Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Oh, the snot has caked against my pants, it has turned into crystal"

Started by NobodyGetsOutAlive, July 13, 2004, 12:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NobodyGetsOutAlive

..sang Arthur Lee in Love's fantastic ''Live and Let Live''. Terrible opening line though. Which other songs are there out there that you adore but have one or two lines in which you can't stand, maring your enjoyment of the song ever-so-slightly?

I'll also stick in Morrissey's "And I love you, I just wish you'd stay were you is" from 'America Is Not The World'' while I'm at it; it always makes me cirnge.

Fuckwittio

I like it, but I always cringe during Andmoreagain when he sings the line "And you feel your heart beating bum-bum-bum-bum". Good song, though.

My nomination is for The Clash's Remote Control:
"Who needs the parliament, sitting making laws all day?"
and it's cringeworthy chorus of "Re-preh-shun!"
The band disowned the song after it was released as a single against their wishes, but you gotta thank the record company for thus inspiring the brilliant Complete Control. I like Remote Control though, it's a nice song, with a pleasant tune and goofy lyrics. At least they got a bit better at that sort of thing.

EDITED: To correct crappy Clash lyric.

Bonely Child

Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People". Great song, but features possibly the most appalling example ever of giving up halfway through a line:

"Different strokes for different folks, and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo".

Shocking.

The Culture Bunker

Much as I love "Everything Counts" by Depeche Mode, it does have the unfortunate line:

"The turning point of a career, in Korea".

Ouch.

dan dirty ape

Prince 'Erotic City', his best b-side, probably one of his best songs, marred by this

'Every time I comb my hair/Thoughts of you get in my eyes/You're a sinner, I don't care/I just want your creamy thighs'