 'Ian Watkins' isn't a kiddly diddler's name, then I don't know what is.

It is, isn't it? "Ian" and "Watkins" are fine individually, but put them together and it's diddling time.

Kane Jones

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 19, 2012, 09:57:13 AM
It is, isn't it? "Ian" and "Watkins" are fine individually, but put them together and it's diddling time.

Yep, I can picture this 'Ian Watkins': all ugly, shifty and inadequate, greasy black hair, glasses, anorak, binoculars round his neck, lives with his Mum, etc.  Your textbook Daily Mail paedo.  This Lostprophets chap looks like most of the blokes I see wandering around in Reading Festival footage. They can't all be nonces, surely?

Regarding Ian 'H' Watkins, 'H' stands for 'Hard-On For The Young 'uns'.

Neville Chamberlain

My wife, who's German, is beginning to think that every single British male is a paedo-nonce.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on December 19, 2012, 10:10:08 AM
My wife, who's German, is beginning to think that every single British male is a paedo-nonce.

Commiserations. Get a good lawyer.

monkfromhavana

Apparently someone else has been arrested in the Savile retro-diddling case too.

I really hope my name doesn't sound like a nonces.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on December 19, 2012, 10:10:08 AM

Well I think that every German eats smelly sausages and likes men called Otto to poo on their heads, so ner ner ner.

Jemble Fred

Kane Jones

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Jemble Fred on December 19, 2012, 10:15:50 AM
Who the what now?

I have heard the band name, but I have no clue what their songs are. Are there any clues in the lyrics that might hint towards his perversion?

Kane Jones

He wrote a song called 'For He's A Jolly Good Felon'. Autobiographical?

Kane Jones

Also, Five Is A Four Letter Word.  Five could refer to someone's age and the four letter word could be 'sexy'.

grassbath

"We Are Godzilla, You Are Japan." Multiple fetishes at work here (at least three).

DrunkCountry

Kane Jones

Quote from: DrunkCountry on December 19, 2012, 12:29:23 PM
So that'll be the singer Ian & the keyboardist Jamie Oliver[nb]he's a 'painter': http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/showbiz/2012/06/25/lostprophets-jamie-oliver-on-his-thrill-at-being-shortlisted-for-the-welsh-artist-of-the-year-award-91466-31251289/[/nb] now infamous for their touching up skills away from the band.

Well at least Jamie Oliver has a potential career as a TV chef mediocre artist should all this Ian Watkins-related gubbins destroy the band (which it inevitably will).

Jemble Fred

All my insanely young Facebook friends are upset, as this was the band 'they liked when they were little'. No wonder most people have reacted to this news with a shrug.

Kane Jones

Jemble Fred

Well, 10 years younger than me qualifies as 'insanely young' in my book. That still means they're several years over the legal jailbait marker.

Oh yeah, and I've not shagged any of them.

DrunkCountry

Quote from: Kane Jones on December 19, 2012, 12:35:22 PM
Well at least Jamie Oliver has a potential career as a TV chef mediocre artist should all this Ian Watkins-related gubbins destroy the band (which it inevitably will).

Well, it killed The Automatic[nb]not that they were threatening any form of long lasting legacy[/nb] & it wasn't even a member who was convicted, it was their manager. Can't imagine Lp will exist beyond this if he is proven guilty.

SteveDave

Quote from: DrunkCountry on December 19, 2012, 12:48:23 PM
Well, it killed The Automatic[nb]not that they were threatening any form of long lasting legacy[/nb] & it wasn't even a member who was convicted, it was their manager. Can't imagine Lp will exist beyond this if he is proven guilty.

I think getting rid of the shouting fun/annoying one & trying to be a serious band was the end of The Automatic. Having a pedlo Ron Jeremy looking manager didn't help either though.

DrunkCountry

re: Ian Watkins, an hour or so into the news hitting the net & I've already seen lots of diehard Lp fans bemoaning this as a 'witch hunt too far' resulting from the current climate of retro-paranoia arrests, which kinda translates into "if it wasn't for that pesky Saville this kid would have gotten away with it...".

Neville Chamberlain

It's all right - he was the least talented in the band anyway!

Kane Jones

monkfromhavana

Jerzy Bondov

They had a good drummer for a bit but he went off to go and be in the Nine Inch Nails. I thought Lostprophets' first album was fun, then after that they decided that they were American even though they're from Pontypridd and starting sounding more and more like Hoobastank or something. Gave them the benefit of the doubt for the second album but the third was absolutely risible (had that dreadful Rooftops song on it) and I totally lost interest. And now it turns out the main guy out of it is a nu-metal version of Savile, which is almost as upsetting as that dire third album.

Beagle 2

My housemate at uni was a big fan. I spent a night sat in an adjacent bar to the venue once waiting them to finish their set, so awful were they and so misjudged my attendance. Just texted him to find out if he's planning to burn their albums. Not because the singer's a paedo, just because they're fucking shit.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Beagle 2 on December 19, 2012, 01:09:53 PM
Just texted him to find out if he's planning to burn their albums.

I'm going to put my foot through their albums, and send Watkins the bill!

Head Gardener

that bloke from Lost Prophets used to go out with an older lady from R1