Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

misfits appreciation thread

Started by dirkfunk, July 16, 2004, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkfunk

Goldentony

im wel into the misfits, not so sure about the metal they did in the 90's, walk among us is classic though

A Passing Turk Slipper

I hope you mean the Danzig era Misfits. I went through a Misfits phase were they were my favourite band for ages. I'm not really into the Misfits as they are now, they are just a completely different band. They have a few decent songs like Dig Up Her Bones, Saturday Night and even Helena which is a great riff but they get a little annoying with their one distorted guitar effect. I'm not really that much of a metal fan (the 'newfits' aren't really punk are they?), plus whoever the hell they've got on vocals isn't as good as Danzig. But anyway, the old misfits were great, a few favourites are: Hybrid Moments (my favourite Misfits song), Angelfuck, 20 eyes, Attitude, Astro Zombies and Children in Heat. There are so many more though, I'd be here for ages if I was to list all my favourites.

dirkfunk

of course danzig era
i aint no late comer

hybrid moments is their finest hour

Dirty Boy

Brains for dinner, brains for lunch
Brains for breakfast, brains for brunch
Brains at every single meal WHY CAN'T WE HAVE SOME GUTS?!!?
OY OY OY!!!
:D

As delivered by a punk Roy Orbison :-)

I used to love the Misfits when i was in year 10/11.In fact i once danced to 'Horror Buisness' in drag in front of a mirror for  one of  my GCSE drama exams...can't be arsed to explain further...

Fave songs then...'London Dungeon', 'Attitude', Hatebreeders', 'Hollywood Babylon', 'Skulls' (anyone noticed Green Day used this riff for 90% of their songs?), 'Devils Whorehouse' etc etc

This is their best song/lyric by a country mile though

Bullet
QuotePresident's bullet-ridden body in the street
Ride, johnny ride
Kennedy's shattered head hits concrete
Ride, johnny ride

Johnny's wife is floundering
Johnny's wife is scared
Run, jackie run

Texas is an outrage when your husband is dead
Texas is an outrage when they pick up his head
Texas is the reason that the president's dead
You gotta suck, suck, jackie suck

President's bullet-ridden body in the street
Ride, johnny ride
Kennedy's shattered head hits concrete
Ride, johnny ride

Texas is an outrage when your husband is dead
Texas is an outrage when they pick up his head
Texas is the reason that the president's dead
You gotta suck, suck, jackie suck

Arise jackie o, jonathon of kennedy
Well, arise and be shot down
The dirt's gonna be your dessert
My cum be your life source
And the only way to get it
Is to suck or fuck
Or be poor and devoid
And masturbate me, masturbate me
Then slurp it from your palm
Like a dry desert soaking up rain
Soaking up sun
Like a dry desert soaking up rain
Soaking up sun

Famous Monsters is the only album of theirs I'm familiar with, but I remember loving it when I was 12 years old.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Ghost of Troubled Joe"Famous Monsters is the only album of theirs I'm familiar with, but I remember loving it when I was 12 years old.
But that's the shitty misfits who are a completely different band. Download some of the songs recommended in this thread like Hybrid Moments and Hatebreeders and you will see how good the Misfits really were. Oh, and I totally agree with you Dirty Boy about Greenday ripping off the Skulls riff a number of times. Teenagers From Mars has a riff which has been copied many times as well.
Bloody hell. How could I miss Last Caress out of my favourites list? Brilliant song that. Probably there most famous as well. I still like their short snappy numbers like We are 138, 20 Eyes and Attitude though as well, they all have about a dozen words in them overall.

Goldentony

the thing i hates about the metalfits was they were stealing melodies, off metallica which is not good at all, helena's fast verse in the middle is just sanctyuary by metalica, arses

old misfits tho, yes, easily my favourite band ever, fave songs: horror business, vampira, all of the static age album, mommy, and all of earth ad

fuck it, everything they did was brilliant

Fuckwittio

Great fucking band, I agree with Dirty Boy on 'Bullet', though the following tune has some classy lyrics too:

Last Caress:
QuoteI got something to say
I killed your baby today
And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as it's dead

Well I got something to say
I raped your mother today
As long as she spread

Sweet lovely death
I am waiting for your breath
Come sweet death, one last caress

Go

Sweet lovely death
Come sweet death, one last caress

Well, I got something to say
I killed your baby today
As long as it's dead

Sweet lovely death
Come sweet death
One last caress

One last caress, sweet death
One last caress, sweet death

Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh

Chadwick

Misfits guitarist Doyle is currently playing guitar in Danzig's touring band, raising the possibility of a proper Misfits reunion. Jerry Only (who in case anybody didn't know is actually Doyles brother) is still touring America and Europe with his heavy metal cabaret version of the Misfits, featuring Black Flag's Dez Cadena and Marky Ramone, with Robo on drums. I had the misfortune to see the Misfits shortly after they reformed a few years ago with Doyle and Jerry Only joined by drummer Dr Chud (?) and singer Michale Graves, who went on to be one of the founders of the laughable Conservative punk website as featured by the BBC. Graves was briefly replaced by Mike Hideous, before the band collapsed in a mire of badly played music and Professional Wrestling. The one high point of seeing the Misfits was that I was able to steal Doyle's guitar strap, which looks very much like this

Goldentony

fucking hell, doyl'es in danzig?

thats fantastic, shame glen cant stop getting his arse kicked

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Goldentony"shame glen cant stop getting his arse kicked
What? I don't know a huge amount about him, what do you mean? I'm not sure about a reunion though despite Doyle playing with Danzig, don't Jerry Only and Danzig hate each other now?

Goldentony

about two weeks ago a video popped up on the net of glen getting knocked out by some guy, cos danzig went for the guy

and he also got the piss knocked out of him by def leppards one armed drummer

Chadwick

Apparently Danzig and Doyle have buried the hatched. They were reunited at a funeral (can't remember whos funeral possibly Danzigs mothers), and are now on amicable terms.

Goldentony

i wonder if he'll sort it with jerry aswell, being doyle's brother id think there was a slight possibility

this is like a fantastic dream

Chadwick

Actually my last post contained two errors 1) it was at the funeral of Danzig's father and 2) I should have written Jerry Only's name and not Doyle. I've made a new post and not edited my old one to flag up a link to this realplayer stream:
http://www.nardwuar.com/audio/interviews/real/misfits.ram an amusing and informative interview with the Jerry, Dez and Marky incarnation, worth listening to for a revelation about Sid Vicious.

Goldentony

danzig is calling this tour the last ever danzig tour, so, a misfits reunion show or two may be imminent

Chadwick

Quote from: "Goldentony"danzig is calling this tour the last ever danzig tour, so, a misfits reunion show or two may be imminent
Excellent, I didn't know that. And as Glenn did that bizarre Danzig and Sam Hain tour a few years back he's obviously not totally against revisiting past glories.

Goldentony

true, his old samhain members didnt get his record label shut down, rights to the name and half the royalties though

i really would like to see it but were going to be waiting a long long time

Chadwick

Just to show my reluctance to let a good thread die I've uploaded the first half of the Misfits Why Be Something You're Not show from Detroit 1982, as shown on cable TV. I'll keep the files up until the end of the month, then I'll post the second half.
01 Earth A.D.
02 Interview
03 I Turned Into A  Martian
04 Skulls
05 Devilock
06 Queen Wasp
07 Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight

Enjoy Fiends.

And dirkfunk, if you read this can you change the threat title to indicate that it now has addded downloads, ta.

Goldentony

great show that, ive got it on tape with 3 other shows

the skinheads at the front - lovely bastards