Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:38:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chick Corea

Started by Gazeuse, July 15, 2004, 01:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazeuse

Any fans here???

One of the things that made me determined to get into music was seeing Return To Forever on The Old Grey Whistle Test when I was about 15...Stunning.

Well, I went to see The Chick Corea Electrik Band at The Barbican on Monday and it was brilliant. The first half was all new stuff (Based on Scientology, of course)...Still very Electrik Bandy (Saw them 20 years ago...Exactly the same line-up) but moved forward a bit.

I can recommend it if you're into jazz/funk/rock pottiness.

I saw him at the Barbican for his Akoustic Band concert on the 6th. The first band (Chick Corea's Touchstone) was fantastic - the second band (Chick Corea/John Patitucci/Dave Weckl) was bland and uninteresting. God knows why Patitucci gets praised as the best bassist in the world..

Anyway, yes. Chick Corea used to be great, can still be pretty good, but his most creative years are way behind him. Peaked with Romantic Warrior.

Gazeuse

Bit contentious there!!!

Personally, I prefer the Romantic Warrior years, but would put that down to personal preference rather than Chick's advancing years!!!

You should hear To The Stars...It's good stuff.