Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New All New Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Subtle Mocking, December 29, 2012, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

I won't embed the image, because it's a bit spoilery but Here is what appears to be Daniel Bryan's new "family" look from a recent house show.

I don't know what I want from this anymore.  I'm hoping that it's all straightened out soon, but if I'm honest the damage may have already been done before the Wyatts even got involved...

hummingofevil

Quote from: mycroft on January 05, 2014, 11:43:55 AM
Tried to watch Smackdown today, don't think I got through a single match without skipping bits. I just can't get enthusiastic about any show that isn't NXT these days: my love for Punk has mostly vanished due to boring feuds and his general being a twat in real life, and I can't even get excited by Bryan when a few months ago I'd be so hyped by everything he did. And Henry will probably get himself injured again before the Lesnar thing comes to fruition, poor bugger.

I'm blaming all of this on Steph. And fucking Orton.

I will give it until Wrestlemania to see what happens but unless we get a Bryan face Wrestlemania moment then I'm done. I never like that part-timers coming back anyway as it undermines the roster that work hard all year but if they have to they should be used to put over the full timers like Bryan, Punk, Wyatt etc.

The Bryan storyline should be amazing as they slowly build him to his Championship win (might still happen) but they fucked it up so much I'm losing interest fast.

Shame.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Spiteface on January 05, 2014, 12:18:43 PM
I won't embed the image, because it's a bit spoilery but Here is what appears to be Daniel Bryan's new "family" look from a recent house show.

I don't know what I want from this anymore.  I'm hoping that it's all straightened out soon, but if I'm honest the damage may have already been done before the Wyatts even got involved...

What the way out? Bryan to turn heel temporarily having been 'brainwashed'. Manages to win Royal Rumble against the odds after snapping out of it then onwards to Wrestlemania...

Obel

Seems like a way too quick turnaround to me, but I've not been watching recently. I imagine I'll watch Wrestlemania live as it's become an annual tradition with my lads in Southend, but I doubt I'll catch up with the show between now and then. Judging by the comments in this thread it sounds like a disaster at the moment.

Then again I'd like to watch the rumble. Be nice if Jake the Snake pops up, if only briefly.

Pepotamo1985

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbAQxhJThY

OSW Review Slamboree 2000 (featuring WCW champ David Arquette). Great stuff.

vrailaine

He's not winning the Rumble, no way he's anywhere near their title plans for the next while, I'd imagine.

vs Bray at mania seems most likely, possibly even vs Kane.

Danielson/Hogan vs the Wyatts is the highest profile thing I can see him getting

Unoriginal

I know it's a strange thing to say, but I think tonight's Raw might be alright.

Spiteface

Hopefully it's a fun nostalgia fest. And they get the ghost of Lord Alfred Hayes to do voiceovers again.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 06, 2014, 08:45:54 PM
I know it's a strange thing to say, but I think tonight's Raw might be alright.

This is extremely morbid, but I really hope Mae Young lives through it. Would put a massive dampener on it otherwise, given that her condition has deteriorated over the last 24 hours.

mycroft

Will they have anyone other than the usual lot on - Duggan, Slaughter, DiBiase, Foley, Jimmy Hart? They did mix it up a bit one year and get Mr. Excitement Tito Santana out. Where's Rick Martel? And where's Rick Martel's Hall of Fame spot?

Spiteface

Quote from: mycroft on January 06, 2014, 08:50:51 PM
Will they have anyone other than the usual lot on - Duggan, Slaughter, DiBiase, Foley, Jimmy Hart? They did mix it up a bit one year and get Mr. Excitement Tito Santana out. Where's Rick Martel? And where's Rick Martel's Hall of Fame spot?

Here's the press release:

QuoteWWE Legends and Hall of Famers reunite for "Old School" Monday Night Raw, tonight at 8/7C on USA Network. Returning WWE alumni include "The Million Dollar Man™" Ted DiBiase®, Bob Backlund™, Rowdy Piper™, Ric Flair®, The New Age Outlaws™, IRS™, Ron Simmons™, Scotty 2 Hotty™ and Diamond Dallas Page™.

Historic WWE theme music, graphics, entrance ramp, ring posts and colors will be part of the same exciting Monday Night Raw that's been a staple on television for more than 20 years.

Monday Night Raw is the longest-running, weekly episodic program in U.S. primetime TV history and is the most-watched, regularly scheduled, year-round program on cable, airing live every Monday night, 52 weeks a year. Each week, Monday Night Raw is rated as one of the most socially active shows on cable television.

So no BIG surprises, although some people like to put out rumours of Hulk Hogan and Jeff Jarrett showing up...

rjd2

Supposedly Grandmaster Sexsay may appear as well along with Scotty for a 2cool reunion. Not going to lie, Id mark for that.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: rjd2 on January 06, 2014, 08:59:55 PM
Supposedly Grandmaster Sexsay may appear as well along with Scotty for a 2cool reunion. Not going to lie, Id mark for that.

I would hope Sexay gets a better reaction than last time he returned...

vrailaine

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on January 06, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
I would hope Sexay gets a better reaction than last time he returned...
Was that whole thing not played up somewhat to make him look like a total loser? I know he done himself no favours by getting tired about 5 seconds into his dance, but he was definitely heeling it up with Cole.

Think he was one of the first wrestlers that I got really confused about how he suddenly disappeared with no mention of an injury angle or anything, not even from his partner

Unoriginal

Some of the late 90s funniest commentary came from Lawler's refusal to admit that Brian Christopher was his son and Ross' constant allusions to the fact. He was actually a decent worker, but suffered from the usual pro wrestler afflictions.

Don_Preston

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on January 06, 2014, 07:16:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbAQxhJThY

OSW Review Slamboree 2000 (featuring WCW champ David Arquette). Great stuff.

Look out for Jim Bowen in a wig/Worzel Gummidge road manager in your local PPV.

Subtle Mocking

In other news, tickets are one sale soon for An Evening with...Shawn Michaels! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-shawn-michaels-tickets-10048957703?aff=eorg

I'd get a ticket but I'd only spend the evening calling him a cunt.

Unoriginal

Jim Cornette is doing a speaking tour across the UK soon. He talks a lot of shit and has some outdated views but he can be funny and his rants are always worth listening to even if you don't agree with him. He's actually doing a show in Cardiff so I am half tempted if it's cheap enough.

Subtle Mocking

Yeah, Cornette could be fun if you're into wrestling rants. I think Bret Hart is doing a tour too. That sounds even worse than an HBK tour.

Spiteface

Between that and Mae Young, backstage at Raw must be a weird place to be tonight.

I've yet to see this news anywhere else, but I hope he's okay...

Unoriginal

Stories coming out that he's fine and may even still take his seat at commentary later on.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Spiteface on January 06, 2014, 10:53:48 PM
Between that and Mae Young, backstage at Raw must be a weird place to be tonight.

Wrestlezone are reporting that Young and Brock Lesnar got into a backstage fight. Not sure how true that could be.

vrailaine

I wish Lawler would retire, I don't like how my mind immediately starts feeling guilty for being aware of how him being gone could be a positive to the product every time he has health issues.

Ja'moke

Rumours that Jarret is starting a new promotion with country singer Toby Keith (the celeb that was rumoured to be interested in buying TNA), with possible JR involvement.

Unoriginal

Looks like Lesnar/Show is going ahead then *sigh*

Cool to see Jake Roberts return. I genuinely didn't expect that.

boki

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 07, 2014, 12:07:37 AM
Rumours that Jarret is starting a new promotion with country singer Toby Keith (the celeb that was rumoured to be interested in buying TNA), with possible JR involvement.
The likely demographic for such a meeting of minds makes me a little queasy.

Moribunderast

JR posted a pretty annoyed blog responding to those rumours, basically saying him and Toby Keith are friends but they've never discussed such a thing. Also says he hasn't spoken to Jarrett since the day Double J left the WWE, which he noted was a horrible day at work. I'd be keen on JR getting a chance to build another roster (not sure if he's a good booker or not) but I think WWE have successfully monopolised the business. There's a reason everybody there wrestles the same style and nobody (except maybe Cena) is pushed as a transcendent star: They want the company itself to be the draw and the wrestlers merely players in Vince's grand carnival. And, really, they've been successful. CM Punk or Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton could jump to TNA and it'd barely be a blip on the radar in terms of ratings. The WWE have successfully trained their fans that there's only one game in town and if you're not there, you're not worth watching.

Didn't watch Raw but nice to hear Jake returned and looked well. I'm sure he's done his share of horrid things over his lifetime but it's hard not to hope for him when you know his life story. If he managed to stay clean, DDP deserves a statue built.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 07, 2014, 11:33:18 AM
Looks like Lesnar/Show is going ahead then *sigh*

Show throwing Lesnar across the ring like he's much more powerful was ridiculous, but the crowd bought it I guess.

Went apeshit when
Spoiler alert
Jake Roberts
[close]
came out.

Spiteface

It was great seeing
Spoiler alert
Jake looking so well, I hope that wasn't it though. A surprise Rumble appearance or a promo on Raw maybe. HOF?
[close]

Also,
Spoiler alert
Dean Ambrose trying not to mark out when Jake put Damien on him was wonderful.
[close]