Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New All New Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Subtle Mocking, December 29, 2012, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

I think Cesaro might have finally got the crowd on board with the fact that he's actually pretty good.

BOOM!  Rumble winner please.

spanky

I'm glad he got to lift Khali in front of a larger audience (I have no idea how many people watch that other show)

Plus, shout out for Tyson Kidd! Maybe WWE will sign him. Wait, what?

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: spanky on January 08, 2013, 07:57:32 PM

"Hey Drew McIntyre, how ya doin'?"

vrailaine

Rock kinda dug a hole for himself with the Disney contact, the return to the WWE was kinda important to boost him above second rate action films by means of reestablishing his core audience of young males.

Fast five outperformed everyone's expectations by a significant margin, the fact it was a pretty entertaining action film certainly played a big part, but I've little doubt that how closely it coincided with the sudden revitalisation he received from returning, and announcing the match, contributed in a pretty major way. people fucking loved him again all of sudden. He was viewed as being the star of fast five way more than he actually was in the film, another benefit of promoting the films through the wrestling thing, he's promoting himself in the film more than the film itself.
Gives him something more interesting to talk about in interviews than his fitness regime.

Typing on my phone, giving up, he's getting heaps from it though, imo.

Now, I'm looking forward to the rumble, I think the two of them could be heaps better than cena/rock in primo stuff and the match itself. Can't see what he might do at mania that's got anywhere near as much potential though. No interest in a rematch, they've ruined Brock, taker would be weird ...and ultimately it's the rematch so yeah, no interest.

up_the_hampipe

Ryder is apparently 5th most followed current WWE superstar on Twitter, despite The Miz being listed as the 5th on the "Did You Know?" bit during Raw. Ryder wasn't on the list which set him off about being ignored etc. Probably a mistake, but if not, I don't blame WWE for favouring Miz over Ryder.

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Did I mention that I have more followers than @mikethemiz? :)

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Hey @TheShieldWWE...let me in!

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Hey @WWE...#RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz is trending worldwide. :) Sorry @mikethemiz.

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
15 Minute Q & A starts...now! Use hashtag #RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Hey @WWE. Whose decision was it to leave me off the "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list? You can just DM me the answer. I won't tell.

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
The world follows me on twitter too. @WWE just doesn't want you to know. I have 100k followers more than @mikethemiz.

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Can @WWE read? I have 989k twitter followers. @mikethemiz has 879k. #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO #HMMM

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
So on #RAW it just showed the most followed superstars in @WWE and they just skipped me? #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO

Subtle Mocking

Ryder's been moaning non-fucking-stop recently. Yet, that's all he seems like. An eternal moaner. The kind who won't get off his arse and do anything about it.

To be fair last time he got off his ass and did something, he ended up as canon fodder for Kane.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on January 08, 2013, 09:19:53 PM
Ryder's been moaning non-fucking-stop recently. Yet, that's all he seems like. An eternal moaner. The kind who won't get off his arse and do anything about it.

Basically echoing what delete delete delete said, but in 2010 Ryder was stuck in a dead end gimmick doing absolutely nothing, then started doing his YouTube shows and gained a massive grassroots following, got a limited push in 2011, then spent 2012 getting jobbed out, was made to look like a joke, and was then removed entirely from television. The fact that there are still loud "We Want Ryder" chants at live events despite the fact he hasn't been on RAW since...September (?!?!??!) is a testament to the fact that he had/has something, and also a testament to the fact he put his head above the parapet and got shot. If I went from being a top merch seller holding a mid-weight title to jobbing on WWE Superstars, and heard fans screaming my name despite being told to stay at home and do fuck all, I'd feel like complaining a bit too.

Ja'moke

Wait, can someone explain how they "ruined" Brock? Last time we saw him he beat Triple H fairly significantly, sent Hunter in to "retirement", and then walked away having accomplished his goal. He left pretty strong in my eyes. But no doubt they'll ruin him at Mania when Triple H buries him.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on January 08, 2013, 11:36:54 PM
Basically echoing what delete delete delete said, but in 2010 Ryder was stuck in a dead end gimmick doing absolutely nothing, then started doing his YouTube shows and gained a massive grassroots following, got a limited push in 2011, then spent 2012 getting jobbed out, was made to look like a joke, and was then removed entirely from television. The fact that there are still loud "We Want Ryder" chants at live events despite the fact he hasn't been on RAW since...September (?!?!??!) is a testament to the fact that he had/has something, and also a testament to the fact he put his head above the parapet and got shot.

It's great that he managed that, but ultimately being negative on Twitter just isn't going to achieve anything. Matt Hardy did that sort of crap and it got him nowhere either. He needs an entire revamp. Not only has his gimmick worn thin, but it's not the sort of gimmick that'll get you major titles and weekly Raw appearances in the first place. That's something he needs to work out with creative rather than whining on the internet, because that complaining could come back to haunt him if WWE need to make some room.

I still feel that he just stopped 'trying' at some point in 2012. Basically, people wanted Ryder and eventually they got him... but then it turned out that he wasn't all that great, so people just lost interest.

vrailaine

The hunter feud was just terrible. Didn't sell the broken arm angle at all and the lawsuit bollocks followed up by an incredibly boring match.

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on January 08, 2013, 11:49:16 PM
I still feel that he just stopped 'trying' at some point in 2012. Basically, people wanted Ryder and eventually they got him... but then it turned out that he wasn't all that great, so people just lost interest.
From what I recall, there was a super short patch where they were pushing him, like, yeah. The night after TLC with him, Punk and Danielson in the ring, Danielson was being treated by both the audience and the production as the guy who shouldn't be there. For a while before that, they were using him in high profile spots because of his audience reaction, but hadn't much of a clue what to do with him, mostly "John Cena's good friend with a hot future ahead". There was about 2 months of his as an upper midcarder up until Kane returned, but it was pretty aimless.
I was never sure what exactly they could do with him, his popularity seemed like a bandwagon thing.

Oh, I think last night was the first regular 3 hour raw I watched all of. It's not that hard to sit through, like, I generally wouldn't dedicate my whole attention to Raw anyways.

Subtle Mocking

Well fuck me, [SMACKDOWN SPOILER]
Spoiler alert
Del Rio won the WHC last night.
[close]

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on January 08, 2013, 11:49:16 PM
Basically, people wanted Ryder and eventually they got him... but then it turned out that he wasn't all that great, so people just lost interest.

Partially agree - he's cack in the ring, yeah. Probably lost a few 'fans' who were only in it for the bandwagon kick but people are still very much into him.

Sandow

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on January 09, 2013, 10:27:52 AM
Well fuck me, [SMACKDOWN SPOILER]
Spoiler alert
Del Rio won the WHC last night.
[close]

And they've gone and announced it on the official website too.

Does this mean
Spoiler alert
a Ziggler / Del Rio feud or cash-in? I'm itching for Ziggler to get the belt, but it would also be kind of shitty to yoink the belt back off Del Rio too soon
[close]

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Precinct on January 09, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
And they've gone and announced it on the official website too.

Does this mean
Spoiler alert
a Ziggler / Del Rio feud or cash-in? I'm itching for Ziggler to get the belt, but it would also be kind of shitty to yoink the belt back off Del Rio too soon
[close]

Spoiler alert
It's a feud we've never seen and could potentially make for some good matches. They'll probably have the official rematch at Wrestlemania though.
[close]

Don_Preston

I hope The Rock plans on donating some of his earnings to the Nation of Domination.

Spiteface

Re: The Smackdown spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Is Show hurt or something? Seems a bit out of the blue to pull a title change like this on a pre-taped TV show...
[close]

And "Superstar" Billy Graham forgets wrestling is a work and CM Punk was BEING A HEEL:

Quote"IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR CM PUNK

I watch the last hour of WWE Raw last night. It was the worst excuse for a show I have ever seen! My agent Scott is tight with legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino. Scott has told me that WWE has been calling Brunno regularly begging him to go into the Hall of Fame. Bruno has been polite but has always said no thank you.

Tonight on RAW for the last 45 minutes of the show all they did was have CM PUNK talk, talk and more talk! The killer line came when Vince had Punk putting over his 314 straight days as world champ and then said and I quote, " you had people like Burno Sammartino , only wrestled in Madison Square Garden only wrestled one a month."

This was by far the biggest put down of Bruno ever. Why would WWE have Punk say that about someone they have been begging to go into the Hall of Fame for untold years? When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Koloff , Stan Hanson etc. Find the re run and listen closely and answer me this my Facebook friends – How can they justify putting down a real icon like this, and not get called out on it?

Any news sites can quote me on my statement below:

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. It's an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

Superstar Billy Graham"

rjd2

Quote from: Spiteface on January 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
Re: The Smackdown spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Is Show hurt or something? Seems a bit out of the blue to pull a title change like this on a pre-taped TV show...
[close]

:

Spoiler alert
Show got to be hurt, or it makes even less sense than now! Del Rio is only starting his turn, he is still really lukewarm. Some have speculated Del Rio will probably be cashed in on by Dolph as the concern was when he was trying to do it on Show, the crowd were popping and its not the reaction they wanted. Again however its not really going to get anymore heat cashing in on Del Rio. Although if its just to pop a rating and Show is fine, then its a pretty senseless move,Show was doing well as champ and i had warmed to the idea of Ryback ending his reign at Mania.
[close]

rjd2

QuoteWWE SIGNS TOP INDEPENDENT NAME AND MORE ON THE WAY
by Mike Johnson @ 1:48 PM on 1/9/2013

WWE has signed El Generico to a deal, PWInsider.com confirmed this morning. As we noted several months back, the company has had interest in him and it's been Generico's goal since not signing with Ring of Honor to get into the company.
One of the reasons WWE was so interested in Generico was that he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling was that would in handy as an asset for international markets.

Generico was removed from this weekend's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in California and it appears may already be done on the independent scene. He returned to Ring of Honor at Final Battle 2012 in what may prove to be his last-ever match with longtime partner/rival Kevin Steen.

Generico's signing is said to be part of a bigger WWE plan as the company has a number of names on their radar that they want to lock in for deals. I am told it's a Triple H move and that there will be a lot more signings to come, as long as those the company are interested in can pass the necessary medical exams.

Been linked for years, but finally going to happen, some serious talent hovering about in development now. I would be concerned if I was a WWE undercard fella as not only is their more supposedly on their way, Linda's campaign is over, expect to see quite a few to be let go, in the next few months.

vrailaine

there's a slim possibility it'll work out brilliantly, but I can't imagine they're gonna do much with him. Reckon they're gonna drop the gimmick?

rjd2

I thought Bryan would be little more than a jobber when initially signed and I got that wrong! Trips is responsible for this signing, so I think for that reason alone they will get behind him and besides they have more than enough deadwood floating about, so will at least try with him. Not sure what their plans will be though, I do think he could actually get over with kids in his current guise though.

vrailaine

I think he could get over easily enough with his current gimmick. Big potential, really, I just don't think they'll use it.
Danielson got over by being brilliant at just about everything they threw at him, Generico will have a much more limited range of opportunities.

There's bound to be a clearout after mania this year. My guesses for people to go would be:
...actually, there's a fucking ton of names I haven't seen in ages, a fair few are injured but a lot of the injured ones are people you'd assume have ran out of chances anyway (Ezekial Jackson, Evan Bourne).

Last year turned out to be a pretty promising year overall though:
Danielson got proper over,
Sandow, Cesaro and the Shield all look like they've bags of potential,
Still dont think Ryback has any staying power, but they could get some mileage out of him yet,
Randy Orton has gotten completely apathetic about being a babyface, he's a much better heel and it seems inevitable he'll be one again soonish
Dolph hasn't been completely destroyed, yet, anyways
other things I've forgotten!

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: vrailaine on January 09, 2013, 09:16:26 PM
There's bound to be a clearout after mania this year. My guesses for people to go would be:
...actually, there's a fucking ton of names I haven't seen in ages, a fair few are injured but a lot of the injured ones are people you'd assume have ran out of chances anyway (Ezekial Jackson, Evan Bourne).

Jackson is as good as gone, but I'd hope they'd give Evan Bourne another chance. I kinda get the feeling that, with all the recent complaining, Zack Ryder might be granted his release. JTG is also apparently unhappy in the WWE.

vrailaine

I thought they resolved the JTG stuff? Like, he was complaining that the company pretty much forced them all to bring their families along to mania at personal expense under the allusion that they'd be getting a big payoff from it like previous years. When the payouts came out, a lot of the lower and mid card actually lost money from the whole thing. Pretty sure the company actually gave them all a greater payoff after he complained and weren't that pissed about it or anything.

...although, he should have been long gone.

spanky

I still regard Cryme Tyme as a missed opportunity. Why turn Shad and have him turn up in a suit?

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: spanky on January 10, 2013, 09:13:16 AM
I still regard Cryme Tyme as a missed opportunity. Why turn Shad and have him turn up in a suit?

That's what every heel was doing then (thanks for that one, Chris Jericho), but it's still really bizarre that they picked the less talented member for the big heel turn. I think they were a bit optimistic with it, as if having him be SUPER SRS would help iron out the creases with his work, but ultimately...he just sucked.

rjd2

Shad was much bigger so it was not a total surprise they went with him. Sadly the guy really even when tag teaming was always a poor worker so as a solo performer he was destined to fail. JTG is not exactly a ring general either really so I couldn't blame the E for wanting to get rid.

rjd2

Quote from: spanky on January 08, 2013, 07:57:32 PM

Out for ten months sadly.

up_the_hampipe

Who do we reckon Lesnar will be put with for Mania? Personally I want it to be someone we haven't seen him against before, not The Undertaker again and definitely not Triple H again.

Spiteface