Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Online Storage - which should we use?

Started by sirhenry, December 20, 2012, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

I'm going to set up the CaB radio archive again.[nb]This time last year we bought 2 years on Megaupload - just before they were taken hostage and locked in a dungeon indefinitely.[/nb] But with all these new cloud services, I'm not sure which would be the best to go for.

We'll need about 70Gb of space and a bandwidth that will allow us to upload that all at the start. It needs to be accessible to people who aren't members of whichever one we choose. I have no idea how popular it will be, so don't know what the monthly download max will be, but hopefully not more than 5Gb. Due to the nature of some of the shows, I'd rather not have rigorous oversight (if any hosts even do that).

So does anyone have any experience of this volume of storage or have done any research into it?

I'm sort of tempted to wait for the return of Mega on January 19th, but a) I'd rather do it before then and b) once bitten, twice shy.