Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Little & Large Xmas special 1980. Extraordinary.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 22, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Quote from: Glebe on December 09, 2017, 12:17:09 PM
Was hoping it'd be an L&L reunion, but still, good news!

Anyone watching Ant & Dec's Saturday Takeaway tonight will have been gladdened to see L&L are back, back, BACK!

https://youtu.be/ZqgSul1pBDw?t=3m7s

Glebe

Quote from: studpuppet on March 17, 2018, 10:53:15 PM
Anyone watching Ant & Dec's Saturday Takeaway tonight will have been gladdened to see L&L are back, back, BACK!

https://youtu.be/ZqgSul1pBDw?t=3m7s

YESSSSSSSS!!! Finally! They're back! They're really back! I don't believe it!

Brundle-Fly

There was an open goal gag missed there.

At one point Ant says, "Stand back!"

Eddie could have chipped in, "...in amazement!"

I'm wasted here.

JoeyBananaduck

That was surprisingly decent. Especially liked the line about Syd's one-man show in Fleetwood. And the possibly not accidental implication that the BBC would hire L&L as a rival to Ant & Dec, much in the same way they were indeed hired as a replacement for Morecambe & Wise when they defected to Thames.

As Glebe already said, it's amazing to see them side by side again finally! Must be the first time since the very brief appearance on TV Burp about 15 years ago.

Eddie looked much more well than he has in a long time and Syd seemed to have made a conscious attempt to style his hair in the old way. Made me quite nostalgic in a weird way!

Replies From View

I like to think that this very thread was somehow entirely responsible for their return.

Alberon

To be honest if this thread had been the impetus then halfway through the skit Eddie would have suddenly turned on Syd clouting him to the ground and then sitting on his head farting heavily whilst doing Deputy Dawg impersonations and shouting "Try interrupting me with that fookin guitar now, ya bastard!"

Glebe

Surely we deserve some credit for getting them back on telly? At this rate, we'll see a return of Noel's House Party in no time!

studpuppet

This thread won't be allowed to take credit until I see Eddie doing 'Stars Starting Their Cars' at a Royal Variety Performance with updated celebs because he can't do Rolf and Savile any more.

petril

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on March 18, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
That was surprisingly decent. Especially liked the line about Syd's one-man show in Fleetwood. And the possibly not accidental implication that the BBC would hire L&L as a rival to Ant & Dec, much in the same way they were indeed hired as a replacement for Morecambe & Wise when they defected to Thames.

surely if ITV have bagsied L&L, the BBC's only possible move is Cannon & Ball. I mean they've already got Bobby on board

The Bumlord

Syd did that mirror 'business' pretty well tbf. He's learning!

JoeyBananaduck

Ironic that that may indeed have been the last Saturday Night Takeaway. I don't think Syd & Eddie should shoulder full blame, however.

Fucked Del

Gulftastic

New find!

From a book celebrating 50 years of The Dandy & The Beano, the boys make a brief appearance. They only get half a page, unlike Jimmy Savile.

Sorry about the ropey quality. My phone ain't all that.

Bobtoo

I think I might have that book in the attic.

Replies From View

Quote from: Bobtoo on April 26, 2018, 08:09:47 PM
I think I might have that book in the attic.

I have it too, as well as the others in the range that followed over the next few years.  I loved them.  I was thinking of them a week or so ago, actually, in particular the pages with people like Rolf Harris and Paul Daniels declaring their permanent love for the Beano and Dandy.

Chriddof

After reading what Syd says there, I've just got the idea of some "motion comic" version of The Beano and The Dandy with the two of them doing the voices. Get onto it, DC Thompson!

studpuppet

Glebe

Quote from: studpuppet on June 18, 2018, 11:26:57 AMAll roads return to this thread - saw this tweet with L&L parodying Fame:

https://twitter.com/agnes_guano/status/1008641185274048513

There was a clip of L&L on It Was Alright in the 1980s the other night!

Chriddof

Sit yourself down - here's the first episode from the final series of Little & Large's BBC show in 1991:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZmvzV5EV8

The first sketch alone is... something.

Norton Canes

Shame they couldn't have gone on for a few more years. I'd love to have seen them have a go at The Prodigy, or Oasis.

Sgt. Duckie

L & L opening ditty vs. Freddie Starr and his YMCA troop? Starr still winning on the shite-o-meter for me Clive.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Chriddof on June 26, 2018, 06:02:32 AM

It was funny though but overstays its welcome by about three minutes. Every comedy song should finish with a wonky eyed pensioner defecating into their tracky bottoms.

Glebe

Nice one Chridders... I've only watched a little bit, but I can't wait to settle down and enjoy the full quality entertainment package later! Kenny Baker!

non capisco

I believe this may have been briefly touched upon earlier in the thread but Little & Large really were mind bogglingly appalling, weren't they?

Hecate

Quote from: Chriddof on June 26, 2018, 06:02:32 AMThe first sketch alone is... something.

The confidence to make that the opener, and to stick with the full 5 minutes in the final edit is laudable.
Who knows, maybe they cut it down from 10.

Replace Eddie with Peter Kay's Car Share and you could still get away with that on comic relief nowadays I reckon. Dwarf, old bloke, lanky bloke, maybe add judge Rinder in a leather shirt on the end to bring it up to date.

Davro took a sideways glance at The New Kids around the same time. It's high art by comparison - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCOWAUYTjpc&t=9m34s

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Chriddof on June 26, 2018, 06:02:32 AM
Sit yourself down - here's the first episode from the final series of Little & Large's BBC show in 1991:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZmvzV5EV8

eddie mentions status quo in the lyric, then immediately afterwards the guy on his right says something in his ear, while they're still performing...

kalowski

Little and Large's Grease megamix appears later in the show. It seems Eddie had some star power, as I assume he turned up to writing telling everyone he was doing his Rab C Nesbett whether they liked it or not.