Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:05:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Various items missing from the Internet.

Started by VegaLA, March 06, 2013, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Masked Unit

I never saw that but I've certainly heard of it.

Sasha

Quote from: Junglist on March 13, 2013, 12:35:09 PM
There's SD, 720p or 1080p on Passthepopcorn. I'm also doing a Handbrake encode of The Sexual Story of O (1984) tomorrow.

I could grab the SD (DivX) and up it to a Dropbox for ya?

Oh yes please, I  am considering buying it, but I shudder at the price.  Has it ever been on TV?

On  similar note, I am also looking to re watch " Justine" by de sade.  Its a very good film, if you're into that sort of thing.

Junglist

Quote from: Sasha on March 13, 2013, 05:30:46 PM
Oh yes please, I  am considering buying it, but I shudder at the price.  Has it ever been on TV?

On  similar note, I am also looking to re watch " Justine" by de sade.  Its a very good film, if you're into that sort of thing.

Downloading and will up for ya tomorrow and PM the dropbox details. I have no interest in watching any of them, I'm just currently addicted to encoding.

EDIT: Actually mate, its on kat.ph if you wanna grab it from there.

VegaLA

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on March 07, 2013, 10:20:05 AM
Why did you get headbutted by a vicar?

I'll get to that later, but for now it involves a crap synth group, Bizzare Love triangle bassline on an endless loop courtesy of some Amiga 500 software and a live performance at a Youth club circa 1988. Terrible.

A few more treasure have been dug up from memory for no reason at all.

That story about some kid that loves his Horror films, gets bullied at his flats and ends up taking an elevator to the depths of the building where he starts hanging out with a Vampire and other assorted horror icons. A poster here did find it on YT or some BT client and I managed to get hold of it a year or two back but have since lost it.

More importanty, 'The Kings Dragon' (I remembered the title, not bad eh?) some 'Watch and learn' serial we were forced to watch at school as kiddies but I rather enjoyed it to be honest. So much so I made my own version of the gold band out of clay then buried it at Sutton Rec off Collingwood Road. Never to be seen again. Much like the TV serial.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: VegaLA on March 13, 2013, 09:48:53 PM
A few more treasure have been dug up from memory for no reason at all.

That story about some kid that loves his Horror films, gets bullied at his flats and ends up taking an elevator to the depths of the building where he starts hanging out with a Vampire and other assorted horror icons. A poster here did find it on YT or some BT client and I managed to get hold of it a year or two back but have since lost it.

More importanty, 'The Kings Dragon' (I remembered the title, not bad eh?) some 'Watch and learn' serial we were forced to watch at school as kiddies but I rather enjoyed it to be honest. So much so I made my own version of the gold band out of clay then buried it at Sutton Rec off Collingwood Road. Never to be seen again. Much like the TV serial.

First one sounds a bit like King Of The Castle (regional ITV thing, got released by network but possibly deleted by now - from what I've read more surreal/Alice in wonderland influanced than horror[nb][/nb])
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180363/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

second Through The Dragons Eye from Look & Read.

eta: re King Of The Castle part of episode one on youtube
dvd release
Roobarbs dvd forum thread

Through the dragons eye - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MXx9xej10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_The_Dragon's_Eye

eta2: scratch that there's an earlier serial called the Kings dragon http://www.broadcastforschools.co.uk/site/Look_and_Read/The_King's_Dragon
No sign on youtube but got repeated up to 2007 so might be on a torrent site.

VegaLA

'King of the castle' is correct and i'm sure no less then 2 years ago a kindly VerbWhore pointed my way to a BT of it. I did have it on my fileserver before that crappy GREEN WD drive gave way! Had that welsh guy from Dr Who story 'The Green Death' in it. I think he wa the caretaker that was in fact the head Vamp or something.

Surprised to hear 'The Kings Dragon' was repeated on TV up to 2007. Thought that had been dead and buried as far back as the 70s so yes, i'll give that another hunt.

Thank you Ma'am.

Icehaven

I started a thread about this in Picture Box, but it fits here too. The Gambler, 3 part documentary made in 2000, following a journalist and gambling addict around the world's gambling spots, having given him £12,000 (obviously he's not allowed to just chuck it all on one horse, even though he admits that's what he wants to do, he has to make it last). It's brilliant mostly because the bloke, Jonathan Rendall (who also wrote it, and the book it's based on), is extremely charismatic, dry and funny and occasionally pathetic and he knows it, slagging off bookies and desperately trying to find a TV to see a race. It's the kind of thing that just doesn't seem to be made anymore, the mix of general and personal is markedly subtler than current documentary trends, and the contrived jeopardy is underplayed really well, whereas if it was made now it'd be all hyperbole and hysterics and Elbow's One Day Like This every time he won.
I've only seen about 3/4s of part 2, as I just chanced upon it on More4 last Saturday (unfortunately it's being shown as a tribute him as he died in February) Anyway, as I bemoaned on the other thread, it's not on 4OD, youtube or any torrent sites I've found, and although I took up the advice to try emailing the producer and director, that's drawn a blank so far (although it's only been a few days) If anyone could locate a copy so I could see the rest of it, there wouldn't be enough karma points in the world. Meanwhile, the last part is on this Saturday at about Midnightish, if anyone's interested. 

zomgmouse

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on March 13, 2013, 01:56:04 PM
Stella Street series four.
I may have this on my hard drive, but I can't tell you off the top of my head; I'll let you know when I get home.

EDIT: No, my mistake.

billtheburger

I went South again this weekend and it occurred to me that there used to be a massive fence on display to the commuters on the M40 with the words "WHY DO I DO THIS EVERY DAY?" painted upon it.

Did no one ever take a photo of this graffiti? Because it's impossible (for me)  to find it archived on the internet.

doppelkorn

Most of the items that I can't find on the internet amount to information about actresses whom I might google to find naked images/screengrabs of. I can't believe my life has come to the point where I'm typing this.

To give you an idea of the sort of stuff I mean, you know that bit in the Father Ted milkfloat episode where Dougal delivers milk to those women[nb]who were "IN THE NIP!"[/nb]? Yeah.

Blumf

That's a point; I just checked, there is no rule 34 of Father Ted!! There is slash though

VegaLA

While we're at it.

I used to have a fine collection of Bootlegs of The Sisters of Mercy, courtesy of Kensington Market. They still exist, in record form at my parents house, but ev ery time I search for these gems online no such luck. I'd have thought a Bootleg BT site would be popular but cannot for the life of me find one.

Was I really the only sad bastard buying these things from Kensington and Camden market?

Oh, and I see Kensington Market no longer exists.

Marty McFly

There's currently 48 Sisters of Mercy bootlegs on dimeadozen.org, VegaLA. I've found some truly amazing things on this site over the years, keep checking it regularly.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-signup.php

Nuclear Optimism

Shirley Ghostman's character sinking appearance on Jonathan Ross. Well, it's not on YouTube anyway.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on March 19, 2013, 05:32:57 PM
Shirley Ghostman's character sinking appearance on Jonathan Ross. Well, it's not on YouTube anyway.

It seems to get removed within hours every time it's posted there, it's almost like Marc Wooton specifically employs someone to check that no one's uploaded it.

Some kind soul did have it on here years ago and put up a sendspace link, and I had it for a while, though can't find it now annoyingly.

VegaLA

Quote from: Marty McFly on March 19, 2013, 05:14:04 PM
There's currently 48 Sisters of Mercy bootlegs on dimeadozen.org, VegaLA. I've found some truly amazing things on this site over the years, keep checking it regularly.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-signup.php

My word.... Thank you very much. That will keep me occupied. I do hope they have the pereormance where Andy belts out Kylie's 'Confide in me'.

acrow

rik mayall's audiobook reading of philip ridley's book krindlekrax apparently does not exist. well it does, but the one person who owns it wants $100 or so for it. so it doesn't.

Junglist

EDIT: Found it on youtube.

Bingo Fury

Elvis Costello, Glastonbury, 1988. He did an acoustic set, which I was really enjoying - including a version of "Heathen Town" which poked fun at both The Beastie Boys and George Michael - but one of my friends got bored and dragged us away before the encores, with the same refrain ("let's go and see what else is on") she'd been spoiling every performance with that weekend. Next morning, I found that when Costello reappeared for his encore the curtains had parted, revealing The Attractions, who went on to play an entire full-band set.

Some time later, I got hold of a double-cassette audience recording of the entire thing. Incredible version of "Knowing Me, Knowing You" kicked off the Attractions set. However, I haven't had a machine to play cassettes on for a few years now, and the tapes are boxed up in my dad's attic anyway. Occasionally, I'll do a search online but no cigar, yet.

Marty McFly

Quote from: Bingo Fury on March 29, 2013, 02:22:01 PM
Elvis Costello, Glastonbury, 1988. He did an acoustic set, which I was really enjoying - including a version of "Heathen Town" which poked fun at both The Beastie Boys and George Michael - but one of my friends got bored and dragged us away before the encores, with the same refrain ("let's go and see what else is on") she'd been spoiling every performance with that weekend. Next morning, I found that when Costello reappeared for his encore the curtains had parted, revealing The Attractions, who went on to play an entire full-band set.

Some time later, I got hold of a double-cassette audience recording of the entire thing. Incredible version of "Knowing Me, Knowing You" kicked off the Attractions set. However, I haven't had a machine to play cassettes on for a few years now, and the tapes are boxed up in my dad's attic anyway. Occasionally, I'll do a search online but no cigar, yet.

looks like it was 1987

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=432266

massive bereavement

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 07, 2013, 12:06:20 AM

the game show "Either / Or"

Yeah, I've searched for the above for ages, and posted on obscure message boards / torrent sites, but no one seems to have taped it. Except me. But annoyingly it was thrown out when my Mum moved house in 2003. Don't worry, I've already punished her for this, and then some.

Have found the theme tune to "Either/Or", which - for those who never saw it - is a good representation of just how out-there this TV game show was.
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/15736098/file.html

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Bingo Fury on March 07, 2013, 02:25:13 AM
A sarcastically-narrated BBC documentary following Kenneth McKellar on a disastrous Scottish tour which disintegrates around him, performers having heart attacks and being carted off in ambulances or sneaking off the tour in the dead of night. Pure gold. But McKellar kicked up a stink and it was never broadcast again. I did once know a folkie who claimed to have a "samizdat" VHS of it, but any attempts to track it down online have come to naught.

It was Calum Kennedy, not Kenneth McKellar. Haven't got it, sorry.

Famous Mortimer

It does seem to be around and about - http://www.footstompin.com/forum/1/974/1 - for example, has several people who claim to have it on VHS (although the thread is several years old).

Bingo Fury

Quote from: Jake Thingray on April 09, 2013, 05:22:16 PM
It was Calum Kennedy, not Kenneth McKellar.

Seriously? Shit, sorry, folks. Well, I am trying to remember nearly 30 years back into my own hazy past. Thanks for the correction, Jake.

Brundle-Fly

Any images of Kinky Dan bubble gum and stickers that were popular round my way in the mid-Seventies. I Googled it a few years ago. Never again.

jenna appleseed

just searched Calum Kennedy
Wiki says "The BBC produced a programme in the early 1980s called Calum Kennedy's Commando Course, which documented (in hilarious fashion, although this was originally unintentional) a disastrous tour around the Scottish Highlands in an old bus. As more and more of his cast left the tour, a red marker pen was shown erasing them from a promotional poster. Kennedy was not happy about this programme being shown, as he felt it ridiculed him, but it has since gone down as a piece of classic television. He died, aged 77, in Aberdeen."

jenna appleseed

Brundle-Fly

Jackson K Pollock

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on March 13, 2013, 01:56:04 PM
Stella Street series four.

Turns out a nice fella uploaded these to Youtube a few months ago - I watched them tonight, and apart from the largely mirthless final 2 episodes, the rest of it's pretty much on a par with series one to three![nb]I know someone was looking for this in another thread recently, but I can't for the life of me remember which thread it was, so I hope they happen to stumble across this.[/nb]

Here's ep one, the rest are on the same channel: http://youtu.be/IQGva6HnXhc

HappyTree

Canny find fer love nor money the mid-to-late 80s comedy series Coming Next that starred Chris Barrie, with Hale & Pace and saucy brunette temptress Carla Mendonça. I used to have a few episodes on VHS taped off the telly and would pay top dollar (a couple of quid) to see them again.

Highlights included Jesus being asked to fix a broken alarm clock, some take-off of Eastenders where everyone's posh (probably called Westenders) and a whole series of sketches set in the village of Viscount Prince, a parody of Vincent Price. Oh, and Barrie making fun of the first Blackadder character. "Ah yes, Father Grant Russell, fat abbot of Frinton, who was suspected of making a pact with the devil in return for the gift of second sight and a large sticky bun."

And if that might include the even rarer comedy show with the same comedy troupe that preceded it, Pushing Up Daisies, that would be of course even better.