Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Danger Mouse' reboot considered

Started by Replies From View, March 15, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Or so this says:

QuoteDanger Mouse is being considered for a TV reboot by FremantleMedia after its success as part of CITV's Old Skool retro weekend earlier this year.

CITV celebrated its 30th birthday in January with a weekend of classic series including Sooty, Fun House and Press Gang. Danger Mouse was the biggest hit of the weekend, pulling in record viewing numbers for CITV.

Broadcast has confirmed that FremantleMedia Kids and Family Entertainment are now holding talks about reviving the kids' animation for a full series.

Danger Mouse was produced by Cosgrove Hall Films for Thames Television between 1981 and 1993.

David Jason voiced the eponymous Danger Mouse, who was joined on his spy adventures by timid, bespectacled hamster Penfold (voiced by Terry Scott). The primary villain was wheezy-voiced toad Baron Silas Greenback (voiced by Edward Kelsey).

President of FremantleMedia's Kids and Family Entertainment Sander Schwartz said: "[Danger Mouse] is something we might be looking to do in the not-too-distant future."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a465108/danger-mouse-reboot-considered-after-citv-old-skool-weekend-success.html

Thomas

Big Jack McBastard

They can fuck right off is what they can do.

Scandalous.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on March 15, 2013, 09:42:18 PM
They can fuck right off is what they can do.
Scandalous.

They're the lyrics to the new updated theme tune.

Kane Jones

Replies From View

I laughed too.  The words actually work with the proper music if you try very hard.

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2013, 09:48:41 PM
Your avatar certainly did.

That avatar terrifies me.  Reminds me a bit of the character Christopher Lloyd played in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?  It is Looney Tunes meets Chris Morris.

Replies From View

Did anyone see the revived Willo The Wisp efforts of a few years ago?   Evil Edna was a flatscreen TV (I'm not joking) and the voice of Willo The Wisp was James Dreyfus, who was awful at it.  Clearly the makers thought nothing beyond "need an overtly camp man, preferably gay, to take Kenneth's place".

Kane Jones

'Scan-da-loouus (dada-dada-dada)'

On TV in Scotland Danger Mouse was called 'Donnie Murdo', and only to justify the DM logo on his chest to the Gaelic audience.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on March 15, 2013, 09:58:56 PM
Did anyone see the revived Willo The Wisp efforts of a few years ago?   Evil Edna was a flatscreen TV (I'm not joking) and the voice of Willo The Wisp was James Dreyfus, who was awful at it.  Clearly the makers thought nothing beyond "need an overtly camp man, preferably gay, to take Kenneth's place".

I just confused James Dreyfus with Richard Dreyfuss for a second and was trying to imagine why they thought he was an overtly camp man. I done a laugh.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on March 15, 2013, 10:03:18 PM
'Scan-da-loouus (dada-dada-dada)'

That's right.

Free.  Mantle-me-dia.
They CAN fuck right off is what they can do.

But everybody already knows this.

Big Jack McBastard

Eeh and I wasn't even trying, get me bottled.

Replies From View

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on March 15, 2013, 11:27:39 PM
Eeh and I wasn't even trying, get me bottled.

*SMASH*

It's like a cartoon, this.  We are hilarious.

Jumble Cashback

The problem with this type of thing is that they're trying to revamp something that worked first time 'round.  If you really want to do a reboot, have a crack at one of the creaky old shows that was always a good idea but never really found its feet.  Like the fucking Dream Stone or something.  Still, at least they'll probably leave their grubby hands off of Avenger Penguins.  It hasn't been remembered enough to get a revamp.  They didn't even think to include it in the Old Skool Weekend, preferring instead to effectively show 3 episodes of cunting Children's Ward.  Maybe it's one of the few things that will remain pristine forever.

Uncle TechTip

If my son's views are anything to go by, they need to 'reboot' Rainbow, Sooty and Button Moon in that order.

In fact Rainbow is an incredible programme, i was forced to download a couple more and there is truly nothing like it on telly today. In fact there's nothing for that inbetween stage - today it's either iggle-piggle drivel like Show Me Show Me or Night Garden, or clever-clever sitcoms for sub-teenagers. Something like Rainbow, which talks to children as children but also introduces themes about feelings and behaviour, is not to be found.

Plus, modern shows always have an eye on DVD sales so remaking something which will sell well amongst adults (or at least get some recognition) is good business.

Ginyard

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 16, 2013, 08:56:22 AM

In fact Rainbow is an incredible programme, i was forced to download a couple more and there is truly nothing like it on telly today. In fact there's nothing for that inbetween stage - today it's either iggle-piggle drivel like Show Me Show Me or Night Garden, or clever-clever sitcoms for sub-teenagers. Something like Rainbow, which talks to children as children but also introduces themes about feelings and behaviour, is not to be found.

Balamory does its best.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

If you're not sure, shave it.

That's my motto.

biggytitbo

Cerys

Bump

Well, they're doing it.  Voice actors to be announced at a later date.  I have a premonition.  It's going to be Ricky Gervais, isn't it?

olliebean

QuoteDanger Mouse's eye patch will be replaced by an "i-patch" with multiple technological functions

Oh, fuck off.

Replies From View

Quoteyou're now a sensible adult with a creatively unsatisfying yet financially secure job in middle management.

My suspicion is that he has a narrow concept of what other people are like.

FredNurke

Why isn't the person who wrote that dead?

Replies From View

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on July 15, 2015, 07:02:55 AM
Just saw this teaser for the Danger Mouse reboot today:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dmq13dD47g

That would be better if David Jason and Terry Scott were doing the voices, neither of them are very busy at the moment so you think they'd be up for it.

Kelvin

thr0b

The fact that The Actor Kevin Eldon is involved with a CBBC show as the voice of Penfold is unutterably excellent.