Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football League Season 04/05

Started by @ssmaster, July 14, 2004, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

Hi all, I have created a fantasy football league for the coming season.

the league is call suncookd and the password to join is A69A9.

You can enter as many teams as you like and you are allowed 3 transfers every month, you will need to get a code to conduct transfers every month (usually from the Herald & Post) but I will provide a link to a forum that posts a code every month. Also if anyone gets a code they could post it in this thread so everyone else can conduct transfers.

Register your team HERE

Rules are HERE

Jet Set Willy

What's wrong with the BBC one?

I don't like it, it includes SPL, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Timmay

Yes, the BBC one was good. I thought it was closed for good now, but from the looks of it the 04/05 season will be the last.

@ssmaster

QuoteWhat's wrong with the BBC one?

I don't like it, it includes SPL, which makes no sense whatsoever.

It's up to you who you decide to join but it is free after all so I don't see where the problem lies?

king mob

Its cool to have SPL players in there, only pity is Henrik Larrson has went to Barcelona so no Larsson & Henry up front.

Doctor Stamen

Is this the Jocko 'breakaway' league they were on about  a few years ago? ;)

I'd prefer to stay with the tried and trusted BBC one, but it doesn't start until about a month into the season so i'll probably register a team here and see how this one goes.

weekender

Well, I'm going for both leagues, best of both worlds.

I don't like this one though, I know fuck all about SPL players.  Although I know enough to know that Celtic will do alright clean-sheet wise, so that's the Celtic keeper and two Celtic defenders straight into my team.

I don't want to give anything away, but Luis Boa-Morte as a striker for 3M?  Bargain of the century, mark my words.

I'm sodding Terry Henry off as well, as decision I'll no doubt regret as I do it every season.

phes

This looks a bit crap, is there no sporting life league???
Well done for setting it up anyway, I'm in.
Beware of Mad John.

Morgan

The BBC fantasy league got closed down with about five others as part of the BBC review thing .  I'll be signing up to this, doing my usual trick of picking the best team by far, going top, then not bothering to make any transfers all season and losing interest.

Timmay

Quote from: "Morgan"The BBC fantasy league got closed down with about five others as part of the BBC review thing .
Quote from: "BBC Fantasy Footy site"The final season of BBC Fantasy Football kicks off on 17 August 2004.

Yes, after four years of running one of the most popular games on the web, BBC Sport will bring the curtain down on Fantasy Football Monthly in May 2005.

Hound

Im not really a regular poster but i think i might have a bash at this. Have you chaps put your real details in when you registered? Im a bit paranoid when it comes to giving out details, but id kick myself if i won one of the prizes, not that ive got any chance.

weekender

Quote from: "Hound"Have you chaps put your real details in when you registered?

Look at the names so far...'glenn miller', 'weekender', 'Aynz', 'Mad John'....like anyone actually has a real name as as stupid as any of those, honestly...

king mob

Yep, its fucking daft names, nobody ever uses their real names on these things.

king mob

Weekender, you have Kevin Davies in your side?????

@ssmaster

*bump*

Are there any other takers for this? There doesn't seem to be the same response as the Euro 2004 fantasy league.

:-(

wheatgod

i would sign up, it just sounds a bit rubbish with the SPL being included as well. just speaking my mind, but it might be more popular if it was solely england

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "@ssmaster"*bump*

Are there any other takers for this? There doesn't seem to be the same response as the Euro 2004 fantasy league.

I'm not too keen on the Scottish dimension either.  I don't know enough about the players and I suspect it would be a waste of money to buy Henry or Van Nistlerooy, only to see them comprehensively ouscored by some flat track bully playing for the Old Firm.

Rubbish Monkey

well i have just signed up.

theres not even that many scottish players to choose from as far as i could tell. most scottish teams included only had one or two players in each position anyway.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"
Quote from: "@ssmaster"*bump*

I'm not too keen on the Scottish dimension either.  I don't know enough about the players and I suspect it would be a waste of money to buy Henry or Van Nistlerooy, only to see them comprehensively ouscored by some flat track bully playing for the Old Firm.

Well the answer is easy, just don't pick any scottish players as Rubbish Monkey says there are only a few anyway.

Jet Set Willy

There's an interesting looking one in the Guardian, starting tomorrow, where you play the role of chairman... makes a lot more sense really doesn't it? Dunno about the game though, have to look at the rules.

Rubbish Monkey

less than a week to go!!*
I think i have finally settled on my team for the time being - no panic transfers and wiping out my team this year!
interestingly - the one we did for the euro champs are now doing a prem'ship one.

*as the Scotch teams begin playing with each other on the 7th....And those unlimited transfers end 11.30am on Sat 7th Aug 04 too!

axel

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"There's an interesting looking one in the Guardian, starting tomorrow, where you play the role of chairman... makes a lot more sense really doesn't it? Dunno about the game though, have to look at the rules.

I'll join, i did surprisingly well on the VW / BBC one last season despite being crap in the office league.

The Guardian one looks very different, you score points in the usual way but also have to buy a manager and get a bonus for how much money you don't spend!

One drawback is they ask you for your credit card details, because mines miles overdrawn i can't play :(

phes

Quick reminder - Transfer amnesty runs out in 20 minutes.

@ssmaster

The first transfer code is  - 2806

@ssmaster

this weeks transfer code is 8240

best use it if you have Lee Hughes because he doesn't have a get out of jail free card.

phes

Quote from: "@ssmaster"this weeks transfer code is 8240

best use it if you have Lee Hughes because he doesn't have a get out of jail free card.

Maybe not, but he probably has more points than most.

axel

BUMP

the transfer code for this week is 6386     ....that's 6386

How's everyone doing?