Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: mcbpete on January 14, 2014, 11:41:39 AM
This one annoys me every time I walk past it on my way to work. And it features a common issue -

Why ... why don't they put it so the names match the people underneath. If they're going for the most famous person on the poster listed first then why not put the picture of that person in the same place as they're clearly photoshops from different shoots.

The bloke on the far left looks like a handsome Eddie Marsan

zomgmouse

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 30, 2014, 04:03:15 PM
The bloke on the far left looks like a handsome Eddie Marsan
Clearly they've gone to the trouble of hiring Eddie Marsan, Matthew Holness and Lucy Punch. They should have left out Nicole Kidman and Jason Bateman and used two other people Edgar Wright is associated with.

If you look at Brosnan's shoulders, his hands could never be in those places.

Indomitable Spirit

Nicolas Cage going broke and being legally obliged to make any movie offered to him is the my favourite thing ever.

Van Dammage

Utter Shit

Assuming the film's title implies that they were left behind in the burning city shown in the poster, why are the characters so far away from it? They seem to be the only cunts that escaped.

Replies From View

That's not what the title means.  It simply means that Nicholas Cage is aiming his arse to our left at all times for the purposes of the movie and its promotional material.

Utter Shit

Do you reckon there's anyone in the world called Chad that isn't an absolute prick?

Replies From View

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 30, 2014, 03:05:42 PM
Do you reckon there's anyone in the world called Chad that isn't an absolute prick?

It depends if it his name or just what they call him.  Anyone called Chad must be an absolute prick.  But I can reckon a guy might be named Chad and insist nobody call him it.  He wouldn't be an absolute prick at all.

Utter Shit

I can't imagine anyone raised by parents who named their child Chad could possess that kind of self-awareness. His lifed was over the moment he was named Chad. Arguably before that.

Blumf

Is Chad short for something? 'Chadworth' or 'Chadwick' maybe?

Utter Shit

lazarou

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 30, 2014, 02:44:35 PM
Assuming the film's title implies that they were left behind in the burning city shown in the poster, why are the characters so far away from it? They seem to be the only cunts that escaped.
It's "Left Behind" as in Left Behind after the Rapture, so I suppose everywhere would be burning.

Nice to see the series having a decent attempt at one-upping their game from a few years back.

QuoteIn the single-player campaign, the player controls the Tribulation Force, a Christian group in a post-Rapture New York City, who are combating the influence of the Global Community, the world government led by the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia. The player directs the actions of the main characters (Rayford Steele, Cameron "Buck" Williams, Chloe Steele, and Bruce Barnes) and the Tribulation Force's units in an effort to defeat the Global Community by converting neutral and Global Community-allied civilians to their side and only using lethal force when necessary (ex.Global Community Army). But the player's main goal is to use conversion rather than violence, only resorting to combat when necessary, since killing causes the "spirit level" of the player's units to drop. If the "spirit level" of a player's unit drops too low, the unit will turn neutral or defect to the GC, which can cause the player to lose the game.

Rayford Steele. Amazing scenes.

Replies From View

Quote from: lazarou on May 30, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
It's "Left Behind" as in Left Behind after the Rapture, so I suppose everywhere would be burning.

And also the thing I said about the way Nicholas Cage is contractually obliged to angle his arse for this film.  Just thought I'd point out that you being right doesn't make me wrong.  We are both correct.

Subtle Mocking

Inept or unfortunate coincidence?

Harpo Speaks

Is it the Australian poster? It comes out in August in the US. And looks terrible.

Rolf Lundgren

I can't believe there wasn't at least one opportunity where at least a few cast members were together to take a picture. It looks like every single one of them has been copy and pasted from somewhere else.

- Harrison Ford stuck behind some guy I've never heard of
- Antonio Banderas resting his hand on his knee/Wesley Snipes' shoulder
- Jet Li looking like a 13 year old
- What the fuck is Frasier doing there???!

BritishHobo

You'd think by now film producers would know that maybe they ought to set aside five minutes or so during filming, when the cast are already together, to just take some fucking photographs for promo material.

I can kind of understand it with that one though. Most are probably single-scene glorified cameos and would only have been on set for about two days of lucrative, undemanding work. Apparently Bruce Willis isn't in this one cos he wanted more than a million dollars a day for a weekend of turning up for his planned bit. Half the blokes in that picture have probably never met each other.

DukeDeMondo

Not a poster, but this artwork for the new Region America Blu-Ray release of My Left Foot is fucking unbelievable.

Leo2112

Robert De Niro had a small supporting role in 'Born to Win' in 1971.  You might be a bit misled about this fact from the cover though -

More amusing is this one where his face is pushed into a picture watching over the lead actors like a giant sun -

It's not even a picture of his character from the film, it's just a Robert De Niro picture they found and stuck in.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shaky

Time to chuck this classic in again:

Replies From View

Quote from: Shaky on January 15, 2015, 06:27:36 AM
Time to chuck this classic in again:

It's always really clever when time-based films are released or rereleased with a tagline featuring the word "time".

I've lost track of the number of times "It's About Time!!" appears on anything time travel related that's been away for a while before coming back.

Kane Jones

Ha. 'It's about time'.  Brilliant.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on January 15, 2015, 07:23:25 AM
Ha. 'It's about time'.  Brilliant.

In particular Doctor Who takes every opportunity to pretend it's a new tagline.  The Paul McGann TV Movie may have been the first to do it with "He's back.... and it's about time!!" but it's reappeared several times to promote Doctor Who since, and it's never stopped being so intrinsically smug.

Do a google image search for "it's about time"; go on.  Everyone who's ever used those three words on a poster or as a title thinks they are SO CLEVER FOR COMING UP WITH IT.

Shaky

Quote from: Replies From View on January 15, 2015, 06:50:09 AM
It's always really clever when time-based films are released or rereleased with a tagline featuring the word "time".

I've lost track of the number of times "It's About Time!!" appears on anything time travel related that's been away for a while before coming back.

Fair dues; the first person to come up with that tag was probably a genius, but it's had deminishing returns ever since.

The related trailer must also contain the line - "xxxxx xxxxxxxxx" is about to have the TIME OF HIS LIFE!"

Famous Mortimer

Okay, it's a shot from a film and not a film poster, but this thread is great so it deserves bumping.

"Assassin's Bullet". Christian Slater, Timothy Spall, Donald Sutherland. Here's a bit where Slater is looking at photos of him and his dead wife, although it seems her face is several feet closer to the camera than his:

Custard

Heh, it's like those pictures on Facebook when saddoes pretend they have a girlfriend and photoshop one in