Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Hand Solo on June 02, 2020, 07:52:56 PM
Ever got into a loop of watching those videos of someone draining giant boils and tumours of their puss, buckets and buckets worth of the stuff. It's oddly addicting and therapeutic. I imagine it's similar to that lot who are mainlining American riot footage off social media into their eyesockets non-stop at the moment.
Never ventured there, I'm happy with the Australian fella and his pet plastic rat cleaning wipes and roots out of drains.

Clownbaby

Ever got into a loop of watching those videos of someone draining giant boils and tumours of their puss, buckets and buckets worth of the stuff. It's oddly addicting and therapeutic. I imagine it's similar to that lot who are mainlining American riot footage off social media into their eyesockets non-stop at the moment.

The blackhead ones piss me off a bit because the squeezer usually teases the huge blackhead out so agonizingly slowly and spends the first 20 mins of a 24 minute video gently prodding and squeezing and wiping the blackhead even though there's nothing to wipe up. It's like some kind of repulsive pimple foreplay, that's what it is

I saw a video a while ago of literally hundreds of transparent water-filled cysts being drained from someone in surgery. I don't see how the person could still be alive. I've never seen anything like it

Twonty Gostelow

Ever got into a loop of watching those videos of someone draining giant boils and tumours of their puss
"We've got the results of your CAT scan..."

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quinton Reviews: Bad Nazi Documentaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maeO6Isb_So

Part of his series about the decline of The History Channel. It's 45 minutes long but is well worth the watch. Highlights include

- Quinton's live reaction to an episode of Ancient Aliens about a Nazi superweapon
- "If the Nazis really were geniuses of conflict, if they really had technology beyond our wildest understanding, if their skulls swelled constantly to maintain their massively expanding brains -" (whispers) "-they would have won the fucking war."
- The entire segment about Hunting Hitler

Wonderful Butternut

Must. Not. Spoil. Best. Bit.

Yeah, I remember The History Channel being very big on the Nazi technology. Pretty sure they created 99% of the Wehraboos in the world.

"The Luftwaffe were winning the Battle of Britain until..."
No. No they weren't. They were maybe drawing.

"The Nazis would have won the war if..."
Unless the next words out of you mouth are "they hadn't been Nazis" then no.

I offer Star Trek Intakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJYSdcOvXa0

Scenes, mostly from The Next Generation, that are edited to include a blooper, and the scene continues as if the blooper actually happened in universe.

bgmnts

Eh, dunno. Operation Barbarossa succeeds, Nazis control a massive landmass rich in oil that is difficult to fight in during winter and war goes on for much, much longer.

More time for German engineers and scientists to create further weapons and technological advancements. I imagine it would maybe have gone nuclear or peace negotiations? Nazis mostly hated Jews and Communists, take them out of the picture and what would they keep fighting for?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bgmnts on June 06, 2020, 01:22:56 AM
Eh, dunno. Operation Barbarossa
dumbassedly launched despite still being at war with Britain, against a trading partner, with no preparation for winterization of the army, based on an incredibly narrow view of the enemy's resources, and carried out because of racism

they were dumbasses

bgmnts

I mean, by they you are talking about a very wide range of people with a wide range of intelligence.

olliebean

Eh, dunno. Operation Barbarossa succeeds, Nazis control a massive landmass rich in oil that is difficult to fight in during winter and war goes on for much, much longer.

More time for German engineers and scientists to create further weapons and technological advancements. I imagine it would maybe have gone nuclear or peace negotiations? Nazis mostly hated Jews and Communists, take them out of the picture and what would they keep fighting for?

I'm not intimately acquainted with the Nazi mindset, but intuitively I reckon your die-hard Nazis would have found someone else to hate in relatively short order.

Wonderful Butternut

Aside from the fact that Barbarossa succeeding is a sufficiently unrealistic "if" that we can talk about anything, imo, the territorial objective of Barbarossa was only to take Western Russia and the Caucuses as far as the Volga-Arkhangelsk line and then hope to basically bomb the rest of the country out of existence. Whilst the oil would've undoubtedly been very useful, it's likely that the cost of holding that territory and redeveloping it after the retreating Russians destroyed everything would've been greater than the economic gains for the first year or two. Also Germany lacked the heavy bomber capacity for the 'bombing the rest of the country out of existence' bit, so would've been under constant Russian counter-attack unless the Russians surrendered. Which they wouldn't have.

A plausible Barbarossa "if" is a change in strategy that has them make a beeline straight for oil-rich Azerbaijan, either by trying to move around the south-west of Stalingrad without attacking it (probably not a workable option) or diverting troops from the Leningrad and Moscow prongs to have enough in the South to seige Stalingrad and attack Azerbaijan. They might have gotten there, but then there's the possibility of being boxed in because they neglected matters further North to do it.

Retinend

Quote from: Steven on March 11, 2016, 04:51:20 PM
Purportedly. It's on YouTube so I just assumed it's fake?

Found the original line, anyway.

EDIT. Yep, it's fake and from Faces Of Death, which I've never seen.

Old, but how did they do this with the cycling shots?

buzby

Quote from: Retinend on June 14, 2020, 04:30:22 PM
Old, but how did they do this with the cycling shots?
They were marionettes with radio-controlled animatronic heads, suspended from a crane truck:

For that scene in particular the crane truck had two circular ones and the two puppeteers choreographed their movements with the crane driver to allow them to ride in circles. See this page from Henson's site for more details.

Retinend

Wow! So the bicycles were being dragged along by the tip of that crane? I'm still amazed that there was no wobbling.

buzby

Quote from: Retinend on June 18, 2020, 09:33:12 AM
Wow! So the bicycles were being dragged along by the tip of that crane? I'm still amazed that there was no wobbling.
Dragged along by the puppeteer (Brian Henson, Jim's son) stood on the platform on the end of the crane's jib. Wobbling could be an issue - see the out-takes of Kermit's bike-riding scene from The Muppet Movie.

Retinend

Aren't you a fount of Muppets knowledge! Thanks, Buzby.

phes

Ally Law has been has so choked up by a toddler with a leukemia recurrence that he's decided to do a 1000 mile bike ride (land's end to J o G), attempting 100 miles a day to raise money. I'm a fairly unapologetic Law fan and the idea of him waking up one day, making some DIY panniers with cheap bags and bits of plywood, buying a £10 hammock and setting off the next day for an extreme challenge with zero preparation, ticks all the boxes. It will be sad when the AL story ends with him being run over by an Uber in Northampton but it's all in a good cause. Looking forward to vids

Quote from: phes on June 29, 2020, 08:31:13 PM
Ally Law has been has so choked up by a toddler with a leukemia recurrence that he's decided to do a 1000 mile bike ride (land's end to J o G), attempting 100 miles a day to raise money. I'm a fairly unapologetic Law fan and the idea of him waking up one day, making some DIY panniers with cheap bags and bits of plywood, buying a £10 hammock and setting off the next day for an extreme challenge with zero preparation, ticks all the boxes. It will be sad when the AL story ends with him being run over by an Uber in Northampton but it's all in a good cause. Looking forward to vids

He's hard not to like, I think he's the most genuine youtuber I've come across, he'd do well on mainstream TV if they found the right vehicle.

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 12:41:57 AM
Did you see all that James Charles and Tati Westbrook stuff over the last couple of weeks? I was thinking about how Internet drama seems to have taken the place of soap operas these days.

It's all starting again, now with added Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson.

https://youtu.be/1aIYkgTcHBw

phes

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 01, 2020, 03:56:32 PM
He's hard not to like, I think he's the most genuine youtuber I've come across, he'd do well on mainstream TV if they found the right vehicle.

Absolutely love him. At 375,000,000 views it is phenomenal that he has managed - at such a young age - to exploit so much infrastructure that represents such gross inequality and inaccessibility and make it accessible and joyous for so many. Admittedly it's all fairly apolitical, so you'll just as likely see them fooling about in Krazy Kaves, but I still think the guy is a hero.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 01, 2020, 07:04:14 PM
It's all starting again, now with added Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson.

https://youtu.be/1aIYkgTcHBw

This woman is a total narcissist.

Natnar

GeoWizard is back with a 2nd mission to cross Wales https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk84QaNEOFw . He was planning to cross Scotland in a straight line but because of lock down he couldn't do it in the end, so he's doing Wales again.

bgmnts

The difficult second mission.

ersatz99

Quote from: phes on June 29, 2020, 08:31:13 PM

Unfortunately he only got 440 miles in and has had to retire injured. He did manage 110 miles/day with flat pedals and some knackered trainers which is still pretty mad. Yeah with a bit of planning and better equipment he would have nailed it.

bgmnts

https://youtu.be/bREOI-rg7wE

I love the idea that there are 'new things in the market' in regards to the ancient art form of Subbuteo

Retinend

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 26, 2019, 12:37:23 PM
have watched this 3 times now waiting for part 2. Man attempts to walk across Wales in a perfectly straight line. What begins as a potentially japey prank becomes high stakes and weirdly psychological and thrilling quite quickly. Partly because he isn't some chuckleyuk Logan Paul type, so you sense he gives a shit about being caught or having to explain his odd actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7w986ni7_g

Just watched this. At 25:45 in Part 2 he sings a classic line from Kunt and the Gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRgrhJemQM&t=25m45s

sevendaughters

episode 1 of the second mission is pretty good. It's nice to see some lockdown-made material that isn't sitting inside to be honest. I also know this section of mid-Wales quite well and I am genuinely going to be astonished if he makes it much past Llanidloes.

Emma Raducanu

Shame it's with his mate Greg. I think his challenges are a bit more engaging when he does them alone. Episode 1 this time was mainly listening to two lads go "huh huh huh" for half an hour though it was tense when the dog came over to them.

I remember reading a farmer's forum chat about his straight line challenge last time and they weren't happy. I know being caught jeopardises the success of the journey but I spend most of the time assuming farmer's wouldn't give too much of a shit about someone crossing a field. The farmers online made me realize I was wrong.

sevendaughters

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 08, 2020, 06:19:02 PM
I think his challenges are a bit more engaging when he does them alone.

Have to agree. He puts on a slightly slightly false public face whereas he lets himself go a bit loopy alone.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 08, 2020, 06:19:02 PM
Shame it's with his mate Greg. I think his challenges are a bit more engaging when he does them alone. Episode 1 this time was mainly listening to two lads go "huh huh huh" for half an hour though it was tense when the dog came over to them.

I remember reading a farmer's forum chat about his straight line challenge last time and they weren't happy. I know being caught jeopardises the success of the journey but I spend most of the time assuming farmer's wouldn't give too much of a shit about someone crossing a field. The farmers online made me realize I was wrong.

Yea farmers are petty mental dipshits with inferiority complexes and non-paranoid impostor syndrome  they project into being madly overprotective over the subsidised land they do fuck all of any use with