Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jurassic Park 4

Started by Harpo Speaks, January 12, 2013, 11:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

I would like it if I was eaten in the face by a dinosaur, which then spontaneously died at the same time as me.  We could both fall into the mud and be fossilised together, except I want there to be some confusion for any future archaeologist as to whether the dinosaur's teeth were originally part of my head or the dinosaur's head.

Dead kate moss

Got three Pointless answers in the final yesterday. Name any actor from the Jurassic Park trilogy.

Spoiler alert
Wayne Knight (Newman)
[close]
Spoiler alert
Tea Leone
[close]
Spoiler alert
William H Macy
[close]

The contestants failed hahahahaha.

Cerys

You're the second person I've seen recently who refers to Nedry as Newman.  Is the character Newman in the book, or something?  It's been a long time since I read it.

Tiny Poster

I'm only referring to his most famous role.

Even now, when multi-millionaire comedian Jerry Seinfeld performs his concerts where even the cheapest tickets are in excess of £100, someone always shouts out "WHERE'S NEWMAN?" during the Q&A section.

Cerys

This would explain a lot.  I've never seen Seinfeld.

Tiny Poster

Cerys

It's nigh on impossible to spell the noise I'm making as I type, so I'll just post this instead:

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Cerys on January 15, 2013, 02:15:49 PM
It's nigh on impossible to spell the noise I'm making as I type, so I'll just post this instead:

Quick! Someone pull the lever to drop the 16 ton weight!

Thomas

There's some fine discussion of the franchise here, from 0:40 to 1:02 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEqoKqs29jc&t=0m40s

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on January 15, 2013, 12:48:10 AM
It got lost in a load of mud after he got gobbed in the face by the Dilophosaurus.

Yeah, in the mudslide. The coolant was only supposed to keep them viable for 72 hours or whatever though. Unless the mud bath supposedly kept them cool...

glitch

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on January 14, 2013, 09:35:57 AM
I really liked 3, although I was about 10 at the time. This is still my favourite moment in any of the Jurassic Parks[nb]It isn't[/nb]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREfqK6Y2yk

I watched JP3 with a friend while we were both tripping and that was the first part of the film we paid any attention to.

A few months later we managed to start a mini-meme at music festivals that consisted of shouting "Alan! Alan!" and then pulling a face.

Thomas

Universal Pictures will release Jurassic World in 3D on Friday, June 12, 2015.

BritishHobo

I hope the story still follows the park actually opening. Only story that'd be any good, I reckon. Jurassic World does sound like a theme park name, one-upping the failed Park.

Bleeding Kansas

Oh crap, I'm busy that day.

Did anyone else catch the IMAX 3D release of the original last month?

I thought they did an excellent job with it, so much so I saw it twice.

QDRPHNC

Maybe I'm imagining this, but I remembered reading years ago, on Ain't it Cool News maybe, that there was a script for JP4 floating around which was about a team of cyborg police dinosaurs cleaning up Detroit's drug problem.

Edit: Hey, I just checked the first page and I posted this there ages ago!

Benevolent Despot

Did anyone play:

?

I liked it.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 11, 2013, 07:15:57 PM
Maybe I'm imagining this, but I remembered reading years ago, on Ain't it Cool News maybe, that there was a script for JP4 floating around which was about a team of cyborg police dinosaurs cleaning up Detroit's drug problem.

Edit: Hey, I just checked the first page and I posted this there ages ago!

They did concept art for it too

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/human-dinosaur-hybrids-in-abandoned-jurassic-park-4-concept-art/

up_the_hampipe

As long as Tea Leoni isn't in it screaming like a banshee then I'm on board.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on January 15, 2013, 11:52:42 AM
Personally I'm genuinely amazed that nobody's attempted to make a movie from the 2000AD property FLESH yet, it's basically cowboys herding dinosaurs.  Surely such a concept would be a license to print money?

There are so many potential film franchises laying dormant in the pages of 2000AD. I can only imagine it's a rights issue that's holding things back

Replies From View

Jurassic Bros
Jurassic Bros 2
Jurassic Bros 3
Jurassic World

Jerzy Bondov

I will wait for Jurassic World 2: Yoshi's Island

Mango Chimes

The follow up should take us back to the concrete streets.

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: kidsick5000 on September 12, 2013, 04:45:29 AM
There are so many potential film franchises laying dormant in the pages of 2000AD. I can only imagine it's a rights issue that's holding things back

Aye, they're all owned by games developer Rebellion, or at least they were. Feralkid's more up on this than me.

I did think The World's End felt like an adaptation of a Tharg's Future Shock,
Spoiler alert
particularly the last ten minutes. Made me very happy, it did.
[close]

Beagle 2

Quote• This article was amended on 11 September 2013. The name of a character was given as Richard, not John, Hammond. This has now been corrected.

Imagine Jurrasic Park with the hamster lol

Obel

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
They did concept art for it too

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/human-dinosaur-hybrids-in-abandoned-jurassic-park-4-concept-art/

Ah man, not to be a pedant, but I was enjoying that article until the end where they've corrected it and said it's not actually JP4 concept art and they don't know where the images come from. Still, quality artwork!

Phil_A

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on September 12, 2013, 02:04:19 PM
Aye, they're all owned by games developer Rebellion, or at least they were. Feralkid's more up on this than me.

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=19677.65

Yeah, this old thread from about six years ago had some discussion on the subject. Basically, it's all down to Rebellion's ridiculous stubbornness with regard to licencing the properties they own, due to their having pretensions of being a real film production company as well as everything else. Unfortunately, as the fiasco of Dredd's US release proved, they haven't really a clue when it comes to the marketing side of it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Thomas on April 24, 2014, 10:53:11 AM
No visible dinosaurs but a scientist.

If I'm not mistaken that's the shrink-ray machine from Honey I Shrunk The Kids, and that woman has strolled into the line of the beam.  Honey I Dinosaured Some Woman.

Would be brilliant if the resulting dinosaur had the same wig on.