Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

I reckon he's legit as far as sticking to the task goes. As for the legality of it...I actually think it's a good case tester.

Emma Raducanu

watched part 1 and 2 so far. It's just perfect for sitting back and drinking coffee to. Really makes me want to get out there too. I laughed my head off when he went swimming and the caption *absurd noises* came on. Bet it was really cold. The thought of seeing someone randomly swimming across it had me in stitches.

homesickalien

Loving that walk across Wales video too

Fairplay to him for doing it in Wales where he'e trespassing for most of his route.  The fact he doesn't just have to deal with the cold, shit terrain, brambles etc but also has to put up with the paranoia that an angry landlowner might pop up at any time and give him a bollocking just all combines to make it very funny. 

If he did it in Scotland (apart from crossing gardens) as far as I know it would all be pretty legal and the underlying threat of landowners would be gone to a largeish extent I imagine.

Quite impressed by the variety of terrain he encounters, so many different bits and types of forest, river, valley he encounters in the 40 odd miles. Simple idea just walking in a straight line that works well

sevendaughters

all being well the fifth and final part should be released at 8pm. been planning my day around it (as I did yesterday, but his render fucked).

sevendaughters

really good last episode. enjoyed that more than nearly all actual tv in 2019.

poo

Good shout - enjoying these.

Quote from: poo on September 03, 2019, 07:13:48 AM
Good shout - enjoying these.

He's filming a new one somewhere in Europe right now.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Good series overall, but we all know trespass isn't illegal, right?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on September 03, 2019, 04:02:48 PM

I think him not knowing that added to the dramatic irony.

Natnar

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on September 03, 2019, 04:02:48 PM

He could still get some angry farmer calling the Police on him cause they think he's trying to case the joint though. I guess it'd look suspicious to find some bloke on your property dressed in full camo gear with a huge backpack on trying hard to avoid being seen.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Natnar on September 07, 2019, 10:56:03 AM
He could still get some angry farmer calling the Police on him cause they think he's trying to case the joint though. I guess it'd look suspicious to find some bloke on your property dressed in full camo gear with a huge backpack on trying hard to avoid being seen.

shouting at him as he insists on walking straight into a hedge

phes

Really enjoyed that. Mainly for his amateurishness and naevity which made for a refreshingly personal vibe to the whole thing. I'm glad that...he properly failed the mission. The first few episodes saw him failing moreorless from the off so a major, cinematic fail felt somewhat earned and in keeping with the spirit of the while thing

I hope he forges a successful career as the Evil Knievel of rambling

phes

the

I too enjoyed the Wales challenge, and I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it if it hadn't been for these accurate summations of why it was a good watch:

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 26, 2019, 12:37:23 PMWhat begins as a potentially japey prank becomes high stakes and weirdly psychological and thrilling quite quickly. Partly because he isn't some chuckleyuk Logan Paul type, so you sense he gives a shit about being caught or having to explain his odd actions.
Quote from: Twit 2 on August 06, 2019, 01:16:16 AMThis came up on my feed but I avoided it cos all YouTube videos look like clickbait shite for fuckwits to me, but this is actually great. I love how chilled out the dude he meets at around 17 mins in is. Almost makes me glad to be from the UK.

I kind of wish he'd do a follow-up video, tracking how straight a line he managed, and re-considering those times when he deviated.

Natnar

Quote from: the on September 07, 2019, 12:53:51 PM
I too enjoyed the Wales challenge, and I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it if it hadn't been for these accurate summations of why it was a good watch:

I kind of wish he'd do a follow-up video, tracking how straight a line he managed, and re-considering those times when he deviated.

I wonder if he's tempted to try and do it all again? I wouldn't be surprised if some copycat vids started popping up on Youtube in the next few months. "OMG I WALKED ACROSS A WHOLE COUNTRY IN A STRAIGHT LINE (gone sexual)" type thing.

DrGreggles

The latest RLM Best of the Worst is a belter!

SPOILER:Neil Breen!

weekender

Is that it?

Some cunt fucking wanders around fields and a forest trying not to trespass whilst eating jelly babies for breakfast?

I've done that at Center Parcs before.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 07, 2019, 02:28:51 PM
The latest RLM Best of the Worst is a belter!

SPOILER:Neil Breen!

I've been saving this to watch tonight. The Canadians (the best guests) and a new Breen (best Breen BOTW rendered unwatchable by gurning sex pest simp).

I keep hoping I'm going to run into Jim or Colin around town. Not that I have anything to say to them, it would just be nice.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: the on September 07, 2019, 12:53:51 PM
I too enjoyed the Wales challenge, and I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it if it hadn't been for these accurate summations of why it was a good watch

Yeah I wouldn't have touched it either, so while I skimmed the last as it was getting late I was glad I gave it a go.

sevendaughters

Mission Across Wales Tom is back from his Euro adventure but says it won't be upped until January. He's going to do a few post-Wales question vids plus analysis of how straight he went. Should be fun.

bgmnts

bgmnts

Fuck knows he has that drawl of someone trying to sound like a yank though.

Piggyoioi

I've binged all these.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYwVxWpjeKFWwu8TML-Te9A

'Jim cant Swim' is the name, i've also subscribed to the patreon for a dollar a month.

very insightful, terse shit about criminals and interrogations. I'm not sure who the people behind the channel are, but from a brief search people suggest its a team of people in the criminology industry. its both deep and unobtrusive, letting the content speak for itself and only interjecting in order to highlight certain behaviours.

Smart voyeuristic shit, im sure some of you will relate (to the narcissistic killers that is you self indulgent loners).

Piggyoioi

Number 2 : STORROR https://m.youtube.com/user/StorrorBlog

Been enjoying watching these UK free running lads use their bodies to jump random shit around the world.

As i'm scared of heights some of it makes my stomach churn, but they're a great group of lads, and like any good content, its the personalities that make you come back for the next video.

Piggyoioi

P.S. I watched the Wales in a straight line thing, really fun. Cheers.

imitationleather

Quote from: Piggyoioi on September 16, 2019, 12:03:03 AM
I've binged all these.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYwVxWpjeKFWwu8TML-Te9A

'Jim cant Swim' is the name, i've also subscribed to the patreon for a dollar a month.

very insightful, terse shit about criminals and interrogations. I'm not sure who the people behind the channel are, but from a brief search people suggest its a team of people in the criminology industry. its both deep and unobtrusive, letting the content speak for itself and only interjecting in order to highlight certain behaviours.

Smart voyeuristic shit, im sure some of you will relate (to the narcissistic killers that is you self indulgent loners).

Yeah I've been on that Patreon since he launched it late last year. Really top stuff. (Although the recent Jodie Arias one was a bit pony.)

Piggyoioi

Quote from: imitationleather on September 17, 2019, 05:15:31 PM
Yeah I've been on that Patreon since he launched it late last year. Really top stuff. (Although the recent Jodie Arias one was a bit pony.)

pony? care to elaborate? interested

imitationleather

Quote from: Piggyoioi on September 17, 2019, 09:22:45 PM
pony? care to elaborate? interested

I just thought it was a bit dull and had barely any analysis whatsoever. Given the extended length that made watching it a real drag.