Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Pointless Thread

Started by Dead kate moss, February 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Serge on April 12, 2013, 06:40:19 PM
I'm guessing the question was 'Q.I. guests'?
It only bloody was as well, you clever sod!

George Oscar Bluth II

YES! My new hours at work will allow me to be at home in time for Pointless! WOO!

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Mildly Diverting on April 12, 2013, 05:22:35 PM
Pointless is very poor today.

Lest we forget.

I think we're all in agreement that Lizzie is more the looker here. But would you swap her breasts for those of whatever her name is?

Kane Jones

Mildly Diverting

Kwok is my new all-time favourite comedy Asian man.

Famous Mortimer

Isobel off of today's show - I think you're just lovely.

Morrison Lard

Crackin bit o crumpet.

Imagine her doing that sexy secretary thing, letting her hair down, specs off, etc..

Gulftastic

Apparantly, she's been re-tweeting pervy comments made about her during tonight's show.

A go-er.

Uncle TechTip

There was another lady on a few months back was rather... large but also bubbly and quite the card (i thought she was gorgeous). Her partner had stated he was a journalist and so I was curious to know if I could use Twitter to identify him - sure enough, he turned out to be a features editor or something on the Guardian (all I remember is first name James), which I discovered via her tweets throughout the show including furious retweets of various unsavoury comments like "who let the hippo on Pointless today" and questions regarding her intelligence. It was quite a revelation and makes you think twice about ever choosing to go on television.

holyzombiejesus

I have just been stalking checking out Isobel from last night's show on Twitter and she's posted a picture of herself with some Haribos on her lap.

Check out her tattooed thighs!

holyzombiejesus

Just been looking at her JustGiving page and it seems like her birthday is quite close to mine. 18 months ago she went on a 6 hour, 14 mile, birthday pub crawl along the canals around Hebden Bridge, collecting for charity along the way. She managed to raise an impressive £345! Unfortunately, when she attempted the same thing last year, she didn't raise a single penny, maybe due to her annoying sign off of...

"Come on guys, dig deep, get your walking boots on - do whatever you can to help me out, even if it's just meeting us in Halifax afterwards to share a congratulatory pint. Altogether now........CHILLMAN, CHILLMAN, CHILLMAN!"

Anyway, I have also learned that she suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis, so I've gone off her now.

Mildly Diverting

Wow, you kids are so thorough. I sent a quite beguiling letter to 'Lizzie off of Pointless' and am yet to receive so much as a reply.

holyzombiejesus

After readfing her LinkedIn profile, I fear that she may be a bit whiffy too.

QuoteWhen my internship ended I was then asked to stay working for the company from home.

[nb]They're all whiffy/ working from home by the time I've finished with them etc...[/nb]

holyzombiejesus

Oh dear. Just been investigating further and came across an old blog of hers, under a different name and not updated since 2010, from before she moved down from Hebden Bridge to London. In that she mentions a boyfriend (not that I care any more, arthritis features) called Nick, her 2 cats ( Annie & Rosco). She also, unwisely IMHO, decides to discuss politics.

QuoteHow shit are politics? Everyone gets all excited about the general election and it's always a let down! To start off with, the campaigning. No-where near as good as the yanks do it. Where were the smear campaigns? In my eyes the competing parties haven't done their jobs properly unless someones accused of being a terrorist, raising an illegitimate child, or shagging their P.A. I want childish, petty gossip and scaremongering, not civilised televised debates.

Also, if anyone has a log in for OK Cupid, looks like so-called 'Nick' did one, as her dating profile's on there.

Gulftastic

Mildly Diverting

Interesting question. Names of sketch actors in Little Britain, The Fast Show, Dead Ringers and NTNON who appeared in at least seven episodes - which rules out Chris Langham and thus any mention of him by one episode.

COINCIDENCE????

Norton Canes

Must admit I was disappointed today that in the 'Animals Acts' round, Adam Ant was offered in addition to Adam And The Ants but though the Eagles were there, there was no mention of Don Henley.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 18, 2013, 07:05:53 PM
Must admit I was disappointed today that in the 'Animals Acts' round, Adam Ant was offered in addition to Adam And The Ants but though the Eagles were there, there was no mention of Don Henley.

Are, but Adam is still an ant, Don Henley ceased to be an animal when he left the Eagles.

I was quite pleased with that round. I got a Pointless answer. I got two in the Frank Sinatra related final round. Good night for me.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 18, 2013, 09:28:54 PMI was quite pleased with that round. I got a Pointless answer. I got two in the Frank Sinatra related final round. Good night for me.

I got 13 out of 14 on the Parliamentary things round, and all 10 of the head to head ones.

British Sitcoms was one of the options for the final round the other night - I wanted them to pick that, I'm sure I'd have got a Pointless one. In my mind, it was "Fawlty Towers actors" and I'd get loads of them.

Uncle TechTip

They've complicated the final round to a degree, now that there's three categories of answers it seems like players spend fewer time thinking of more answers. Whether they wanted to make it easier I'm not sure, but for some teams they've probably made it harder.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 18, 2013, 09:28:54 PM
Are, but Adam is still an ant, Don Henley ceased to be an animal when he left the Eagles

Don HENley, like a...

never mind.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 18, 2013, 10:40:29 PM
They've complicated the final round to a degree, now that there's three categories of answers it seems like players spend fewer time thinking of more answers. Whether they wanted to make it easier I'm not sure, but for some teams they've probably made it harder.

Popular theory on another board is that it now allows them to include questions for which they've only had one or two pointless answers.

holyzombiejesus

I liked the European Pop category wanting top 40 singles by Aqua, Roxette and Bjork and was glad that the stupid cunts who offered Barbie Girl rather than trying to think of anything by the latter went home penniless. Very surprised that stuff like Violently Happy and Big Time Sensuality were pointless.

Gulftastic

An answer to rival the 'Leaning Tower Of Pisa' one today.

'Name an African country who's name contains any repeated vowels..'

'Goa?'

Not a county, not in Africa, no repeated vowels! Fantastic effort from the bloke. His missus sounded furious when she gave her answer.

Mildly Diverting

We have a winner:

Q: Name who was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas.
A: J.R.

Gulftastic

Although her partner tried to outdo her

'French revolutionary stabbed in the bath by Charlotte Corday'

Answer - Joan Of Arc?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 21, 2013, 05:40:50 PM
Although her partner tried to outdo her

'French revolutionary stabbed in the bath by Charlotte Corday'

Answer - Joan Of Arc?
I think he was deliberately tanking it to try and spare his girlfriend's blushes.

Uncle TechTip

Sister I think. She was delightful though, with a jaw to die for. If you like really big jaws.

When it dawned on her, "but I think I've got the wrong Dallas", that was the best.

Famous Mortimer

Well hello, Lucy and Claire off of today's show (although I think it's a repeat). Teachers aren't like they were in my day, etc.

Famous Mortimer

Phil Cornwell is on the celeb edition today, and looks as if he's in the sixth month of a fairly hefty meth addiction. Has he been unwell?