Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:09:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hoddle back at Southampton

Started by king mob, February 10, 2004, 12:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Clicks

This should be interesting seeing as he left with a large chunk of fans hating him, i also work with a die hard Southampton fan who was holding out for Alex McLeish.

The thing that strike me about Hoddle is that hes a great coach but a shite man manager& this seems a huge step backward for them & may impede the progress they've made of late.

On a different note this should be fun.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Wow. That's really sudden. I would have thought Strachan would continue until the end of the season.

Bilko

I bet the Southampton Fans are delighted with that news. Note the sarcasm  

As the Keano and co., I think the Everton fans are a bunch of cry babies. Like myself and all other football supporters they give abuse to players throughout matches, yet when some player give a little back they complain. Everton complained earlier inthe season after Henry scored a penalty agasint them at highbury and celebrated infront of them, they didn't like that either. Bit soft these scousers.

big dogs cock

I think bottom line, Hoddle's a good coach, the 'as a person' issues are almost beside the point, you don't have to be popular to get success.  When people like Tony Cascarino take such delight in slagging him off it makes me warm to Glenn Hoddle. He's spot on as a pundit, I liked how he had England playing and had Keegan jumped ship (I know, he still might) I would have welcomed Hoddle at Man City. Thousands wouldn't I know. Ah, lay off the guy and look at his non-spurs record.

And I think you're bob on Hammill, I see nothing wrong in celebrating an important  win ike that, (from what I saw anyway, I wasn't there so it may indeed have been out of line), we'd have heard nowt about it if it had been 'plucky Bolton' who grabbed a late one, even if it did make me nauseous when they did. Grr.

hoverdonkey

I feel sorry for Southampton if he goes back there. As a Spurs fan no one wanted Hoddle to succeed at Spurs more than me, but he is a shit man-manager and very arrogant to boot.

Hoddle is a good coach and might be a good manager in 10 years, when he can no longer run around with the team on the training ground. At the minute, he still has to be the best player on the pitch. You do have to be popular to win, because the players have to respect you and want to do well for you.

Also, his non Spurs record is not that great. He did OK for England, but showed signs of weakness in his handling of Michael "not a natural goalscorer" Owen and dropping Gazza, he brought in the foreigners at Chelsea without winning anything and brought Swindon up as a player-manager, which was impressive.  He needs to get over himself first I think.

I can't believe that Rupert Lowe is even thinking of bringing him back, but then he has always struck me as a bit of a twat. Something to do with labelling Spurs north London yobs.

king mob

Just been announced that Strachan has left & Lowe is still in discussion with the new manager who is obviously Hoddle.

Our Southampton fan in the office is just a wee bit gutted.

I do find Southmaptons bile towards Hoddle a little blickered as the team he left them for was Spurs, the team he played for, he supported and clearly loves. what did they reasonably expect him to do when Spurs came calling. Acutally I know what they expected him to do  - pledge his undying loyality to the saints because they are such a fucking excellent club. Southampton are strangely blinkered and small minded.

That said - when Hoddle does go back to Southampton I expect Beattie to hand in a transfer request with alacrity as Hoddle was of the opinion he would never make a premiership player and tried to cart him off to Crystal Palace (imagine the humilation for Beattie when Hoddle told him this!). Since Hoddle quit Spurs Beattie has never failed to do an interview without expressing his loathing of Hoddle and his delight as proving the God-botherer wrong.

Which is why I hope Hoddle gets the job

mangoliver

God, I can't stand Hoddle, what is Rupert Lowe thinking of? I kind of hoped the Spurs debacle would see him disappear for good.

Almost all the players Glenda has ever managed seem to be united in the opinion that he's an utter cunt. Surely they can't all be wrong? I can't stand wtaching him when he's on telly, his arraogance leaps off the screen. Let's not forget he is an absolute stone-bonker; a hypocritical, self-serving, faith-healing, delusional wanker.

His fans always claim that he has a great track record and is some sort of tactical genius but why? I hated him when he was England manager, what did he ever achieve, (1 point out of 6 vs Italy in world cup qualifying, plus a few wins over lesser nations, a arse of the '98 world cup itself, and a couple of utter disasters in qualifying for Euro 2000 seems to just about cover it)

chand

Perhaps the Southampton fans committed some sin in a past life.