Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Various items missing from the Internet.

Started by VegaLA, March 06, 2013, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

So yeah, the NET is the be all and end all of everything, thanks Google.

HOWEVER, there are still many things from the back of my memory missing from the Internet. Here is a short list I can think of so far.

• The screenplay for Zombie flesh Eaters, as mentioned in another thread on this very forum.

• The trailer for the book, 'Day of the Dog', a serialisation the Sun ran with in the late 70s. They had some trailer of a Dog suddenly looking up at his owner, an old biddy doing some knitting by the fireplace before it started snarling at her. Put the shits up me good and proper before my Dad called the TV watchdog entity and shouted very loudly. It was never broadcast again. Thanks to Cerys (I think) for tracking down what it was from a few years ago.

• The title of the film about Witch sisters that were bumping off their Hubbys. The final scene had the last witch embracing her heroic husband before plunging a crap butter knife into his back. Also a fireplace was in the background. 70s fare which had that Romero look and feel to the film, but NOT Jacks Wife. VerbWhores past and present have tried to locate the film but again, no success.

• Next weeks lottery results.

• The time I got headbutted by a vicar, had it on VHS but lent it to a friend, never to be seen again.

So, do please go ahead and list your lost memories that the Internet should be able to provide you with, and if you know the whereabouts of any items listed in this here thread, do provide the results. Many brains will be put at ease.

Thanks for your times.

glitch

The whole of Round the Bend is available online (and thanks to whoever posted it here) but what about Palace Hill, eh?

massive bereavement

"Either/Or". Nothing of this greatest television game show ever broadcast is online, not even a screen shot, despite being made as recently as 1999.

Either -
Prince Charles
Or -
Heroin.

You must decide.
You must decide.

Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah, I've searched for the above for ages, and posted on obscure message boards / torrent sites, but no one seems to have taped it. Except me. But annoyingly it was thrown out when my Mum moved house in 2003. Don't worry, I've already punished her for this, and then some.

There's no sign of Carla Lane's hilarious sitcom about four recovering alcoholics, I Woke Up One Morning, anywhere either. That's probably less surprising though.

I've also never seen a picture of a naked verbwhore. Searching for CaB Whore does bring up interesting results however.

Edit: "where to find desperate women in their forties london" hasn't given me the advice I was hoping for, annoyingly.

syntaxerror

A copy of 'The Magic Telephone Box' for the BBC Micro. (Interestingly, someone else on CaB was looking for this very same game a few years back, but to no avail

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=13952.0)

thomasina

Macbeth on the Estate.  Dave Chappelle's 'Black Bush'.  Warren Mitchell's 'So you think you've got troubles'.  Edit to correct to Marks and Gran's So you think you've got troubles, starring Warren Mitchell. Wasn't sure who wrote it.

acrow

Quote from: thomasina on March 07, 2013, 01:06:23 AM
Macbeth on the Estate.  Dave Chappelle's 'Black Bush'.  Warren Mitchell's 'So you think you've got troubles'.  Edit to correct to Marks and Gran's So you think you've got troubles, starring Warren Mitchell. Wasn't sure who wrote it.

those first two are both on youtube.

thomasina

The Chappelle thing keeps getting taken down but thanks for the heads up that its back on for now.  Bookmarked Macbeth, brilliant, thank you.

Bingo Fury

A sarcastically-narrated BBC documentary following Kenneth McKellar on a disastrous Scottish tour which disintegrates around him, performers having heart attacks and being carted off in ambulances or sneaking off the tour in the dead of night. Pure gold. But McKellar kicked up a stink and it was never broadcast again. I did once know a folkie who claimed to have a "samizdat" VHS of it, but any attempts to track it down online have come to naught.

zomgmouse

I can't seem to find Sticky Moments, the Julian Clary/Paul Merton thing.

billtheburger

Circa 1980 I had a rocket capsule tent with inflatable tubes instead of poles and a printed interior adorned with numerous dials, buttons, levers. It had a silver finish and was bloody beautiful - even more so with these 36 year old eyes.

A few years ago I wanted to buy one - it seems as though the internet has no idea what I'm talking about.

WesterlyWinds

Phil_A

Any footage of failed Richard Blackwood BBC3 sitcom vehicle "Ed Stone Is Dead". Starting to think it may actually be an urban myth, or something Blackwood invented to make his CV look better.

Ipso Facto - kids filmed documentary strand, early 90s. Notable to me at least for being my first encounter with Monty Python(they featured a clip of the Wacky Queen & Gladstone sketch) in an episode about comedy. Unfortunately everyone must've been taping Press Gang on the other side, because not a trace of it seems to exist

Replies From View

Wet Blanket

A 1980s PIF involving a doll's head being smashed in by a falling iron. Traumatised me as a young 'un.

gilbertharding

Two things I'm waiting for someone to upload on youtube/etc:

1. The Walking Seeds/Bevis Frond album The Sensory Deprivation Chamber Quartet
2. The MC5s version of 19th Nervous Breakdown.

Can you please hurry up?

The Masked Unit

The internet lacks any information whatsoever on a type of trouser we used to wear in the early 90s called Jammers (that was the brand name). To anybody unfamiliar, they were remarkably baggy and more often than not came in a thick corduroy, although denim ones were available as well, and often had lots of pockets.

Generally speaking they were worn tucked into your (diamond patterned) socks with the baggy bit hanging over, leaving your Air Max/Jordans on display, but the main feature of them was that the seat of the trouser was made from a different material, usually with a garish pattern on it - the kind of thing you wouldn't bat an eyelid at if you saw it being used to upholster a bus or train seat from the same era. Round about '92 at the height of rave culture any teenage boy worth his salt would wear them, usually paired with a long sleeved T-Shirt with some kind of mainstream logo subverted with a drugs reference on the front (a classic example being the Rice Crispies logo/cartoon with the Snap, Crackle and Pop characters stood around a bowl of drugs beneath the legend "Nice Tripsies").

I've often wondered if this was a very regional thing (I'm from East Devon, and the only place you could buy them was a club-wear/music shop called Rockafellas in Exeter), or whether ravers/wannabe raver teenagers across the country were dressed in these ridiculous things.

billyandthecloneasaurus

I've mentioned it before, but whatever.

The song itself is on the internet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ss7aCw2cY

But any trace of who is responsible for it is not.

I've googled the lyrics, I've asked on forums and even asked Richard Herring and Eddie Argos from Art Brut if they could help me out[nb]They couldn't.[/nb], but I still can't find out.

Cerys

Quote from: billtheburger on March 07, 2013, 08:27:02 AM
Circa 1980 I had a rocket capsule tent with inflatable tubes instead of poles and a printed interior adorned with numerous dials, buttons, levers. It had a silver finish and was bloody beautiful - even more so with these 36 year old eyes.

A few years ago I wanted to buy one - it seems as though the internet has no idea what I'm talking about.

This kind of thing, you mean?

copyingdogs

The footage of Jimi Hendrix recording Voodoo Chile in the studio. The actual version on record was captured on video, but no one knows where the footage is...

non capisco

James Harries on Wogan, not the first more famous appearance when he was a pre-teen but a later one on what might have been a daytime show where a nascent Frank Skinner was Wogan's stooge and took Harries to task for haughtily saying something like "Now, you listen here, Wogan...". A bleaker James Harries artifact would be an early morning kids 'discussion' programme I remember seeing where a bunch of 10 to 12 year olds where sat round on benches arranged in an oval shape to talk about the issues of the day or whatever and Harries was wheeled out as basically a sideshow freak to be thrown to these prepubescent lions. It was fucking grim. At one point he was asked by the adult host of the show a leading question about his friends to which he inevitably responded 'Well, I don't have any friends, I don't need them' to the bared teeth and tumultuous jeers of all the children assembled. Fuck knows what that was but it wasn't pleasant.

A mate of mine from Glasgow getting interviewed by a French TV news crew on 7/7/05 on the evening after the London bombings, half cut outside a London pub, going into some long, exaggerated faux-Braveheart rant about how "THEY WILLNAE TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!" and getting a spontaneous round of applause from everyone around him, the French guys apparently ecstatic with gratitude for the hearty display of defiance they'd captured. Looked for this for ages, nothing. No idea if it was ever even transmitted.

Thomas

A good quality upload of the iceberg collision scene from James Cameron's Titanic.[nb]There's one with a few captions and additions by the uploader, but I mean clean. And HD. It's not 2004, is it?[/nb]

It's a really good scene, I reckon, and I last year I wanted to compare it to the pisspoor effort in ITV's miniseries. Its glaring absence from the web meant I ended up completely unable to. I'd use my old DVD of the 1997 film but, in my early teenage years, it got scratched and juttery from constant pausings and rewindings. Of the iceberg scene, obviously.

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 07, 2013, 03:24:36 AM
Didn't Joan Collins take some brutal legal action against Clary? If the show even mentions the Joan Collins Fan Club you probably can't watch it till the year 3,000,006.

Blue Jam

Funny, I was thinking of posting a similar thread in Picture Box... I have been unable to find any of the following:

Super Science With Bez. Looking on YouTube now I see there are a couple of clips from The Sunday Show which look like they're from VHS recordings, but I couldn't find any at all the last time I looked, and neither of the clips up now feature Bez.

Lenny Henry as Squeako the Scouser. Maybe this was me growing up in a Scouse house where all crap Scouse comedy was tolerated enjoyed, but for a while Squeako seemed to be everywhere. I even remember him doing an ad for some bottled water company, peddling his own brand named Squeak Eau, but that is nowhere to be found either.

Scouse from Neighbours. He was only in two episodes and yet everyone remembers him, so appalling was his attempt at the Liverpool accent... and yet it seems no-one managed to record his appalling attempt for posterity.

small_world

A half decent drainer for dishes, something that actually is of some use.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Ronnie the Raincoat

Tons of the Play for Todays.  I want to watch the Spongers again as I failed to kill myself the first time I saw it.

PaulTMA

Glenn Mederios on Juke Box Jury
Captain Sensible pouring a bottle of red wine over obese Australian VJ Jono, on VH-1, in front of Motorhead and the singer of Silver Sun (I have this on VHS though)
Tiny from Ultrasound gobbing all over himself during a performance of 'Stay Young' at Glastonbury 1998
Denim ruining the intro jam from an early, live 'Later' by playing an unplanned version of 'Crocodile Rock', much to Jools' visible annoyance

zomgmouse

Quote from: Ernst Julius Opik on March 08, 2013, 12:22:42 AM
Didn't Joan Collins take some brutal legal action against Clary? If the show even mentions the Joan Collins Fan Club you probably can't watch it till the year 3,000,006.
I've no idea. The Joan Collins Fan Club was his stage act, so I'm not sure if that would have been referred to in the show.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 07, 2013, 03:24:36 AM
There's at least two ten minute segments of it on Youtube. Unless you're on about something else?