Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,494
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Silver Linings Play Book [split topic]

Started by turnstyle, February 28, 2013, 09:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnstyle

Silver Linings Play Book.

Gerard Butler and Jennifer Love Hewitt are both down on their luck, and feeling the emotionally effects of having lost a loved one. Butler, fresh out of a spell in a secure mental institute (voiced expertly by Jon Lovitz), returns home to his parents (expertly portrayed by Robert DeNiro and Robert Peston), to try and piece his life back together by reading books about Ernest Hemmingway with unhappy endings.

He meets Love Hewitt on his travels, a recently widowed woman who lives in a garage in her parents garden, without their knowledge. She secretly resides there by impersonating various household objects, such as a tire, an iron, or a tire iron, whenever one of her parents come to get the car. When not in hiding, she practices dancing, dreaming of being a backing dancer for Sir Elton John (played expertly by Sir Elton John).

In Steven Gerrard she sees an escape to a happier life, and they become dancing partners, both focusing on the towns big dance competition (expertly portrayed by that one off Hi-De-Hi who looked a bit 50's and that and did that song on top of the pops).

What follows is an enjoyable romp through the minds of two emotionally sensitive souls (think Forest Gump, Pyscho, and One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing), as they come to terms with life after loss, friendship and dancing.

I'd recommend this film to people who enjoy films, as well as those who possess at least one working eye.

This film is in colour.

8/10