Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Blumf

Quote from: buzby on February 14, 2018, 11:35:12 PM
His ex-wife got $400 million in their divorce settlement in 2010, so like John Cleese he'll take anything he can get.

I wonder how much he'd take to read out the entirety of the 'Schweinstein' and 'Woody Allen' threads.

I'd chuck a crisp fiver in for that.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 10, 2017, 07:41:00 PM
The Savile of Hollywood?

Asia Argento
Roseanna Arquette
Mira Sorvino
Angelina Jolie

he had a type, seemingly.

Scum hog roasted hopefully.

St_Eddie

Quote from: zomgmouse on February 14, 2018, 11:56:27 PM
*Highlighting the general lack of observation, in regards to other folk's posts*

I'd make a comment about how nobody bothers to read other peoples posts but no bugger would read it, so I shan't, even though I just did exactly that.

BlodwynPig

I'd make a comment about how nobody bothers to read other peoples posts but no bugger would read it, so I shan't, even though I just did exactly that.

samadriel

I'd make a comment about how nobody bothers to read other people's posts about how nobody bothers to read other people's posts, but no bugger would read it, so I shan't, even though I just did exactly that.

spamwangler

guys, have you noticed the rather obvious numerical mistake in the 50cent poster?

spamwangler

guys?

Glebe

Quote from: spamwangler on February 17, 2018, 11:10:29 PM
guys, have you noticed the rather obvious numerical mistake in the 50cent poster?

Oh yeah! One gun too many...

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Mini on January 25, 2018, 02:01:29 PM
Not so much inept as in keeping with the tacky-as-fuck tone but jesus...

Reminds me of the greenhouse scene in Scum.

newbridge

I'm a big fan of this one because it suggests Amanda Seyfried is, at times in her life, naked.

Replies From View

Quote from: asids on January 12, 2018, 07:50:37 PM
Reminds me of the poster for Life which was out last year, and who would have guessed it, was mercilessly advertised on the sides of buses:

Ed Miliband is looking stoic these days.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mr Banlon on February 17, 2018, 11:48:57 PM

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on February 18, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

phantom_power

And thus the forum ate itself and disappeared into nothing, leaving only a vague smell of self-righteous anger

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: phantom_power on February 18, 2018, 12:52:47 PM
And thus the forum ate itself and disappeared into nothing, leaving only a vague smell of self-righteous anger

BlodwynPig

asids

BlodwynPig

Quote from: asids on February 18, 2018, 09:29:44 PM
Ed Miliband is looking stoic these days.

I'm a big fan of this one because it suggests Amanda Seyfried is, at times in her life, naked.

mothman

I BAMLEM JACK BUAER... am I doing this right?

asids

Quote from: mothman on February 18, 2018, 10:10:04 PM
I BAMLEM JACK BUAER... am I doing this right?

What it needs is James Woods sticking his head out of that window the Rock is jumping towards, and making an "Aw, c'mon!" face and pose.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: asids on February 18, 2018, 10:49:45 PM
What it needs is James Woods sticking his head out of that window the Rock is jumping towards, and making an "Aw, c'mon!" face and pose.

Just take a nice big marker to the bus stop with you and treat it like a puzzle.

Sgt. Duckie

Can't sleep. Just went upon a three film bender consisting of Saps at Sea (TalkingPictures TV) 7.50 - 9pm...High Plains Drifter (ITV4) 9pm - 11pm and finally Zero Dark Thirty (Film4) 11.10pm - 2.15am.

Throughout these motion pictures, I noticed the sheer amount of guns on display. Saps at Sea with the Nick Jr. gun gags easily being my fave 'Sunday night freeview marathon gun moment'.

Not that interesting right? However, I've just clicked on this thread to escape the guns and I immediately study the below example of an inept film poster.

It's inept all right! The clue as to why is in the poster's tagline...but can anybody else spot it?? Anyhoo...I'm off to sleep. Laters.

]
Quote from: Mini on February 14, 2018, 04:18:24 PM[/size]
50 Cent movies are an inept film poster gold(shit)mine. This one looks like a comedy but isn't:

itsfredtitmus

reminds me of the greenhouse scene in scum

Bazooka

What a mutant, the punch of Stallone, the quick feet of Pele(assuming he has control of the beast's legs) and the cockney wit of Cane.

phantom_power

That was directed by John Huston?!?

EOLAN

Shouldn't Sylvester Stallone be in a different outfit as he was the goalkeeper.  Not even Nazis would allow keepers to play in the same coloured jersey as outfielders.
That was my primary problem with it.

Seconded on the "Didn't realise John Huston directed this".

Kane Jones

I thought it was called Escape To Victory.

BlodwynPig

Was this directed by John Huston???!!!

Mister Six

Reminds me of the scene with John Huston in the greenhouse in Guns.

Bazooka

Quote from: Kane Jones on February 19, 2018, 01:04:30 PM
I thought it was called Escape To Victory.

Yes, but the US title is Victory, and yes directed by John Huston!