Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Men (The Adverts Thread)

Started by Subtle Mocking, December 29, 2012, 03:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: mothman on March 26, 2018, 05:51:14 PM
Maybe the death threats, combined with the lack of immediate explosive success they might have expected from fronting a nationwide ad campaign, have made them decide they're happier just doing... well, whatever it was they were doing before.

My guess is that, shortly before landing the Nationwide gig, they were sucking off some advertising executives.

gilbertharding

yesitsme

Nah, I think they're the family or friends from Oxbridge of some advertising arse who finds their hysterical sideways look at life a-may-zing.

What were those four women called?  Four women and a piano?

Shite.

Well they are worse than them.

Fambo Number Mive

Should we start a new thread as this one is nearly 101 pages?

DrGreggles

Yep. And it should be called 'CaBvert (AKA: 'Die Nationwide Bitches, DIE!'), just so it makes no sense in a couple of years time when the thread's still going.

mothman

But we'll be at war with Europe by then, because Brexit, and that means Germany. If the Tory thought police come looking for Brexit saboteurs and elements of creeping Remainism, they'll wonder why we're all posting in a thread called "The Nationwide Bitches, THE!" in German...

Icehaven

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 27, 2018, 06:32:52 PM
Yep. And it should be called 'CaBvert (AKA: 'Die Nationwide Bitches, DIE!'), just so it makes no sense in a couple of years time when the thread's still going.

I just thought ''Nah, surely we have a new ad thread more or less every year, like Obvious Things...etc.,'' so I checked and I'm wrong, this ones been going since 2013! Lotto shit ads.

Bronzy

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 27, 2018, 09:05:19 AM
My guess is that, shortly before landing the Nationwide gig, they were sucking off some advertising executives.

Nationwide: Fucking your mouth with our big veiny cock since 1846

gilbertharding

I know it's all a bit of fun, but can we stop with the 'they must be doing oral favours' crap please? It's a bit shit.

Bronzy

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 28, 2018, 06:38:20 PM
I know it's all a bit of fun, but can we stop with the 'they must be doing oral favours' crap please? It's a bit shit.

Agree completely.

They're probably doing anal favours instead

mothman

I'm always interested in these generic anonymous cities you see in adverts. Like the one for the current Deliveroo advert. Where are these things filmed?

Sebastian Cobb

Flo and Joan can't be their real names, as if anyone's been given those names post-decimalisation.

That woman is back on TV singing "Ain't Nobody" again, just fuck the fuck off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on March 30, 2018, 02:30:08 PM
That woman is back on TV singing "Ain't Nobody" again, just fuck the fuck off.

I hate the Proud Mary AA advert more.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2018, 11:20:57 PM
Flo and Joan can't be their real names, as if anyone's been given those names post-decimalisation.

They aren't their real names. I've heen trying to work out why 'Flo and Joan' is better than their real names as a name for their act, if it's some kind of pun or reference, but I'm foxed. Maybe it's their Nan's names or something.

Gulftastic

Bud Light's transparent attempt to turn 'dilly dilly' into a catchphrase can fuck right off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: icehaven on March 31, 2018, 04:02:39 PM
They aren't their real names. I've heen trying to work out why 'Flo and Joan' is better than their real names as a name for their act, if it's some kind of pun or reference, but I'm foxed. Maybe it's their Nan's names or something.

Must be. That said a few years ago I did meet an Ingrid in their late 20's.

Chriddof

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 31, 2018, 04:39:05 PM
Bud Light's transparent attempt to turn 'dilly dilly' into a catchphrase can fuck right off.

Apparently it's been a successful attempt in America. To an extent, anyway:

MillerCoors Exec Slams Bud Light's 'Dilly Dilly'

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 31, 2018, 02:03:30 PM
I hate the Proud Mary AA advert more.

Any advert that uses CGI to animate a child's mouth into saying or singing lines can get fucked. Creepy as hell.

Sgt. Duckie

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 01, 2018, 09:39:57 AM
Any advert that uses CGI to animate a child's mouth into saying or singing lines can get fucked. Creepy as hell.

The actor driving that weird baby around must have a penchant for starring in naff ads. He was that annoying son in the Ben Miller / Ruth Jones Tesco ads.

mothman

I thought he was one of the Inbetweeners.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on April 01, 2018, 03:24:20 PM

The actor driving that weird baby around must have a penchant for starring in naff ads. He was that annoying son in the Ben Miller / Ruth Jones Tesco ads.

Oh remember that? Everyone thought he was meant to be simple at the time.

Camp Tramp

That advert was on the TV earlier and a friend said how he always smiled when he saw it.

I said that it was as creepy as shit, he stood his ground.

Sebastian Cobb

mothman

Isn't it about time this thread got closed? We've got two ad-related timelines running at once, it's more complicated than Westworld!

Sgt. Duckie

Agreed. It's becoming like Westworld meets Twin Peaks: the Return going on a date with the Back to the Future trilogy, and having a one night stand with all the Terminator films.

Cuntbeaks

yesitsme

I don't know why I'm surprised but I always thought Mr Benn would be above hawking himself out to the grubby world of advertising.

He always carried himself off with such dignity, now look at him as another childhood memory is put in a food blender and vomited down the bog to sell (I think) an insurance comparison website.

To make matters worse it looks like it's been 'made' by someone who's only ever heard people talking about the show not actually seen it.

What the....?

I do like those Tupelo ads.  Sarah Beanie really can't act can she?

Dr Syntax Head

I find it's forced cuteness sickly rather that creepy. I keep wanting to see the car veer off the road and slam into a lamp post at 70 mph.

yesitsme

I see Audi have gone for a breathy voiced MAN to sing a slowed down version of a not very good song to advertise their latest model.

Where do they get their ideas from?