Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Amiga Games without the hassle

Started by syntaxerror, February 19, 2013, 08:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syntaxerror

http://thecompany.pl/game

Download Amiga games and run them straight off without a separate emulator - What could be better? There are some right crackers on that list too - Bubba'n'Stix, Skidmarks, Pinball Dreams and The Chaos Engine being a few personal favourites.

Happy days

small_world

Haven't tried it, but I hope it works...

Giving it a crack now.

madhair60

ziggy starbucks

I'm playing the dizzy games and I didn't need to register.

weekender

Hmm, I can only seem to close down Cannon Fodder by the Ctrl-Alt-Delete->Task Manager method.  There must be another way, surely?

Replies From View

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on February 19, 2013, 10:54:12 PM
I'm playing the dizzy games and I didn't need to register.

YES.  Or as Gaming Mill would say:  WONGA.

I have waited so many years for this.

I remember about 12 years ago downloading some Amiga Dizzy games and an emulator, and finding there was some crucial bit of the puzzle that was missing.  I can't remember what it was now, but those Amiga owners wouldn't cough it up.  And I remember thinking even 12 years ago that surely the Amiga owners had nothing to lose anymore but no, they kept onto whatever it was.  So no functioning Amiga emulator for me.

Until now.  Come on then, Dizzy games.  Impress me with allegedly the best 16-bit versions of yourselves there ever were!!

This..... this will work on my Mac, right?

Replies From View

Aargh - could somebody please explain which part of the site you go to to play the games, once downloaded?  (I haven't registered.)

weekender

They're standalone .exe files, so if you just double-click the file that you've downloaded it should open - you don't need to be on the site at all.

PROTIP: Click the 'Mirrored by ClassicAmiga.com' option - the red and white icon - on the download links.  This avoids the need for registration etc.

Replies From View

Thanks for that.  I'll see if my DOS emulator gets them working.

madhair60

Doesn't work for me.  Oh well.  There's always WinUAE.  And my friend has her 1200 still hooked up.

biggytitbo

Pushover was probably my favorite. That wu;ld make an awesome ios and android game now if someone remade it.

They havent got Bills Tomato Game though :(

Gods, another neglected classic. That was rock hard but had so many secrets.

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on February 22, 2013, 12:11:38 PM
Doesn't work for me.  Oh well.

Yeah, nor me.  Never mind.  I can wait another 12 years.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: madhair60 on February 22, 2013, 12:11:38 PM
Doesn't work for me.

Haven't tried any of them yet but I did find a post on their forums the other day stating that the .exe files will be one of two versions. The higher numbered versions will work on Win8 whereas the lower ones will only work on anything up to Win Vista. Dunno whether that's your problem here but it might be worth checking.

I'm working from memory here and I think I looked on the day I was a bit tipsy, so this info may be slightly wrong. Think I have the essence of it though.

Gavin M

I've been clicking on the blue smiley disk icon to download the EXE files and I haven't had any problems at all, all work perfectly without registration.

Would these games recognise a USB joystick?  Sensi Soccer for one, certainly doesn't lend itself to keyboard controls.

Dusty Gozongas

Jim_MacLaine

No Virus or Exile?

Bah!

But Elite and Dungeon Master.

Huzzah!

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: weekender on February 22, 2013, 10:04:37 AM
Hmm, I can only seem to close down Cannon Fodder by the Ctrl-Alt-Delete->Task Manager method.  There must be another way, surely?

Firing up Cannon Fodder 7in1 here and there's a hint on the version chooser at startup:

use "Delete" to quit and Numpad "*" to refresh the game.

No idea whether this applies to your version or all games in general.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 22, 2013, 02:06:43 PM
No Virus or Exile?

Bah!

But Elite and Dungeon Master.

Huzzah!
I spent most of my teenage years trying to complete Elite on the Amiga. Ah, them were the days, back when butter was tuppence a pound etc.

madhair60

This seems like the thread to mention that Superfrog HD is a real thing that's happening.

Consignia

QuoteBe massively disappointed by Magic Pockets all over again!

How true this tag reads for me. I always remember seeing the demo mode on display in Tandy and being in awe. Then years later, actually playing it was a let down. And today again I was let down.

On a side note, was Magic Pockets ever used on a kid's TV show where viewers ring in and bellow verbal controls whilst the game is being shown in a studio? I've got vague memory that it might have happened.

I.D. Smith

Quote from: Consignia on February 22, 2013, 04:22:14 PM
On a side note, was Magic Pockets ever used on a kid's TV show where viewers ring in and bellow verbal controls whilst the game is being shown in a studio? I've got vague memory that it might have happened.

Yes, it was! I'm pretty sure it was used on Motormouth back in the early 90s.

weekender

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on February 22, 2013, 02:12:02 PM
Firing up Cannon Fodder 7in1 here and there's a hint on the version chooser at startup:

use "Delete" to quit and Numpad "*" to refresh the game.

Thanks.  I was so excited about playing Cannon Fodder again I didn't think to actually read.

I also found that clicking my mouse wheel minimised the game, a useful piece of information that sadly didn't stop the death of Jools.

Gavin M

Oh bugger, I can never get Rodland to work beyond Level 10.

biggytitbo

None of these work on windows 8. Bum.

Dropshadow

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 22, 2013, 02:06:43 PM
No Virus or Exile?

The only "virus" I've detected is when I clicked on the red/white-checked ball to download "It Came From The Desert" and my Avast! anti-virus software declared it to be a "Win32:Adware-gen" nasty. I didn't download it. Could be a false positive.......... has anyone else found something like this?

Puffin Chunks

Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #000000036.32942319

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Would like to play James Pond: Robocod again.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 23, 2013, 08:27:53 PM
Would like to play James Pond: Robocod again.

Wouldn't we all! That's an amazing game, if not just for the fact that they somehow managed to squeeze it all into 1 floppy disc.

Replies From View

Was there ever an Amiga game called 'The Littlest Hobocop'?

There should have been.

El Unicornio, mang

Works good for me. Had a quick go on Alien Breed, which I remember playing a lot when I was 14 as it was the closest you could get to an Aliens type game. Noticed that they have Monkey Island 2, that came on something like 12 disks didn't it? And a cardboard copy protect wheel which you just had to photocopy. Not sure why you'd want to play the Amiga version of games like SFII though.

Anyone remember a game where you played a kind of Ed-209 type robot thing? Side scrolling sci-fi action game.