Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who, Series 7 (part two)

Started by Mister Six, December 29, 2012, 04:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

So is Clara a wrong 'un?

Here's the final post on the subject in the previous thread, courtesy of Replies From View:

QuoteShe will run on all fours and have a go-go-gadget truncheon up her anus, which will require her to get her arse to head height to activate it.

SPOILERS!!!!!

Also, Biggy found this cool thing:

Quotehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20836747

And that is all.

Cerys

Part of me hopes she is - part hopes she isn't.  It would certainly be interesting - I mean, wasn't the last wrong 'un we had Turlough?

biggytitbo

Clara is clearly a Jagoroth fragmented through time.

It seems like Moffat might be writing all sorts of references and meta references into his plots. Clara represents the show itself, born on the 23rd, killed off once then killed off again aged 26. All the wiping of references to the Doctor stuff represents the wiping of the old episodes from existence. And the 50th anniversary will involve all 11 Doctors trying to find the fragmented Claras from throughout history, so they can make one whole mega Clara and take her into an antechamber of the Tardis and take it in turns to boff her - the boffing representing what Michael Grade did to the show back in the 80s.

HappyTree

When will the episodes be aired? Will it be in the spring "to take advantage of the dark nights"? Or the summer "to stop viewers getting used to a regular schedule"? Or 2015 "so's not to conflict with Sherlock"?

Replies From View

In the Spring "so as to slinky down the stairs" (representing what Verity Lambert used to always do).

biggytitbo

April 2013 - "So they can spread 1 series of episodes out over 2 years like wot Bobby Charlton used to do with those 3 strands of hair."

Talulah, really!

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 29, 2012, 04:37:54 PM
Clara is clearly a Jagoroth fragmented through time.

Don't try and FOB us off with that, aren't you WATCHing carefully?

'Cause you can't answer the question if you don't know WHO you are, can you?

biggytitbo

We BROACHed the idea that Clara was the 13th Doctor in the other thread. I'm not convinced  anymore - she didn't regenerate and there's no sign of a fob watch.

Cool idea though.

Cerys

Time lords can stop one of their hearts and fool the medics, though.  Romana did it in Destiny of the Daleks.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 29, 2012, 05:06:17 PM
We BROACHed the idea that Clara was the 13th Doctor in the other thread. I'm not convinced  anymore - she didn't regenerate and there's no sign of a fob watch.

Cool idea though.

Do I HAVE to explain everything??????

The Doctor knows if he answers the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything then the universe will end again and before the restaurant has even got planning permission, so he and River Song use the Chameleon Arc to download the Doctor's consciousness into the old fob watch. Then the Doctor is taken/ends up at the Fields of the whateveritwas to be asked the ultimate question but he can't answer as he doesn't know who he is anymore. Universe saved, fit the first.

But Ah-ha! The Silence knew that the Doctor would do this and using their agent River Song who's back under their influence/a double agent all along bring out the fob watch....

....slowly it starts to open.....

....then.....

....Cuckoo!Cuckoo! The watch is just an old fob watch. Suddenly the Silence realise the moment is at hand and they have no Doctor to answer the question and "Silents will fall.....arghhhhhhh" Universe saved. Fit the second.

But that leaves the Doctor not the Doctor. Plaintively he turns to his companions, "Who am I?" River turns to him regretfully, "You are the Doctor." "Doctor.....Who?"(Cause that joke never gets stale). He turns to Clara, "Who am I?" She turns glassy eyed, her head falls to one side with a click, then....

"You are the Doctor. Voice Recognition Confirmed. Please select a programme to run."

Slowly recognition dawns on the Doctor, the 11th Doctor theme kicks in over a montage of Clara saying "RUN you clever boy, remember, Run you clever boy, remember."

He grabs Clara and says "RUN 'You clever boy'". "Programme 'you clever boy' selected.' Suddenly the air is filled with the sound of Tardis (or whatever noise time travelling T-selectas make) as several Clara Oswin Oswald materialise out of their previous time streams, the open up to reveal the golden glowing light thatistheonlyeffectthemilleveruse that represents the Doctor's consciousness (or soul if you like) that has been split into several vessels distributed throughout time and space in a way so dissimilar to Horcruxes that J.K.Rowling's lawyers need never get involved and everyone can sleep happily ever after.

Cerys

biggytitbo

That's probably a lot better than what we will get!

Although I think you're on to something with the 'run you clever boy' stuff. That's so moffatian he'll have missed a trick if he doesn't do it. Of course my old theory is that the doctor erases himself from the universe and his name is the password to I delete himself, so maybe we could combo both theories and the clever boy program undeletes himself?

Bingo Fury

Quote from: Talulah, really! on December 29, 2012, 05:30:11 PM
The Doctor knows if he answers the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything then the universe will end again and before the restaurant has even got planning permission, so he and River Song use the Chameleon Arc to download the Doctor's consciousness into the old fob watch. Then the Doctor is taken/ends up at the Fields of the whateveritwas to be asked the ultimate question but he can't answer as he doesn't know who he is anymore.

I'm currently anticipating a similar scenario, only using one of the memory worms from the Christmas ep rather than a Chameleon Arch. The Doctor on the Fields of Trenzalore with his sleeve rolled up and a worm in his other hand, threatening to expunge himself of all his memories for the greater good. (This would have the benefit of seeding a message into the Anniversary episode that memories are very nice but not worth being shackled by.)

alcoholic messiah

I reckon the Doctor will have to save the universe by inserting his "memory worm" into every incarnation of Clara simultaneously.

The season finale will be entitled "The Humping of the Snark".

biggytitbo

That says 'run you clever boy and remember', emphasizing how important that phrase is:

alcoholic messiah

Maybe everyone misheard, and she said "Ruin uke[nb]I can think of no finer embodiment of evil than a ukulele.[/nb], lever boy[nb]He has a large willy.[/nb], and ream ember[nb]Have sex with the smoldering remains of Gallifrey.[/nb]".

Replies From View

I hope that at the end of series 7 all repeating catchphrases are wiped off the face of the earth.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 29, 2012, 07:10:40 PM
That says 'I am the Hulk', emphasizing how important that phrase is:

This reminds me of that very funny jandrewedits star trek video

BritishHobo

Trying hard not to be the first person to be openly negative in this shiny new thread, since basically all I brought to the last one was grumpy whinging, even when I was writing about something I actually liked about the show.

I very much like the idea of Oswin being like a mascot for the show over the course of the 50th year, a sparky, full-of-life little thing[nb]it's a little creepy that I'm using 'thing' and 'it' I now realize, but I need to to describe the show, so fuck off[/nb] that at first seems to be there just to entertain children, but turns out to entertain adults too, delighting everyone for a period before its [nb]again, sorry[/nb] untimely death, from which it is saved to continue journeying onwards, until it eventually becomes a dessicated, emotionless husk of its former self, deluding itself into thinking that it's far prettier and spunkier than the grim reality of what it has turned into.

...fuck[nb]JUST JOKING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[nb]actually I genuinely love the idea and despite the fact that all of my flatmates despise Moffat and all I ever do on here is whine about him, I can't think of a better person to take us through the anniversary, his childlike love and affection for the show and its history and its ideas are, I think, going to make the anniversary special a really wonderful one[/nb][/nb].

Jesus, this is such a worthless post. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

biggytitbo

Ohh that reminds me of another way Clara represents the show - she has this double life as an entertainer (barmaid, ships entertainnment officer) and as an educator (the governess), exactly like Doctor Who itself, that started out ostensibly as an educational show but quickly became about monsters and daleks.

alcoholic messiah

They missed a trick in not having Governess Clara play hide and seek with her charges, and thus cause some children to HIDE BEHIND THE SOFA.

ziggy starbucks

so does this mean The Incredible Hulk is going to be in the next series?

:fingerscrossed:

biggytitbo

No, the unincredible hulk might make an appearance though.

Replies From View

I want Clara to end up being a baddie please.  It'd turn the Doctor's affection for her on its head and make it less like a reprise of the horrible series 2 relationship between the tenth Doctor and Rose.

Cerys

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 29, 2012, 09:20:52 PM
Ohh that reminds me of another way Clara represents the show - she has this double life as an entertainer (barmaid, ships entertainnment officer) and as an educator (the governess), exactly like Doctor Who itself, that started out ostensibly as an educational show but quickly became about monsters and daleks.

I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out.  Can I be arsed to go and find out who?  Can I hell.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cerys on December 29, 2012, 10:16:45 PM
I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out.  Can I be arsed to go and find out who?  Can I hell.

Dark Sky:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=30501.msg1799962#msg1799962

You're welcome.  Call me Frandzick Hogardth.

Cerys

ziggy starbucks

found this image on outpost gallifrey, its apparently a still from a scene that was cut from the christmas special

I don't know what to make of it

biggytitbo

I'd say only 1 of those in that scene don't look constipated.

Cerys

Would that '1' be Vastra, by any chance?