Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - 50th anniversary year

Started by Replies From View, January 07, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycroft

"If the PHWOOAR thread can be young and strong, then so can I..."

Replies From View

Tennant and RTD would approve of this drawn-out regeneration I am sure you will agree.

mycroft

I bet this is exactly what Pertwee did for those three weeks the TARDIS was lost in the vortex.

Replies From View

He was mostly pulling his new foreskin back and forth and planning whether to use it as a cocktail umbrella.

Thomas

These events should be time locked, we shouldn't even be here.

Replies From View

The Verity podcast have suggested an interesting idea in their review of The Time of the Doctor, because Clara said "if you love the Doctor you will save him"... and the Time Lords aren't in general known for "loving" the Doctor:

Spoiler alert
The Master is responsible for the Doctor's new life cycle.
[close]

I think that would be a brilliant twist, if true.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Replies From View on January 05, 2014, 01:58:12 PM
The Verity podcast have suggested an interesting idea in their review of The Time of the Doctor, because Clara said "if you love the Doctor you will save him"... and the Time Lords aren't in general known for "loving" the Doctor:

Spoiler alert
The Master is responsible for the Doctor's new life cycle.
[close]

I think that would be a brilliant twist, if true.

If that happens,
Spoiler alert
I hope we get a new Master too. Can still be a young fella but I was never that enamoured by John Simm's giving it the old Hollywood-movie psycho.
[close]

The other option is
Spoiler alert
Romana
[close]
. C'mon. Time for
Spoiler alert
Romana's return
[close]
[nb]where
Spoiler alert
she
[close]
runs a
Spoiler alert
pub
[close]
of the same name[/nb]

Replies From View

Quote from: kidsick5000 on January 05, 2014, 03:49:55 PM
If that happens,
Spoiler alert
I hope we get a new Master too. Can still be a young fella but I was never that enamoured by John Simm's giving it the old Hollywood-movie psycho.
[close]

Spoiler alert
I'd quite like to see Simm carry over across Doctors (even if only for a couple of stories), even though I wasn't a massive fan of his Jim Carrey-esque portrayal and wouldn't want him to repeat that performance style.  He's more than capable of a calmer and more nuanced Master if the story calls for it.

It's about the right time to bring the Master back, I reckon.  Not that fussed about Romana.  A different female Time Lord could appear; doesn't need to be Romana.
[close]

Maybe this is a better discussion for the series 8 thread, but I wanted to put it here since it relates to the Christmas Special.

FredNurke

Simm has insinuated, if not said outright, that his performance as the Master was more or less dictated to him by RTD. He's not happy with it.