Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the wierdest thing that's ever happened to you?

Started by Lord Spong, February 10, 2004, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker

Quote from: "Huzzie"Finding a Chupacabra in Puerto Rico for me!:-)

i was going to mention that on your behalf huzz. tell the story again, the men in black can't still be after you

hencole

Quote from: "Sherringford Hovis"

Quote from: "hencole"Also I have to ask do you ever here voices, not coherent voices that you can pick out what they are saying, but the feeling of something being said?

This is usually one of the first things that a doctor asks - it's very difficult to describe without a lot of hand-waving and badly used similies. I'm not hearing voices or noises per se; to put it in its simplest terms, its more like a forgotten memory being awoken in a way that anyone that is familiar with Proust's madeleine might recognise.

I don't know of Proust, but the forgotten memory thing seems very familliar. It may happen to me only a few times a year for about a minute or so. It's very difficult to describe, but its always almost the same thing that gets recalled. Do you get the sense of a strange undescribable smell, that isn't like anything else and is unlike any other smell, not unpleasant., but sort of fuzzy.

Bogey

Quote from: "Sherringford Hovis"Proust's madeleine

Bizarrely, they sell madeleines at our local 24 hour petrol station.
I keep meaning to buy some, you know, to see if they "work".

Huzzie

Quote from: "smoker"
Quote from: "Huzzie"Finding a Chupacabra in Puerto Rico for me!:-)

i was going to mention that on your behalf huzz. tell the story again, the men in black can't still be after you

bah.. I cant remember the story.

I think it has been lost in the spinny whirlwind that is myth.