Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,456
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead [split topic]

Started by Custard, March 27, 2013, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Yesterday I finally got round to spending some pennies on the second installment of The Walking Dead game on Xbox, and I went through it all with just the one piss-break.

Really good fun, though it does feel a bit like a Choose Your Own Adventure at times. It's really well done though, and some decent characters are introduced to ramp things up a bit. Was getting a bit too cosy by the end of the first one

There's some enjoyable twists and turns too, and I actually found it a lot more enjoyable than the telly show. It's not far off the comic, either.

Just downloaded part three, so that's tomorrow night sorted. Will be a bit sad once it's over, as this is one of the most fun games I've played in a while

falafel

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 27, 2013, 06:52:59 PM
Yesterday I finally got round to spending some pennies on the second installment of The Walking Dead game on Xbox

Oh it's fantastic! I ended up buying all five episodes when they were on sale a month or so ago. I've been meaning to replay it and obviously do it completely differently.  The atmosphere and acting are outstanding really.  It's got some fucking dark moments too,  more than any other game I can think of. 

mikeyg27

Quote from: Johnny Textface on March 27, 2013, 09:44:22 PM
Oh it's fantastic! I ended up buying all five episodes when they were on sale a month or so ago.

For anyone else interested, that same sale is on this week. 800 points for the lot. I bought it the last time too. I only played the 1st one as most reviews I read said it was best to spread them out, but I should really get on with part 2.

Jerzy Bondov

Is it accepted wisdom to turn off the alerts that say things like 'Martin might not trust you now'? I like not seeing the cogs turning like that and trying to work out for myself what people think of me. It was stressing me out too; I was constantly thinking 'oh shit I shouldn't of said that to Martin'

chand

Quote from: Johnny Textface on March 27, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

Oh it's fantastic! I ended up buying all five episodes when they were on sale a month or so ago. I've been meaning to replay it and obviously do it completely differently.  The atmosphere and acting are outstanding really.  It's got some fucking dark moments too,  more than any other game I can think of.

Supposedly the decisions you make don't have that big an effect on the storyline, more the way you feel about your character.  There are a couple of changes you can make to the order in which people die and who comes with you at one point, but you can't really change anyone's fate much. Which was fine by me, but I'm not sure I'd replay it to try again.

I really enjoyed it having finished it the other night. It's pretty grim indeed, episode 3 in particular I thought. I tried to be as good a guy as I could in the game, then I allowed myself to act the twat once and immediately regretted it, heh.

Custard

Hehe, yeah I also try to make my main character as likeable and as heroic as possible. Yet that went all to shit in one moment of madness last night.

In a scene towards the end, it was all starting to kick off, and when my options flashed up for what to make him say to calm the situation down and/or show some real balls of steel leadership, ol twatty-chops here panic-clicked on the option of "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!", which the previously hard-arsed leading-man squeeled out like a semi-squashed 6 year old girl

What made it worse, is that all the other characters just completely ignored me, and carried on kicking off

I know it shouldn't make any difference to how my character is viewed or to the game's narrative, but I remember.

I remember.

I think I caught the little girl laughing at me afterwards in the trailer for the next one