Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 27, 2019, 12:14:37 AM
OK, I know it's not a film poster, but what the shit is this?

Is it not one of those lenticular covers, where the image changes, depending on how you angle it?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 27, 2019, 02:21:42 AM
Is it not one of those lenticular covers, where the image changes, depending on how you angle it?

Don't think so. Here's a photo from ebay:

zomgmouse

Jordan Peele the master of horror??? I mean he's directed two films. Come on, Empire.

Mister Six

And one of them was shit. I thought the same.

St_Eddie

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on July 27, 2019, 03:05:23 AM
Don't think so. Here's a photo from ebay...

Ah, okay.  In that case, I agree; that cover is awful.

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 27, 2019, 03:07:08 AM
Jordan Peele the master of horror??? I mean he's directed two films. Come on, Empire.

Yeah, I mean Empire are really letting their standards sli... oh.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Panbaams on July 26, 2019, 08:21:04 AM
A Fish Called Wanda, starring John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline and Michael Palin – and introducing Wanda, the alien fish-woman:

I'd assumed this artwork was a DVD cover, but apparently not – this is the original US poster.

there is one good thing about it- the names are in the right fucking places, for a change.

Mister Six

They managed to find a cast where the pecking order was perfect. Rare.

Panbaams

Although according to Michael Palin's diaries, all four were paid the same fee.

That one of Ricky Gervais leaping into the air in profile, with his head turned towards the viewer, with a huge grin on his face.  I can't recall the film title, but it just looks a bit daft.

Ferris

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 28, 2019, 07:36:26 PM
That one of Ricky Gervais leaping into the air in profile, with his head turned towards the viewer, with a huge grin on his face.  I can't recall the film title, but it just looks a bit daft.

A publicity photo of Ricky Gervais looking like a wally? Say it ain't so!

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 28, 2019, 07:36:26 PM

That was for The Invention Of Lying.

Load of absolute fucking garbage. The film, I mean. Load of absolute fucking garbage. Smug, obnoxious horseshit from one rotten end of it right to the other.

mothman

It'd make a good double bill with Yesterday. I say "good," but it wouldn't be; you know what I mean.

Bazooka

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on July 28, 2019, 08:11:31 PM

Load of absolute fucking garbage. The film, I mean. Load of absolute fucking garbage. Smug, obnoxious horseshit from one rotten end of it right to the other.

If you didn't know beforehand, the poster alludes heavily to the title being 'Tell The Truth'.

BlodwynPig

I truly believe that Ricky was happy in 2009.

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on July 28, 2019, 08:11:31 PM

Really does look like one of those fake film posters with such a ludicrously shit one-note concept that they're good for a cutaway joke in something like 30 Rock or Arrested Development, because it's immediately obvious how shit a film it would be if it was real.

I also sat through this and it was truly awful. Half-baked ideas, unfunny and weirdly nasty. If it was made in 2019 it would be a straight-to-Netflix exclusive that Ricky would claim is exactly the way he wanted it to be released.

Mister Six

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on July 29, 2019, 02:42:56 PM
Really does look like one of those fake film posters with such a ludicrously shit one-note concept that they're good for a cutaway joke in something like 30 Rock or Arrested Development, because it's immediately obvious how shit a film it would be if it was real.

I felt the same about this. I thought it was a prop from Arrested Development when I first saw it.

BlodwynPig

Jesus tells Jamie Theakston to do "bad things"?

Mister Six

Good to see the burning house from Lost Highway is still getting work.

Bazooka

Quote from: Mister Six on July 30, 2019, 02:22:31 PM
I felt the same about this. I thought it was a prop from Arrested Development when I first saw it.

Its impossible to tell if they are holding the badges, or they have fucked up tits that resemble fingertips, and the police badge is clinched in the cleavage.

Icehaven

Who are Bruce Tracy and Willis Morgan?

"Don't forget to rock out with your glock out on 26th February."

Christ life is futile.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mister Six on July 27, 2019, 01:29:38 AM
Also - "subversive"?

Joke will be a good guy FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on August 02, 2019, 11:22:44 AM
"Don't forget to rock out with your glock out on 26th February."

Christ life is futile.

That is National Open-Carry day over here though

Mister Six

America, where you can open-carry guns but not bottles of beer.

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: Mister Six on July 30, 2019, 02:22:31 PM

Are they the same colour now?

magval

Here's a great poster.

And here's HMV's DVD sleeve for it, which has a neat paint-effect filter ruined by some kind of mad afro shadow.

phantom_power

It takes dedication to have your neck broken just for a film poster

idunnosomename

i knew what this was going to be bumped with