Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

That's inept by any standards.

Quote from: Leo2112 on January 14, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

The tagline for that one could have been "Ever feel like you're being watched?"

Quote from: mcbpete on January 14, 2014, 11:41:39 AM
Why ... why don't they put it so the names match the people underneath. If they're going for the most famous person on the poster listed first then why not put the picture of that person in the same place as they're clearly photoshops from different shoots.

There is actually a reason for this. It's something to do with actors or, more likely, their agents recognising that top billing and positioning on the poster were two different things and could be negotiated for differently. So Christian Bale takes top billing and front center position on that poster, but Bradley Cooper gets first on the left, Jennifer Lawrence gets 2nd row on the right but the "and" that makes it look important that she's in it, Amy Adams gets 2nd from the left but 4th billing and Jeremy Renner gets last in the row but central billing on the name.

The Japanese poster is different and although I don't understand it, all the positions will have been decided specifically not just "oh, I guess we'll whack that one there...". Whoever is a bigger draw to the Japanese audiences maybe? They read from right to left after all - Jennifer Lawrence is, arguably, the world's biggest female film star right now, Jeremy Renner was in the Avengers... it sort of makes sense until Amy Adams coming before Cooper and Bale. Dunno.

Replies From View

Quote from: clingfilm portent on January 10, 2016, 11:41:21 AM

Or "Ever feel like the sunset is fucked?"

zomgmouse

This looks like a bad photoshop. But no, it's real.

Glebe

Quote from: clingfilm portent on January 10, 2016, 11:41:21 AM

Which no longer makes sense with the image they've replaced it with.

It used to be this:

Mini

There could be a separate thread for inept Nicolas Cage posters

Blumf

marquis_de_sad

MojoJojo

He has the expression of a hypochondriac who has just found a lump under his armpit, and thinks it might be cancer.

Bhazor

Quote from: Gavin M on August 09, 2013, 09:11:42 PM

The unconvincing collage of people of bad enough, but what really grates is how the list is laid out.  Why would all the lines ending in '..... Job' start in a different position to the rest of it?  Surely they could have done something?  Also, possibly the least alluring picture of Aubrey in existence.

Is giving a guy a blowjob really something a girl has to work towards? I mean in my experience just yawn in mixed company and someones going to put some body part in your mouth. Its also noteworthy that then 29 year old Aubrey Plaza is playing an 18 year old girl. Its like the old slasher movies having 30 year old teenagers.

Custard

Pit-Pat

It's not entirely without its charms

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Pit-Pat on September 19, 2016, 05:56:06 PM
It's not entirely without its charms

I was surprised that it was vaguely okay. No classic by any means and it covers old ground, but there was the odd funny moment in it.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Shameless Custard on September 19, 2016, 01:34:06 PM
Look at this shit

Good God. That is just hideous.

I'll watch the film, though, Bachelorette was great.

Quote from: Shameless Custard on September 19, 2016, 01:34:06 PM
Look at this shit

Alison Brie's horrifically mangled hand is slightly alarming.

hewantstolurkatad

Sleeping with Other People has two very good leads that play off each other well and a script that at points works really well.

With a few improvements it could've been pretty great imo. Unusually funny for typical romcom fare too.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 19, 2016, 06:28:29 PM
I was surprised that it was vaguely okay. No classic by any means and it covers old ground, but there was the odd funny moment in it.

I meant just the poster, but I can imagine tolerating the film itself too.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Alison Brie has really nice, shapely knockers. Worth watching the film for that reason alone, I would have thought.

Was this really an official poster? It's the one on the Wikipedia page.

Kane Jones

Christ, that's horrible.

I'm pretty sure this was the one I remember seeing about;

Glebe

Porter Dimi

I personally preferred the original:

Mini

Not inept but not good either.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: Mini on November 17, 2016, 09:57:11 AM
Now that's inept.

I thought Bad Santa was reasonably alright, but that poster makes me actively not want to watch the sequel.