Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:22:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Vinyl Finds

Started by Head Gardener, March 12, 2013, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrunkCountry

A handful of stuff from a pile I picked up in charity & secondhand record stores over the past week or so.

25p. Vinyl is near perfect (some slight surface marks), as is the inner sleeve; outer is scuffed/loved.

25p. Storage bent/marked cover, vinyl looks hardly played.

25p. Plays very nicely, vinyl has a few scuffs but overall is very clean; cover not too bad, some scuffs & a dent on top spine; inner = not bad at all, almost no handling marks.

25p. Bought purely out of curiosity as I didn't think this album would have been released on vinyl given the year of release/CD predominance etc.  Outer is a bit scuffed & roughed up, but the inner sleeve & vinyl looked untouched when I pulled them out.

99p eBay purchase (+ £2.70 p&p)

Sticker tear in top right corner & a couple of mildly tatty edges, but apart from that the inner & vinyl are near mint.

NattyDread

Quote from: the psyche intangible on June 02, 2014, 08:30:11 PM
Nobody cares but for the record this is the new amp...

That's very nice. I have nothing but bother with old amps, but stick with them as they look great and sound tremendous when working. Especially in a nice vinyl setup.

DrunkCountry

Some great bargains via eBay & secondhand record stores recently.

Breeders - Pod £5 secondhand store

I've been looking for this on original vinyl for about a year & have had about 5 near misses on eBay when trying to buy this. All previous auctions ended up in the £25-£30 region. I was just bimbling about a secondhand store today, looking through the alphabetical piles, when I spotted this. Then I spotted the £5 sticker. Then I checked the inner & vinyl & was ridiculously excited when I saw they're in top nick. Result!

LOVE this album. Love it. Everything about it is fucking ace.

Tom Waits - Big Time £4 secondhand

This has an import cut in the top left corner - something, along with the 'import hole punch', that I hated throughout the '80s & '90s esp. as I was buying more vinyl on import than domestically. Apart from that & a few spine scuffs, the cover, inner & vinyl are pretty sound.

Been after an original vinyl version of this for ages (I bought the VHS, CD & tape versions when it came out as they had more songs - sad, I know) but it's sometimes hard to find & when it does appear it can be anywhere between £20 & £50 depending on where you look.

Superb 'live' album set.

REM - Automatic For The People £4 secondhand

Despite the mawkishness & syrupy production on a lot of the songs on Automatic... I think it's a solid pop album. Nicely looked after cover & inner & the vinyl is mint.

REM - Out Of Time £4 secondhand

I could have had gone nuts buying REM vinyl from this one shop as they had quite a bit in stock at not so bad prices, but I restricted myself to the above & this fellah. The inner sleeve needed some glue on the seam, but apart from that it's a damn fine copy of the album. Another solid left field pop album & Country Feedback remains one of the best throwaway songs they've ever committed to record.

Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues £2 eBay + £2.50 p&p

German first pressing /  'LENT FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. Any sale or transfer is prohibited & void. SUBJECT TO RETURN UPON DEMAND BY OWNER WEA RECORDS LTD. Acceptance of this recording constitues agreement of the above.' gold inlay / stamp notice on the back cover.

Another eBay auction that said one thing in the listing which differed wildly from reality. The cover is in top nick, a bit of wear loss to the gold stamp, but that's about it overall. The cover is still quite boxy feeling & hasn't been squashed too much at all. However, the vinyl is a pig's arse. The listing had it at VG++ with some hairline marks, relaity = ice skating rink levels of surface scratching & marks. Needs a massive clean to get rid of some ingrained dirt. Pops & hisses like a fucker, but I have faith I can clean her up right smart like.

I mentioned to the seller that his description was way wide of the mark & without a word he refunded me everything incl. p&p. Which was nice.

lazyhour

Automatic For The People goes for decent money in really good nick, too. Nice finds!

Head Gardener

the boots were pretty thin on the ground today but I found some nice bits n bobs

UK to Denmark export issue

bootleg of 60's recordings, sleeve was a bit tatty but the vinyl is sweet

Xmas instrumentals, dunno what they were smoking at Charisma HQ but it must have been strong

features clips of jingles and DJ's prattling on, unfortunately it's all rather self indulgent
and not in the same league as Capitol's Kenny Everett but you can tell they wish they were

8 track Cornish radio jingles selection

JC's debut 7"

probably released in the wake of the great Bingo craze of 1973
it sounds suspiciously like My Old Man's A Dustman to me

sketches written by half the future Monty Python team as well as 2 of The Goodies + Barry Cryer

is there a weirder looking sleeve for an LP released on the budget World Record Club label?
dodgy looking DJ's dozen if you ask me

loving the pun on the sleeve, I nearly had a harp attack!

Oh Brother Where Art Thou? eat your heart out

most folks seemed to have not known what this great LP was as it had been sitting in a well thumbed box

DrunkCountry

Head Gardener

boot finds today

knew nothing about this but I liked the sleeve - released on Up Front in '70

this was in even better nick than my copy

£1.50 - I didn't even haggle

all 4 in the same £1 box

lovely chilled reggae

how sweet to come across the full set!

lovely Welsh Folk EP from '68

lazyhour

We got up earlier than usual and headed to our local boot fair this morning. I was very lucky to go through a pile of great 12"s and LPs - apparently the seller's sister 'used to be a DJ' and was he was selling her unwanted stuff. I got some Bauhaus-related stuff, an Einstürzende Neubauten 12", some nice latin jazz-fusion LPs, a Philip Glass album, a post-punk/industrial comp on Beggars Banquet, a couple of African soukous LPs, some rare acid house 12"s, a Foetus EP, some weird ambient/psy-trance/acid stuff, a Wolfgang Press 12"... I'm so pleased - they are all in near-mint condition, and were all roughly 60p each! Probably the single best car-boot record haul I've ever had! The only gutting thing is that the guy had also done a Saturday car boot, and said he'd sold about 50 of the records then - gawd knows what treasures those buyers got.

But the story behind the story is that I also bought an ION portable turntable that I was assured worked, for the too-good-to-be-true price of £1.80. Got it home and it didn't work. I opened the thing up, poked and prodded, pushed in wobbly components, replaced the heavily-corroded battery connectors... and 90 minutes later I'd got the effing thing working!

Oh, and I got this awesome Wonder Woman book for 50p. Best Sunday ever!

DrunkCountry

Some recent eBay wins (June/July).

I've been dead lucky recently with some combined wins from people[nb]regular Janes & Joes rather than dealers or retail fronts[/nb] selling large private collections.

Sugarcubes - Here Today Tomorrow Next Week £2 + £2.75p&p eBay, Mint.

I originally bought this, on vinyl, when it came out. I didn't realise this had walked from my collection until about 3-4 months ago. Saw it on eBay by chance at a silly low price (seen mint first presses go for £40) & threw a bid at it. & it stuck. No one else bid for the 9days it was up. Re, as I sometimes say, sult.

Love this record. It's an ambitious sprawling mess & it's delightful for it. I was 50/50 on the shared vocal thing back in my yout, but I appreciate it a hell of a lot more now. I reckon you can hear early indicators of where Bjork went next in this album's music.

Tom Waits - Bounced Checks £2 + £2.75p&p eBay, German First Press

This is a completist's purchase, if I'm honest. Great tracklist, all told. Unfortunately the album condition was way off the eBay description. I was disappointed but wasn't so fussed because, apart from the ice rink surface marks, which gave the record a lovely warm crackle, the 2 jump scratches (that weren't listed by the seller) weren't that bothersome as they come at a time it's unnoticeable apart from the pop.

I did tell the seller I was a bit disappointed his VG+++ rating of the album as a whole was a bit off & pointed out the scratches, surface marks/noise etc. But thanked him for the auction, which was real cheap dollar .

An hour later I received an email from Paypal with a note from the seller explaining he'd graded by sight & not by playing & so was sorry he was way off with his 'guess'. He'd refunded all costs as a gesture of goodwill & said I could keep the LP or give it to charity (I'm keeping it). That was nice. I didn't ask for a refund.

It does make me wonder, though, because each time this has happened in the past, where a seller leaves off crucial/obvious info & exagerates the condition, then I contact to say the item's not as described, sellers almost always immediately refund everything w/o prior contact. They already know, don't they?

Daniel Johnston - Fear Yourself £6.50 + £3.90 p&p eBay

Coppertree Records' Daniel Johnston releases are things of beauty. They know how to use white & DJ's art is so fucking vivid in these formats. Lovely records.

This is a near mint copy of the album (first press 2008, un-numbered ltd. edition of 1000), with only a few pressure dents on the edges of the sleeve opening. The vinyl is pristine; the seller stated he'd only played it once. The record feels & looks beautiful. Apparently, a bloke in Cardiff worked on the design/layout of some of these CR/DJ releases.

Daniel Dale Johnston - Rejected Unknown £8 + £3.50 p&p eBay, Mint.

This is beautiful. Lovely packaging. Double LP, gatefold cover, full colour/folded lyric insert + 2-sided glossy DJ art print. The vinyl is magnificently heavy/solid, too. Gorgeous thing.

Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender £7 secondhand

Mint. Still in celophane wrapper, but opened for access. Played once, apparently. It's where my love affair with JN starts & ends, I think.

Talking Heads - Naked Part of a 3 LP bundle on eBay, won for £6.51 in total + £2.80 p&p

First UK press, excellent condition. Fantastic album. This reminds me of an ex who used to put this or Remain In Light on & dance to it while she cooked or cleaned the house. She also used to listen to these albums when she had her period. To control/get rid of the terrible cramps she suffered, she'd bounce up & down on a mini trampoline to the music in her front room.

Talking Heads - Remain In Light Part of the same 3 LP £6.51 + £2.80 p&p eBay bundle.

First UK press, excellent condition.

The 3rd LP in the bundle was Little Creatures (another the ex would dementedly bop along to while carrying out chores), which was also a first UK press & in superb condition, which wasn't the album I was really after in the deal as I already have a copy but it is in better nick than my original.

REM - Green £4 + £2.80 p&p eBay. UK First Press, Mint.

Stonkingly good condition. Excellent find. Sole bidder, too.

Talking Heads - '77 £2.70 eBay + p&p (part of another 3 auction bundle; combined postage = £4.90)

First UK pressing, immaculate vinyl, sleeve = near mint+.

This auction had been on-line for 14 days & someone else had been the sole bidder at 99p throughout. At 30secs to go I threw in a speculative £3 bid, thinking I wouldn't get anywhere near the other bidder's top end given the record, & I won.

I did miss out on one other Talking Heads LP as part of this bundle, the double live The Name Of This Band Is... first UK press in gorgeous condition, as I was too slow to react to a final bid in the dying seconds. It went for £2.90. Nevermind.

This purchase continues my obsession with Talking Heads on vinyl. Replacing a few I've owned in the past but mostly upgrading[nb]yes, that's correct. Upgrading. To vinyl.[/nb] from the cassettes & CDs I bought in the '80s & '90s.

Talking Heads - Fear Of Music £1.24 eBay + p&p (part of same 3 auction bundle; combined postage = £4.90)

First UK press. Vinyl is near mint, a few passages of surface noise & a couple of very loud pops, but overall a lovely example. Sleeve is, as you can see, a bit loved, but the printed lyric inner's in very good nick.

I was the only bidder, with a £3 cap, for 13 days 59mins 30secs, when another bidder bumped it from 99p to £1.24 & then gave up.

Fantastic album. Eno's all over it.

Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville £13 eBay + p&p (part of same 3 auction bundle; combined p&p = £4.90)

1st UK press, inners & vinyl & outer in NM+ condition. Plays beautifully.

Been a Liz Phair fan since Whip Smart came out. I remember getting handed Exile on CD to listen to by my then Boss (good man, he knew his indie shit) while at the same time I was listening to Happiness by Lisa Germano & Drugstore's s/t.

Those 3 albums were on back to back repeat for months. It's funny how albums like this seem to cngregate around times of relationship strife. Those 3 LPs will always remind me of a certain person & period that got a bit mad. 20s, yo.

This is a big find for me. I was only saying a few weeks ago that this album was towards the top of my 'must have' list but it was almost impossible to find a first press & almost impossible to find a UK first press at a sensible price.

Then this lovely fellah put this up on eBay with a starting price of £4.99. I was sole bidder, with a £15 cap, up until the final 20mins when another bidder threw a handful of bids at it up until the dying seconds.

I was genuinely on the edge of my seat as the seconds counted down as I didn't want to let this go, but also I didn't want to start spending stupid money just to keep it.

I worked out the shipping cost for the 3 records (4 if you factor in Exile's a double) would amount to not very much per record, so reasoned I could go to £20[nb]I've seen this go for upwards of £50 on-line[/nb] if necessary & felt the overall total cost, spread across the 3 albums, would be justifiable esp. given the low costs on the other 2.  But I didn't have to worry as the other bidder stopped shy of £13.

I love this record.

Head Gardener

7" car boot finds this morning, nothing special, however I did spend SIXTY QUID (the most I've ever spent
on an item at a car boot) but it was Elvis Presley - Rock 'N' Roll No 2 HMV in beautiful condition - saw a guy
pick up a stunning collection of signed Punk 7" and set-lists, fan letters, etc, I was right next to him as he
discovered them inside the album sleeves, signed Saints, 999, Only Ones etc

DrunkCountry

Fuck me, I've seen some of those Playtime Series in a few charity shops around town. Nice colour.

Have a few nice eBay finds on their way, incl. a pristine first press of Brian Eno & David Byrne's My Life in the Bush of Ghosts which incl. the later replaced Qu'ran track.

Also picked the following up in a secondhand store in the city last week. Been eyeing the Tom Waits for a long time & finally caved in.

Beck - One Foot In The Grave

Original K Records press, which is nigh on impossible to get your hands on, especially with complete inners, & I think[nb]because I don't know if this is just bullwiki[/nb] there was a legal falling out[nb]which may be tied in with his falling out with Geffen & Bong Load[/nb] which meant K Records are now no longer able to re-release this album in its original form/tracklist etc.[nb]as I say, probably bullwiki as they had a hand in the anniversary expanded release a while back[/nb]

They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start

Compilation album from '89 on One Little Indian released only in the UK & West Germany & eventually released in the States as Miscellaneous T (with an additonal track).

Cracker - Get Off This 10"

Cracker - Low 10"

Kramer - The Guilt Trip Tripple LP

I love the Shimmy Disc label (as has been mentioned before) & have been trying to replace stolen or upgrade from CD to fill gaps in my collection for a few decades. Before I saw this LP in this secondhand store I'd spent 3hrs digging about in I'd found about 8 Shimmy Disc/Kramer-related albums/artists in the stacks, which is unusual around these parts.  I didn't get any of them, in the end, as I either already had them or they were second prints on different labels post-SD. But, as I was paying for the rest of the stuff I'd dug up, I spied this Kramer LP on a shelf behind the counter.

I asked if it was for sale & the guy said it had only just come in & they hadn't even looked at the vinyl properly so they had no idea what it was or what it was worth. But, with a quick Google/eBay search, he & his senior colleague said I could have it for £30. I took a listen to some of the tracks to inspect the vinyl[nb]bit of surface noise, few skips here & there on some randomly chosen tracks[nb]on closer inspection when I got back home I found they were dried liquid marks so cleaned them off & all's good as new[/nb][/nb], inspected the inners/labels/box[nb]moisture damage/wrinkling on two labels & to all inner sleeves[/nb] & offered £20 & they accepted.

When I got home & looked at it properly I noticed that there were 4 records in the box & not 3 as there should have been. Shimmy Disc albums tend to avoid label info & stick mostly to the logo & the side identifier (A or B etc.), so it's sometimes not easy to quickly find out what the record is. I checked the run off & found a scratched SD catalog number & realised it was an original US press of Damon & Naomi's More Sad Hits (Shimmy 055) in exquisite condition (minus its cover, obviously). So, score.

Tom Waits - Bone Machine

This had been sitting in the racks of a secondhand store for 2 months. When I saw it was still there a month after first spotting it I said to myself I would buy it, with some haggling, if it was still there in another month's time. Last Monday I rang the store & asked & it was.

Cover's a wee bit loved, but the inner & vinyl are gorgeously preserved.

DrunkCountry

Eno/Byrne's My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts

1st press/original version

Finally arrived today.

Groundbreaking LP & controversial one, too. This copy contains the track "Qu'ran", which features samples of Qur'anic recital. This was removed at the request of the Islamic Council of Great Britain & replaced on all subsequent presses/re-releases.

The cover has a small tear at the exact point you would open the sleeve, so you can tell it's been loved. The vinyl's in stonking condition (hardly any surface marks / noise; there is one pit of dirt that needs a clean or a few plays to dislodge. Other than that, £10 incl. p&p very well spent.

Puce Moment

Quote from: DrunkCountry on June 12, 2014, 11:04:11 AM
Some great bargains via eBay & secondhand record stores recently.

Breeders - Pod £5 secondhand store

I've been looking for this on original vinyl for about a year & have had about 5 near misses on eBay when trying to buy this. All previous auctions ended up in the £25-£30 region. I was just bimbling about a secondhand store today, looking through the alphabetical piles, when I spotted this. Then I spotted the £5 sticker. Then I checked the inner & vinyl & was ridiculously excited when I saw they're in top nick. Result!

LOVE this album. Love it. Everything about it is fucking ace.

Yeah, for me this is by far their best work. I adore this album from start to finish and prefer this sound with Tanya Donnelly and yer woman from The Perfect Disaster on bass.

But I had no idea that my vinyl could sell for anything more than a couple of quid and now I realise I may have quite a haul of records that I would like to sell so I can downsize (I have had to move house three times in the last 18 months). What is the best route for selling vinyl? I used to just stroll into Rough Trade or the Record and Tape Exchange in Camden. Is ebay worth it, given the reach it has?

Panbaams

I've been able to pick up a few Beatles 7"s from a local second-hand shop recently:

We Can Work it Out
Ticket to Ride
Please Please Me
A Hard Day's Night
Can't Buy Me Love
She Loves You
I Feel Fine
Get Back

50p a throw, which is reasonable compared to the usual £3/£4 they seem to go for. They're all in generic sleeves, though, so the trick now is to buy records by other artists with the correct Parlophone sleeves ...

The same place also had a decent-looking copy of Not the Nine O'Clock News' "The Ayatollah Song", which I hadn't realised had come out as a single.

DrunkCountry

Quote from: Puce Moment on July 14, 2014, 02:58:33 PM
Yeah, for me this is by far their best work. I adore this album from start to finish and prefer this sound with Tanya Donnelly and yer woman from The Perfect Disaster on bass.

But I had no idea that my vinyl could sell for anything more than a couple of quid and now I realise I may have quite a haul of records that I would like to sell so I can downsize (I have had to move house three times in the last 18 months). What is the best route for selling vinyl? I used to just stroll into Rough Trade or the Record and Tape Exchange in Camden. Is ebay worth it, given the reach it has?

If you're willing to put the time in & have the patience waiting for stuff to sell then definitely. There's always someone like me looking for '80s & '90s indie & alt.music. But, of course, you could always start by listing what you have here & seeing if anyone is interested in what you got ;o)

Head Gardener

QuoteI've been able to pick up a few Beatles 7"s from a local second-hand shop recently

always worth checking the numbers on them - on the right hand side, if they start with P-R or DP like this one,
it means they are Export copies and worth a hell of a  lot more than stock copies,
damn... letting you into a trade secret there

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Puce Moment on July 14, 2014, 02:58:33 PM

Although I only use ebay to sell, I do think that Discogs is the best, particularly now that Ebay is limiting people to 20 free listings a month AND charging 10% on postage costs. Discogs charge less and you can leave your stock up as long as you want. I rarely buy stuff off ebay any more.

NoSleep

Quote from: DrunkCountry on July 14, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
Eno/Byrne's My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts

Groundbreaking LP & controversial one, too.

Holger Czukay[nb]Movies (1979)[/nb] (amongst others[nb]Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves (1978)[/nb][nb]Cabaret Voltaire - Three Mantras (1980)[/nb][nb]Daevid Allen - dividedalienplaybax80 (1980)[/nb][nb]Negativland - Negativland (1980)[/nb]) would be turning in his grave were he dead. The ground was nicely tilled by the time the above album appeared[nb]1981[/nb].

Johnny Townmouse

Puce Moment

Quote from: DrunkCountry on July 14, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
If you're willing to put the time in & have the patience waiting for stuff to sell then definitely. There's always someone like me looking for '80s & '90s indie & alt.music. But, of course, you could always start by listing what you have here & seeing if anyone is interested in what you got ;o)

I have tons, but I don't know what is worth money and what isn't. I guess I could look at the completed sales section of ebay to get an idea of how much specific vinyl goes for. Some of it is well played, although I had a OCD fetish for playing them once, taping them, and then only using the cassettes, they still don't look mint.

I also stupidly stored them vertically once, and it gave them this circle impression on the sleeve which looks permanent. So annoying.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 14, 2014, 06:36:29 PMAlthough I only use ebay to sell, I do think that Discogs is the best, particularly now that Ebay is limiting people to 20 free listings a month AND charging 10% on postage costs. Discogs charge less and you can leave your stock up as long as you want. I rarely buy stuff off ebay any more.

Interesting, but you still use ebay? Is that because of the reach?

Head Gardener

just to let you know I'm playing 2 x sets here, a dub + reggae one and a Ninja Tune one
as well as bits n bobs I've picked up and posted here, also it's my birthday and... it's FREE!!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Puce Moment on July 15, 2014, 05:35:39 PM
Interesting, but you still use ebay? Is that because of the reach?

Not really. It's mostly because I like to list them and (hopefully) sell them all at a particular time. If I list them for 7 days on a Saturday, I know that they'll sell (or otherwise) the following week and that gives me time to send invoices, receive payment and parcel them up in time for taking to work on Monday. Apparently items ending on Sundays get the most money but I like doing my stuff when the football's on. I really enjoy it, saddo that I am.

I'm sure there's a local 2nd hand record shop that would offer you a lump sum. Where do you live? If you are thinking of selling, I would definitely do it now as so much stuff is getting the 'deluxe' vinyl reissue nowadays. Stuff released in the mid nineties up to maybe mid 2000s seems to be quite collectable as many seemed to spurn vinyl in favour of CDs back then, so most LPs came in limited numbers.

Puce Moment

Yeah, I think I would prefer that as well. I'm not in any rush to sell them, but I have really busy periods at work and would prefer control over when I am likely to be dealing with emails, parcelling, sending, fielding complaints, etc.

The last second-hand record shop closed down here a couple of years ago - the nearest for me would be Liverpool, Chester, Manchester - but that would still be a bit of travel and I have about 200 records that I am willing to sell. A lot of it is late 1980s indie, experimental, 4AD, Creation, noisy stuff, and would not have been available on CD. I have all the original My Bloody Valentine vinyl, including Geek, but those EPs got played to fuck by me.

holyzombiejesus

If you contact Vinyl Exchange in Manchester, I'm pretty sure that they would come and collect. They used to be pretty stingy with what they offered but they've really improved of late, certainly offering the best prices in Manchester. You could email them a list and they'd give you a rough idea of what they'd offer? I think the guy who buys that stuff is called Richard, so ask for him if you do ring/ email.

EDIT: If you've got that MBV EP with Lovelee Sweet Darlene on, please sell it to me for a reasonable price...

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=new+record+my+bloody+valentine&x=0&y=0

Puce Moment

Nice one, I really appreciate it. You managed to find the one MBV record other than Sunny Sundae Smile that I don't have after offloading in my 1998 'sell records or die of hunger' purge. I also got rid of a first pressing of 20 Jazz Funk greats, and some other industrial stuff, at Rough Trade for a really decent price.

I then went to the Record & Tape Exchange who gave me £200 for 60 records. I regret that one, as it included at least a dozen or so which would get me over £20 on ebay now. But needs must.

DrunkCountry

Some recent eBay, charity & secondhand purchases. Mostly bought between 50p & £2.99p area. Exceptions, Prince Symbol LP (£5), Drugstore s/t (£10), & Shockabilly Vietman (£4). Ted was 99p.

Ted Chippington - Man In A Suitcase not sure if this came with it originally, but the guy I got this off eBay for 99p +p&p also sent a TC booklet/pamphlet in very nice nick. 

Also, in the parcel packaging for the TC LP, was this little fellah:

DrunkCountry

holyzombiejesus

A man who lived nearby was killed in a road accident recently and as I knew that he was an avid record collector, I popped round last night to see if I could make a bit of beer money. His grieving wife initially seemed quite horrified when I explained the purpose of my visit but after a bit of forceful cajoling, I managed to get a fair few bargains, the pick of which was this. I told her it was knackered and that she was lucky I was giving her anything at all, so she seemed quite pleased with the £3 I offered her, although the fact that she now has to provide for 3 young children must have informed her decision. Anyway, £3!

I'm going back tonight to plunder his Northern Soul and punk collections. It's the funeral tomorrow and if I coincide my visit with the kiddies' bath time she may be even more distracted than last night (I think she may have taken valium or something).

momatt

Nice one.
That picture's way too small though mate, can barely see what it is.