Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Vinyl Finds

Started by Head Gardener, March 12, 2013, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

picked up additions to my collection of recordings of aircraft and the Isle of Man T.T. motorcycle race at the weekend
(I guess someone has to collect this stuff!)

watch the skies!

Olarrio

I picked up Tender Pervert by Momus at the weekend from Oxfam for £3.99. I bought it purely for the title and the fact it was on Creation so figured it'd probably be worth a listen. S'alright.

Head Gardener

I also collect records about Space, sex, BBC, and trains - though I inherited a lot of those from my dad

Brundle-Fly

1980 Venezuelan crossover progressive rock LP ---49p

Absorb the anus burn

I got this last week for a tenner.... Repressed 180 gm LP. It's the fucking bees knees.

babyshambler

There's something chilling about the thought of listening to a recording of actual WW2 dogfights.

Head Gardener

Quote from: babyshambler on March 16, 2013, 01:15:40 AM
There's something chilling about the thought of listening to a recording of actual WW2 dogfights.

even grimmer is an album I have of WW1 poetry which is sooo sad

Head Gardener

a nice stash of MGM 10" albums yesterday for a tenner the lot,
the vinyl are all excellent but some of the sleeves have seen better days...

I just managed to temporarily convince someone that this 5-minute Photoshop job was a real 12" I'd won on Ebay, and that it was a hastily deleted cash-in single that was only released in Japan on the back of the success of 'Pocket Calculator'. 

I'm so lonely.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on March 18, 2013, 10:13:21 AM

I'm so lonely.

maybe, but after listening to those Hank Williams records I'm lonely and blue

jenna appleseed

from the realms of buying crap just as proof it really exists.
Mini - pops The album [nb]eta: I know the history - from TV hell onwards  & how it was actually innocent, just kids trying to outvie each over with make up etc. but yeah...[/nb]

Seen it online but not the same as finding the real thing for 50p, right at the front of the charity shop record box, complete with public visible shock/glee/ laughter &  why did nobody realise that photo makes them look like a child prostitute, why -ness? + laughing at the kids as Buggles.

jenna appleseed

It's past midnight and I'm posting about Mini Pops.
Fuck my life.

Head Gardener

Saturday's car boot yielded fresh additions to my stash of kids records

Head Gardener

Picked up some lovely 78's recently including these 2 from The Wizard Of Oz :

The Scarecrow's song - If I Only Had a Brain

The Tin Man's song : If I Only Had a Heart

the classic song

this song on the flip was withdrawn from the original film

Head Gardener

I picked up 2 of these old Avenue competition EPs recently
and one has T in the intro and the other E - only 3 more to find!

The Letter T

listen : The Letter E - Black Night

jenna appleseed

Those titles on that second one make one sick story - it's like they're threatening to hang themselves then come back and haunt them.

the psyche intangible

Quote from: jenna appleseed on March 29, 2013, 12:24:27 AM
from the realms of buying crap just as proof it really exists.
Mini - pops The album [nb]eta: I know the history - from TV hell onwards  & how it was actually innocent, just kids trying to outvie each over with make up etc. but yeah...[/nb]

Seen it online but not the same as finding the real thing for 50p, right at the front of the charity shop record box, complete with public visible shock/glee/ laughter &  why did nobody realise that photo makes them look like a child prostitute, why -ness? + laughing at the kids as Buggles.

I also have that lp, I found it in a house I moved into years ago and within a week I inked in some speech bubbles on the cover, fuck my boy arse, etc.

Look at these cunts with all their records... http://www.dustandgrooves.com/archives/

doppelkorn

Not really a "find" so much as a deal. Thanks to another forum I picked up 76 classic hip hop LPs and 12"s for £76 including 36 Chambers, Reasonable Doubt, Amerikka's Most Wanted, Marshall Mathers LP and, erm, some others.

Full list here.

Contains some crap but mainly gold.

the psyche intangible

biniput

I have seen the Douglas Bader album and did nearly buy it. My own interests at car boots etc is Kate bush, comedy and adverts or TV themes along with old novelty stuff. I think I might start to contribute to this thread as I do love "discovering" stuff in odd places even if whatever I have is worthless to everyone else. There's a bloke who has started selling albums for a £1 and 50 singles at the local action mart who has all I need in abundance so I should be getting a good collection from him alone as he is selling old record stock off on the cheap from a vinyl store that had to shut down.

Brundle-Fly

Got this last week. Unlistenable today, full of typos on the sleeve notes, but a lovely bright cover.

QtheRaider

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 12, 2013, 05:50:30 PM
picked up additions to my collection of recordings of aircraft and the Isle of Man T.T. motorcycle race at the weekend
(I guess someone has to collect this stuff!)

watch the skies!

I looked at this yesterday and thought i've never come across these albums before and blow me I found 8 of them today in Basingstoke, 7 from 1960 - 1963 &  1 10" from 1958.   

Strange to see people so excited by what I can only describe as charity shop tat.

Head Gardener

QuoteStrange to see people so excited by what I can only describe as charity shop tat

there are higher levels of Charity Shop tat! you might like my blog of Charity Shop blog : http://headgardener.tumblr.com/

never seen this 7" before, but then it only comes around once every 75 years

and it was composed by a real Werewolf!

not an LP but an EP - it originally came with a set of slides, sadly missing

lovely 60's EP of Swedish birds but sadly just bird-sounds

Swedish EP by the famous vocal coach and soprano

2 more Swedish EP's of Folk music

I'll grant you those Swedish folk music EPs but come on, most of this thread is Music For Pleasure/Mrs. Mills/Great War Time Singalongs guff.

Head Gardener

some nice 7" that I picked up at the Reading fair on Monday

from their infamous 1975 season

Why So Pale & Wan : hear - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/aajvbdmr4ajw8o6/Pale_%26_Wan.mp3

I was aware of the Roger Glover album with (Love Is All) but I never knew this 7" even existed!

A side : http://www.mediafire.com/listen/uzduwx21f6zmxu2/BB1.mp3
B side : http://www.mediafire.com/listen/mu2et0p16nlxwy9/BB2.mp3

the only Twickenham streaker to make a Christmas single

John Peel's favourite Scottish poet released this in 1961

Head Gardener

advertising single to promote Lever Brothers, makers of fine household products since 1885 - hear here

sadly not THE Eagles! this EP is from 1962

cover versions of both of the Carl Douglas hits

I remember seeing this band at the Reading Festival in 1979 so they must have left an impression,
this is the first time I've actually found one of their records and it turns out to be pretty good!

have not listened to this album yet but it could be interesting...

cheesy but well funky cover versions on US Pickwick from 1978

unusual England FC single from 1975 with dodgy lyrics! sample -

Here we are, here we are
The super whites are England's heroes
Here we are, here we are
The super whites are England's pride
In this next world cup we won't give up
We'll climb the highest heights
Through the wind and rain we'll play the game
England's super whites
We'll give our best against the rest
We'll fight with all our might
So come along and sing our song
England's super whites

England! England! England! England!

listen to it : Here We Are 

Absorb the anus burn

These really floored me.

Tonight I plan a night on the tiles, wearing down the souls soles of my shoes.