Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on October 13, 2019, 10:52:15 AM
Dear oh dear.

It's a bit "Confabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel" for Downey, isn't it.

Glebe

Good to see a goose on a film poster for once, they're not properly represented by Hollywood.

phantom_power

Has he done a decent non-Marvel film in the last 10 years or so?

Bad Ambassador

"From the director of Syriana!"

Yeah, kids love the military-industrial complex.

Are they all, including the giraffe, standing on the same ground levels? If that a mop head with glasses in the bottom right? Less than second after the photo was taken, that flying parrot surely collided with Downey Jr and the emu.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on October 13, 2019, 04:17:15 PM
I was a bit surprised on finding out it's a new film, not one from his pre-Iron Man slump.

Glebe

Glebe

phantom_power

His Dark Materials adaptation causes fan outrage

magval

Quote from: Glebe on October 13, 2019, 06:29:47 PM

Fixed that.

Surely the This Picture dog needs to be in there.

BlodwynPig

SteveDave

The Judge was quite good. Robert Duvall shits himself in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBfJXZN7rg

greenman

Has he did any non Marvel film at all since Sherlock Holmes?

Head Gardener

Bad Ambassador

Icehaven

Quote from: greenman on October 16, 2019, 08:50:26 AM
Has he did any non Marvel film at all since Sherlock Holmes?

Not really no, The Judge (as someone metioned) and Chef, both utterly forgettable (although I think the Judge was supposed to be award fodder for Downey but failed on that front (think Duvall got nominated though). There's Sherlock 3 coming up now too (and an inevitable Black Widow spinoff.) IMDB mentions some biopic of someone I've never heard of too but that's not due for years. As I lamented in the ''looks shit I reckon'' thread even leaving aside the lost years he's done some terrific, interesting films and time was I'd watch him in anything but since Iron Man took off (fnar) he's just done big bucks boom bang bollocks and I'm not sure he ever won't again. Not that I imagine it keeps him awake at night.

Glebe

Quote from: magval on October 14, 2019, 06:06:53 PMSurely the This Picture dog needs to be in there.

A major oversight on my part, duly fixed - and I've even added the newly-discovered Goose King, f'good measure!

Bazooka

Quote from: Glebe on October 16, 2019, 08:28:53 PM
A major oversight on my part, duly fixed - and I've even added the newly-discovered Goose King, f'good measure!

Excellent as always Glebe, and actually looks more realistic than the original.

Glebe

Quote from: Bazooka on October 17, 2019, 08:49:49 PM
Excellent as always Glebe, and actually looks more realistic than the original.

Thanks Bazooka and yes, the original is a Photoshop nightmare, had to make it look like a proper, professional job!

phantom_power

Fuck off is that real

......<googles>......

Jesus wept

Cardenio I

Holy fuck that's bad. Poor Brendan.

idunnosomename

Brendan Fraser The Mummy and George of the Jungle are your guides

Spoiling us!!

Blumf

I had to check IMDB, thinking "Surely Brendan Fraser has done something more notable than George of the Jungle", but nope, that and The Mummy are his film career highlights.

Maybe Airheads? Not seen it.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000409/

garbed_attic

Quote from: Blumf on October 23, 2019, 01:29:06 PM
I had to check IMDB, thinking "Surely Brendan Fraser has done something more notable than George of the Jungle", but nope, that and The Mummy are his film career highlights.

Maybe Airheads? Not seen it.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000409/

To be fair to the man:
https://www.gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser

Bazooka

Fraser seems like a great bunch of lads.

Enrico Palazzo

He's got a tv showing coming out too. Shouldn't laugh, I guess, but...

Small Man Big Horse

Fraser's the voice of Cliff Steele in the superb Doom Patrol tv series though (and plays him in flashbacks), so at least he's doing something critically acclaimed at the moment.

Keebleman

From the IMDb page for The Secret of Karma:

QuoteThe Secret of Karma charts the path of Milan Friedrich, who after studying with extraterrestrials, was taught about how we create our own reality and how we can live the life of our dreams. During production, Milan met an ex UN Agent who claimed to work with aliens. Deciding to look into it, Milan was brought to a secret location for a meeting that turned his life around. He realized that he needed to make The Secret of Karma about the Alien's teachings. Based on real events, The Secret of Karma started out as a project Behind The Curtain of Night, about a man who had died and came back to life twice, and his desire to tell a story about reincarnation. Much like Cloud Atlas, this task proved to be too big to make into an entertaining film which could teach the masses. Milan halted production to write a new script for the film to reflect this new knowledge. The Secret of Karma is now a teaching of how reality is flexible and how the life of our dreams is within reach.

And from the IMDb page of its director, Mr Friedrich:

QuoteMilan Friedrich is a successful businessman who has made a splash in the Entertainment Industry in a very short time. Coming from the Fashion World, where he become one of the biggest manufacturers of Apparel through his company AMERICAN WAY, Mr. Friedrich decided that a jump into the Film Industry was a natural move as many of his fashion accessories are considered works of art and he decided he wanted a wider artistic canvas. It was a natural extension to move into the Entertainment Industry. And he has moved at lightening speed...

Teaming up with Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Phillip B. Goldfine, the two have produced numerous films and television series in a very short time. Together the two have produced close to 100 films and television series.

First Milan brought in BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF NIGHT. Starring Brendan Fraser and Marcia Cross, the story is based on the life of Dalibor Stach who was declared clinically dead twice by medical professionals, once for two minutes and the second time for five minutes. Dalibor had full consciousness during his death and was told he was going to make a film about his extraordinary experiences. His dream came true and BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF NIGHT is scheduled for release in early 2017.

Mr. Friedrich is currently in production on the three fairy tales and will announce them to the world shortly. All three shall seen throughout the world in 2017.

In addition, Mr. Friedrich's has been working on a mini series with Mr. Goldfine which wrapped production earlier this year. The Vampire drama, set in the future, will be announced shortly.

In 2016 Mr. Friedrich, ever expanding his Entertainment Empire, jumped into producing Green Acres The Musical on Broadway with Mr. Goldfine and Pamela Laudenslage and Coleen Lorber, two time Tony and Drama Desk winning producers for La Cage aux Folles and the Norman Conquests, which she did with Oscar Winner Kevin Spacey.

On top of being a full time Producer, Mr. Friedrich is a car enthusiast and races Ferraris in his spare time.