Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Permissive" (1970)

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, February 22, 2013, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Just seen the BFI Flipside edition. To be honest I found one of the extras, Bread (a sort of failed attempt at Confessions Of Some Randy Hippies) grimly fascinating, more so than the main feature.

Bobby Treetops

Permissive also has some truly awful barnets that 70s Prog musicians seemed to sport at the time and Alan Gorrie later of the Average White Band.

Somebody has put the first ten minutes on Youtube for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yEsnOQF_M

If you haven't seen it already I can recommend Requiem for a Village an enchanting look at the death of a Suffolk's village's old traditions and the encroaching modern world burying the past in it's wake.

You can rent most of the BPI Flipside series on Lovefilm so I'm slowly going through them all at the moment.

Epic Bisto

I absolutely adore Permissive, it's one of the many nuggets that BFI's Flipside range have rescued from oblivion (see also Privilege, Bronco Bullfrog, Duffer and Nightbirds). The music's not bad too (Comus can't really do anything wrong, and even Forever More aren't that bad)

A friend of mine knows someone in the process of tracking down the Permissive cast and crew for interviews, who are quite reluctant to talk about it. It's nothing to do with the overall quality of the film, but it turns out that one of the cast (the one who plays Pogo, the homeless bloke) created the Exegesis therapy/cult in the 70s and tried to rope several cast members into it. It makes for quite weird reading.