Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

Quote from: asids on January 10, 2018, 02:21:47 AM
We've got ourselves a 2 for 1 here:

Starring Nick Nolte as Ned Beatty

phantom_power

Quote from: SteveDave on January 25, 2018, 03:34:25 PM
Starring Nick Nolte as Ned Beatty

And Daniel Radcliffe as Doug Benson

Gwen Taylor on ITV

And Rosamund Pike as sexy young Bob Holness

Shit Good Nose

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2018, 12:52:59 PM
What's wrong with that?  What am I missing?

I can only speak for myself but it's quite a distasteful poster for a dumb action flick, starring The Rock.  A burning skyscraper and at a glance; what could appear to be a man jumping from a higher up window, to his death, to escape the escalating and searing heat?  Sound familiar?

I doubt that it was intended that way and I'm aware that Dwayne Johnson is jumping from the crane to the right but it may have behooved and been prudent, for the marketing team to have had a little bit more forethought and sensitivity.

Shit Good Nose

Ahhh right.  I was looking for long necks, arms pointing in the wrong direction, massive (or tiny) heads and that sorta thing.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
Ahhh right.  I was looking for long necks, arms pointing in the wrong direction, massive (or tiny) heads and that sorta thing.

To be fair, that's just my take.  Perhaps @Mini has spotted a mangled pinhead somewhere in the background?

EDIT:  A quick Google search reveals that @Mini may have been referring to The Rock's doomed-to-fail jump.

Blumf

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 06, 2018, 01:09:34 PM
EDIT:  A quick Google search reveals that @Mini may have been referring to The Rock's doomed-to-fail jump.

Heh, I was thinking the trajectory looked optimistic at best. Not sure a physics fail is enough to damn a movie poster though.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blumf on February 06, 2018, 02:03:22 PM
Not sure a physics fail is enough to damn a movie poster though.

As I said - long necks, arms pointing the wrong way, etc...

St_Eddie

Mini

It just struck me as a dumb poster to be honest. I'm probably misusing this thread. But hey it's got us all talking right guys?

Ferris

Quote from: Mini on February 06, 2018, 12:18:43 PM

This looks well-good. Massive hulking blokes jumping about, explosions everywhere, the much-underused blue/orange colour scheme. I'll deffo go and watch this.

mothman

What it needs is James Woods sticking his head out of that window the Rock is jumping towards, and making an "Aw, c'mon!" face and pose.

itsfredtitmus

makes it look like Blood on Satan's Claw or something

gabrielconroy

Someone earlier in the thread posted some frankly excellent Polish film posters. I specifically really want to get a framed print of this poster for Back to the Future:

The only places for such Polish posters I can find are either in the US or are insanely expensive (like, £2500 for a Taxi Driver print).

Anyone know somewhere in the UK I can get that poster, or somewhere that might print it on demand (I'd have to get a hi-res image first for that)?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mini on February 14, 2018, 01:06:02 PM

That looks like the sort of DVD that my mate owns and insists that we watch whenever we're around his place because "it's really good".  It never is.  I just sit there, hating the generic action garbage on screen and resenting my friend for making me watch such a crime against the cinematic arts but being too polite to tell him how bad the movie is and what appalling taste in film he has.  In that regard, the tagline 'Friends for life. Enemies forever' seems quite apt.

Mini

50 Cent movies are an inept film poster gold(shit)mine. This one looks like a comedy but isn't:

St_Eddie

Mini

And that tagline: "One gun. Many lives lost." Would be shit even without there clearly being 2 guns on the fucking poster.

asids

Yeah, because when I think of a Steven Seagal I think...reading! And a random pitbull.

Small Man Big Horse

Finally we have proof that Tommy Lee Jones and Jeremy Beadle were separated at birth:

mothman

Morgan Freeman has basically just given up at this point, hasn't he?

buzby

Quote from: mothman on February 14, 2018, 10:53:45 PM
Morgan Freeman has basically just given up at this point, hasn't he?
His ex-wife got $400 million in their divorce settlement in 2010, so like John Cleese he'll take anything he can get.

bgmnts

Neither have reached Nic Cage levels of depravity yet.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mini on February 14, 2018, 04:18:24 PM
50 Cent movies are an inept film poster gold(shit)mine. This one looks like a comedy but isn't:

One gun? I see two

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buzby on February 14, 2018, 11:35:12 PM
His ex-wife got $400 million in their divorce settlement in 2010, so like John Cleese he'll take anything he can get.

including anti-Russian propaganda.

zomgmouse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 14, 2018, 11:48:11 PM
One gun? I see two

Quote from: Mini on February 14, 2018, 05:51:59 PM
And that tagline: "One gun. Many lives lost." Would be shit even without there clearly being 2 guns on the fucking poster.