Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Head''s Up: 101 Things Removed From The Human Body

Started by Dirty Boy, July 12, 2004, 09:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Boy

Just a note to say this is on Channel 4 tonight at 10:50

Saw an ad a while back that looked particularly disturbing/hilarious.People having half their heads missing/scalpels through the skull/skewered through the eye with a swordfish etc..

Sorry for the sensationalist tone of this and all that, but it looks like it could be pretty interesting and lead on quite nicely from the whole "I gave birth to my twin", "My parents were Werewolves" type malarky that 4's been pimping of late.....

king mob

I saw a trailer for this and it looks like a double sick bag show.

Tokyo Sexwhale

It's a bit of a con really, they just show a few gruesome examples, and then list about 10 "other things that have come out of a human head".

And I don't know who the "presenter" is, but surely he should be on Bravo or Channel 5.

Lewis

Some truly disturbing footage but some pretty funny stuff too - the welsh guy with the wooden plank being one that sticks in my mind.  The presenter was awful though and I was disapointed with the layout and style of the show.  Channel 4 are usually fairly good at these types of documentaires but I kept having to check the TV schedule to make sure I wasn't tuned to Channel 5

the hum

Saw the trailer, couldn't face (haha) watching it.  Seemed to be mostly deep-south Americans as well.  Thems crazy guys sticking pitch forks and the like in their brains.  What fun.

imitationleather

Next week it's '101 Things To Do When You're Dead', so it's footage of corpses ahoy!

How did this piece of shit ever make it onto Channel 4? I mean, we all know it's been in decline over the last few years but I thought it was above this. It's basically FHM TV, which is further backed up by the fact that the presenter, Grub Smith, writes for them.

Apparently it's a four episode series, so I dread to think what's coming...

Rats

I caught the advert so I didn't watch it, bloody nasty business and no mistake.

Sam

Saw most of it. Didn't know whether to just laugh at it or be genuinley angered. It was incredibly distasteful. Jaunty music, a count-up to 101 as if it's top of the fucking pops and a cunt of a presenter making cheap jokes at people's misfortune. I think he should have a pitch-fork stuck through his head and see how he likes it. I can see Channel 4 getting a lot of complaints.

In the "Screen Burn" column of the Saturday Guardian's Guide Michael Holden seriously ripped into the program declaring it to be a travesty of broadcasting. I was going to post the link but the Guardian's website is playing up. Anyway, it's well worth a read.

A Passing Turk Slipper

It did seem a bit like a Channel 5 show didn't it. I watched a bit of it but unless you're fascinated by looking at horrific injuries I don't really see how you could enjoy this. At the end we were presented with a preview of next weeks show, one bit showed a corpse slowly decaying away. How could anyone enjoy watching that? Why don't they just have half hour compilations of various fatal accidents? Oh the hilarity of someone being hit by a train. Fucking hell. I suppose I'm being a bit harsh, it wasn't all just footage of injuries. We got to hear from the victims themselves just what it was like having a javelin/fence post/wooden spoon/tree through your face. Shit television. The people that 'came up' with this show are brainless fools.

Mr Colossal

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"

And I don't know who the "presenter" is, but surely he should be on Bravo or Channel 5.

Funny you should say that... Hes the guy who does travel sick on bravo, which is quite amusing at times, and was also FHMs sex columnist believe it or not.

I caught the end after  watching the father ted thing on channel 1, and agree about the cheating of just listing the things found, it was poorly done with no elaboration or anything. Then again, the chances of footage of most accidents  would be pretty slim...

''Sorry to bother you mate, would you mind if i just nip in and get the cam-corder while you writhe around with a spear through your neck? Dont move a muscle... Oops sorry!

I only winced at the 'through the eye' stuff... For some reason I can stomach something quite gorey, yet niggley little things like images of pulling teeth out or ripping  the fingenails back with pair of pliers would send me over the edge.

JesusAndYourBush

I saw it advertised but turned off after the Big Brother highlights.  From the trailer it looked like the sort of thing rotten.com would make if they made tv shows.  What next?  "101 Horrible Things" featuring such things as tubgirl and goatse?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Mr Colossal"
Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"

Funny you should say that... Hes the guy who does travel sick on bravo, which is quite amusing at times, and was also FHMs sex columnist believe it or not.

Ah, Grub Smith. Travel Sick was pretty funny, I remember one episode where he ventured into a really rough area of south central LA and nearly got lynched for taking the piss out of the whole gang thing. He then got his arse kicked by some gang leader.
There's video clips from all the series one shows here:
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/travelsick/
The one where he gets Americans to prove how dumb they are is quite amusing
"What is the capital of France?"
"Uh....Italy?"

Fucknose

fucking sick. Got no sleep thanks to nightmares of having a fish snout embedded in my face. Had to switch off at the sight of filling a boys head with a false tit and stretching skin over it. bleurgh.

king mob

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"I saw it advertised but turned off after the Big Brother highlights.  From the trailer it looked like the sort of thing rotten.com would make if they made tv shows.  What next?  "101 Horrible Things" featuring such things as tubgirl and goatse?

Thats what made me retch so much watching the trailer, it really was a Rotten.com comedy hour.
I flicked on and off it & just couldnt bear the show's gore, gore content for the sake of it.

As for next weeks corpses show, how can they top that unless they do celebrity Faces Of Death with Graham Norton.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "king mob"As for next weeks corpses show, how can they top that unless they do celebrity Faces Of Death with Graham Norton.
I have no problem with that if the face involved is Norton himself.

king mob

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "king mob"As for next weeks corpses show, how can they top that unless they do celebrity Faces Of Death with Graham Norton.
I have no problem with that if the face involved is Norton himself.

You would have to have Jade Goody & Cilla Black as the first celebrity Faces.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "king mob"You would have to have Jade Goody...
With an apple in her mouth?