Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Cu*t Phenomenon": so bad it's good it's bad it's good et fucking cetera.

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, February 10, 2013, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glitch

I'd completely forgotten about this thread, so thanks for that Pepotamo1985 - and the PM to remind me!

I'll probably put in an order for a book or two, once I've devoured that website, cheers.

glitch

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on January 27, 2014, 02:31:15 PM
The book Essex Boys by Bernard O'Mahoney is probably the best book about the characters and the case. He knew them personally (and was even a suspect in the murder enquiry).

And strangely that popped up in an article I was reading last night. I didn't realise there was a connection to Leah Betts in all this.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: glitch on March 04, 2014, 10:37:26 AM
I didn't realise there was a connection to Leah Betts in all this.

Yeah, there's a ton of peripheral oddness associated with the Rettendon murders which is dizzying to get one's head around. Betts' parents lived not far from Rettendon and her father was a major shotgun enthusiast, and an ex-copper - further to this, he was certainly aware of who Tucker was, and his role in supplying the pill that killed Leah.

He and his wife were interviewed by the police as potential suspects. You can find their statements here;

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurders/documents/pbetts.shtml

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurders/documents/jbetts.shtml

It's been speculated that the hit on the trio was police retribution for supplying the pill.

Famous Mortimer

Famous Mortimer

But I just saw perhaps the oddest...well, not the oddest, but definitely one for consideration for a thread like this. "Robo Vampire", from Godfrey Ho, cobbled together from bits of other films, making absolutely no sense whatsoever, and with a Robocop clone who, let's just say, didn't have quite as much money spent on it:

I could not make head nor tail of it.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

We can easily verify the claim that that film is "the British Scarface" - just check if all British hiphop performers watch it all the time and constantly reference it. If not, then it's not a British equivalent of Scarface.

Also, it has to have a scene where someone gets cut up with a chainsaw in a pointlessly over-elaborate act of sadism. And the lead character has to be a Cuban who was deported by the Castro regime because they thought he was a theiving little bastard.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on April 12, 2014, 12:01:10 PM
We can easily verify the claim that that film is "the British Scarface" - just check if all British hiphop performers watch it all the time and constantly reference it. If not, then it's not a British equivalent of Scarface.

Not necessarily. It could be "the British Scarface", as in 1932 Howard Hawks' Scarface.